16: Why are you here?

Author's Note: Hi readers! Sorry for not updating recently. Once again my computer got backed up and deleted my work. But here is you next chapter either way. Remember, this fanfic is coming to the end. Please R&R and ENJOY!

Gian's POV

You know those moments when your parents do something incredibly stupid? Well this was one of those moments. You see, after we were kicked out of Camp Half-Blood, my parents realized that they hadn't said good-bye to my demigod brother, Larry. So when we got home, they decided it would be a genius idea to go back to the camp for the second to last day and say good-bye. I thought this was not a good idea and begged them to let me stay home. Guess what? The answer was no. So here I am in the back of my mom's minivan staring out the window at the passing trees dreading what is to come.

"Gian!" my mom said in a high pitched voice. "We are almost to the camp! Get ready to get out!" I groaned.

"Mom, you do understand that we were kicked out because of me, right? Why would you bring me back?" I asked irritated.

"Because, Dear. You need to say good-bye to your brother!"

"He's not my brother," I mumbled under my breath. "Can't I just stay in the car?"

"Don't be silly, Gian. That's against the law." I frowned pretty sure that the law didn't really matter in this kind of a place.

"Isn't coming back to the place you were ban from break the law?" I muttered.

"I heard that," my dad's gruff voice came from up front. I sighed and packed up my electronics and disconnected the Hotspot from my phone. I texted my buddy Carl that I had to go and rested my head on my hand, glaring out the window as if it were their fault for my coming back to this dump. The sun was shining brightly, but in my opinion, the clouds should be rolling over head and lightning should be making my parents turn around and go home.

I glanced back to my parents and then back outside where I saw the approaching pine tree; Thalia's Tree. My parents parked the car next to the tree, expecting the dragon, Pelius(SP), to guard it for them.

"You can't make me get out," I declared to my parents who were opening their doors.

"Yes, we can," My dad said sternly. I turned up my nose and turned around. I heard my dad seething behind me, but I could care less. "Gian Markus Knippenburg. Get out of this car right now!" My dad was practically yelling. I know it was disrespectful, and risky, but I moved farther from the door, ignoring my father. My mom gasped at my behavior. Then, I heard my dad's heavy footsteps coming from behind me and gulped in fear for myself. I felt huge hands grip my stomach and drag me out of the car. My dad placed my feet on the ground, and I crumbled just to prove my point. My dad's face was red with rage. "Fine," Dad said. "We'll just let the dragon eat you." I scrambled to my feet. I was not going to become dragon chow. My dad straightened his colored shirt and my mom straightened her dress. I didn't even dust off the dirt that was on my pants.

My mother began to lead us to the boarder. We were almost past the tree when an invisible force blocked us out. We frowned and tried it again. "Ah," my mom snapped her fingers. "The magical boarders. Gian, remove the fleece." I looked at her scandalized. My mom wanted me to climb on top of a man eating dragon and pull a magical fleece off of that pine tree? Nuh-uh. Not gonna happen. I vigorously shook my head no. "I'll give you a tablet!" my mom coaxed. That hit a nerve. You see, my family was rich and I wanted a tablet for myself. I slowly nodded and went towards the dragon's face. He was asleep. Hot steam blew out of his flaring nostrils and his scales glistened in the sun. I gulped and slowly inched around the dragon. I was about to grab the fleece, when I stepped on a twig. I t snapped under my weight and the Pelius awoke with a ferocious roar.

I'll admit, I screamed like a little girl. But who wouldn't? I was face to face with a gargantuan dragon that wouldn't hesitate to eat me. There must have been monsters following us on the way here because three Cyclops approached from out of the woods. My parents and I screamed for help as the four monsters approached. I'm stupid. I forgot that electronics attracted monsters. I must still smell like demigod scum. Yuck!

A moment later, about one-hundred demigods came over the hill, all with their swords drawn. "Pelius. Down!" I heard Thalia command. The dragon growled one more time before curling up around the base of the tree studying me with beady black eyes. I was going to run back to the car when a Cyclops crushed it with it's foot.

"Yum!" one growled. "Demigods, gods, and mortals all in one meal!" I wanted to run and hide, but there was nowhere to go. The demigods approached.

"I, Annabeth Chase, give Gian Knippenburg, Markus Knippenburg, and Jill Knippenburg, permission to enter Camp Half-Blood." I scrambled across the boarder with my parents close behind. I watched the raging battle. The camp split into three equal teams and defeated the Clyclops one by one. First Cyclops down. I watched as Piper and Calypso worked to defeat another Cyclops. Apparently a group of demigods thought that they had defeated one, but were incorrect. The third Cyclops approached Piper and Calypso from behind as they finally managed to turn the Cyclops to dust.

"Piper!" Jason screamed across the field at the same time that Leo called out, "Calypso!" I gasped as the monster approached, ready to kill the two of them. Jason and Leo were too far away to help, so either they were dead, or...

Before I could think through the possibilities that could go wrong, I sprinted from behind the boarder. Piper and Calypso turned around right as the Cyclops swung its sword and I dived in front of them, keeping them from getting hit.

I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this. I felt the sword go through me, but it didn't hurt. I felt like a cool shiver passed through my body. I lay on the ground expecting to have the pain come over my body at any second. I looked at the ground expecting to see pools of my own blood. But instead, I saw that I was perfectly intact. "Celestial Bronze passes through mortals," I heard from behind me. It was Piper. She gazed down at me before offering her hand I took it and hopped off of the ground. There was a loud applause for me. Even Jason, Leo, and Percy reluctantly joined in. I smiled feeling a blush creep into my cheeks. "Thanks," Piper said before going over to Jason.

"Before I could let that sink in, another voice approached me. "So, Gian. Care to tell us why you're here?" Percy.

"My parents wanted to say bye to Larry," I answered truthfully and simply. Percy frowned.

"You were banned," he stated bluntly.

"Tell them that," I said pointing to my wide-eyed parents. Percy sighed and walked to his girlfriend, Annabeth.

"Knippenburg's" I heard Chiron say as he approached in horse form. "You are welcome to stay until tomorrow. Please no disruptions." Then, Chiron clopped off to the Big House. Well. I thought. This is awkward. Then, I headed back to camp.