10: Capture the Flag

Author's Note: Heyo. Sorry for not updating recently. I love the reviews you all leave me with the suggestions. I will try and include all of your ideas. Please continue to R&R! As always... ENJOY!

Percy's POV

Blue food at camp. There is nothing better. I was currently sitting at the Poseidon table with my mom, Paul, Poseidon, and Cameron. They all ate regular food that wasn't blue. But I mean seriously. Who eats regular food. Hey look a butterfly. Sorry. Stupid ADHD. Anyways. Tonight I was getting ready to lead the demigods at Camp Half-Blood to victory in Capture the Flag against the Hunters. We might win this time! Mah. Who am I kidding. Their gonna beat us again.

I was standing at the front of the pavilion waiting for everybody to calm down before saying, "Hello everybody. Tonight is our annual Capture the Flag game. It will be demigods against Hunters. Mortals will be sitting on the side of the woods watching the game. The gods will be there as well, and NO INTERFEARING! The gods are not to help the demigods or Hunters. Now, the Hunters should be here in a moment..." I trailed off.

"So," a mortal said. "What do we do now?" I smirked.

"You duck."

"What?" there was a confused group of mortals. The demigods understood and ducked their heads.

"Duck!" I said more forcefully. That did the trick. And just in time too. Right when we ducked and arrow came whizzing by. I quickly stood up and caught it in my hands. The mortals looked flabbergasted and the demigods frowned. I knew how the competition was. Whoever could catch the "welcome arrow" sent from the Hunters got a case of soda for their cabin. Needless to say, I was stocked up on Cokes. "Thalia!" I said excitedly running off to hug my cousin.

"Hey, Perce. Sup' Annie," Thalia said to my approaching girlfriend. "Ready to get your butt whipped?"

"We might win this time," I stated matter o' factly.

"Well," Annabeth began with fake thought. "The current percentage shows 100% for Hunters and 0% for demigods. So, the chances of us winning are close to nothing. You know what, they are nothing." I smiled knowing it was true.

"Come on," I urged as I lead the Hunters and demigods and mortals and gods to the woods. We split and got ready to play. "Okay. I leave it up to Annie for a plan. What do you got?"

"We have about fifty campers and twenty-five Hunters playing. We need to scope out the Hunters. Go for a 2 on 1 strategy. Then..." I zoned out after that. All I knew is that I would take Thalia Grace with Nico. Like I always do. "Alright, BREAK!" Annabeth whispered right as the conch horn blew. "Let's go. Everybody in your positions." I raced off with Annabeth and Nico to the creek. Boarder patrol by the creek for me is the best position.

Annabeth and Nico disappeared and I stood alone at the creek. I was alert like always, but after Tartarus, well, I was extra jumpy. I heard the leaves that blanketed the ground rustle behind me. Someone was coming up behind me. The crunching sounds of the black Hunter combat boots against leaves got closer and closer. I waited until the last possible second to whip around. There was nobody there. What? Then, I got an idea of where the Hunter might be. My eyes scaled the trees for any clue. There! I saw a flash of silver leggings dash around the trees leaping from tree to tree with amazing agility and speed. I used the water and created a hand. I felt the familiar tug in my gut and released the water, bending it to my will. The water grabbed the girl around the waste mid jump and brought her in front of me. I smiled when I saw who it was. It was one of the girls who had been with Artemis the first time I had met them. Sopie, I think was her name.

"Gotcha'" I said and sent her to the jail. I captured 1 other Hunter, but that was it. I really didn't do much. I waited patiently until the horn in the distance blew signaling the end of the game. By a single glance at the Hunters and demigods faces, I could tell that we had lost... again. Go figure. But I really didn't care. I loved playing with the Hunters. It made life a lot more fun. After the game, we went right to bed. I kissed Annabeth good night before heading to my cabin. The Hunters were leaving again in two days, Sunday. I was upset, but knew that Thalia was coming for winter break. I smiled while I drifted to sleep.

The next two weeks were normal for me. Nothing very exciting happened. I trained, taught, ate, and slept. Oh, and needless to say I kicked Gian's butt on more than 1 occasion. It was finally Monday of the last week, and little did I know that the week would be crazy hectic.