6: Talking

Author's Note: Thank you all so much for reading. I love to read your reviews and I do take them into consideration. After I finish writing, I will go back and touch up the errors throughout the fanfic that I have missed. Please R&R... and ENJOY!

Annabeth's POV

Oh, crud. Why did I agree to talk to Helen again? Oh yeah. My seaweed brain of a boyfriend. I put away my sword and kissed Percy once more before heading to my family. "Good luck," Percy whispered. I shot him a grateful glance.

"Alright, Helen. Let's clear the air. Dad, please take Bobby and Mathew somewhere. We will catch up," I said. My dad looked at us warily before following my orders. Once they were out of sight, I began again. "So, Helen. Why do you hate me so much?" Wow Annabeth. What a way to start a conversation. I thought.

"I do not hate you Annabeth. I just believe that you are a danger to my children and I, as well as your father. You cannot go one day without getting attacked by a monster or something. You are a threat." Helen got up to leave but I caught her arm.

"You are not leaving until we are finished. I promised a friend," I snarled.

"Fine. Either way, I have two children who I would like to grow up past twenty, unlike you . You will probably die within the next year because your life is so dangerous," Helen said astutely.

It took all of my will power not to attack her. "I may be a threat, but those monsters won't hurt your kids or you. They only want me. I don't want to go and live in San Francisco again. I am happy in New York. All I am asking is that you and I will bond at least a little this summer. No monsters will attack us inside the camp boarders." Helen seemed to ponder this.

"Fine," she finally agreed. "We will bond. I won't lie. I would like to know more about you. Whenever people ask about you I don't have anything to say. So yes, we can bond and you can see your half-siblings, as long as they are safe." I smiled feeling accomplished.

"Thank you." Then, I raced off to find Percy.

Percy's POV

I was pacing back and forth in my cabin. I still had another fifteen minutes before I had to be at the Big House. Our godly parents were coming tomorrow, and worry was in the air. Not for the demigods, but for the mortals. Most of them hadn't seen the gods at all after they had left. I was also worried about Annabeth. She still hadn't returned. Granted she was only with Helen for about five minutes. Some random mortal family was in the cabin at the time. I decided to start up conversation.

"Hey," I said. It was a lame start, but I needed something to clear my head.

"Hello," said the mother. I studied her. It was Mrs. Rodriguez without a doubt. "Have you seen Christopher?"

"I saw him with Clarisse in the sword fighting arena," I said confused. Mrs. Rodriguez began muttering under her breath before storming toward the arena.

"She isn't fond of Clarisse. Chris's girlfriend," Chris's step-dad said. "She has this perfect 'vision' of who Chris should be dating. She even found the 'perfect' girl." He chuckled. I frowned. If Mrs. Rodriguez hadn't really been a part of Chris's life until now, how is it fair that she gets to decide on his love life at camp? Ugh! This is so confusing.

"She really shouldn't be butting in. It's Chris's life. He should decide." The step-dad nodded.

"I never did catch your name. I am Mark."

"I'm Percy Jackson," I smiled shaking his hand. Then, Annabeth came into my cabin.

"What's up with Chris?" she asked. I shook my head and I gave her an 'I'll tell you later look'. She nodded and we headed to the Big House.

"Nice to meet you, Mark," I shouted. He waved before turning back to his book. "So, are we discussing the gods coming to visit?" Annabeth shrugged. I gasped. "A daughter of Athena not knowing something?! What has this world come to?!" Annabeth laughed.

"Some things Chiron prefers to keep a secret. Come on Seaweed Brain." I smiled and took off down the hill with Annabeth on my heels. We ran all the way into the rec. room.

"I win!" I shouted triumphantly. Annabeth frowned then began to fake cry.

"B-But I w-want-ted to w-win!" she wailed. The demigods chuckled. "Y-you are s-so m-m-mean!" By then, everybody was laughing, even Annabeth.

"Okay, heroes," Chiron said after everybody had calmed down. "Tomorrow your godly parents are coming. Please remember to be on your best behavior and make sure your mortal parents don't get out of control. Also, Friday night the Hunters ARE coming for Capture the Flag. You are dismissed." The meeting was short and he only wanted to remind us of our goal. I left with the Stoll brothers because I know that we have arts and crafts together.

We did some weaving thing. I made a trident. It really wasn't great, but I'm no Athena kid. As the day passed, the more I wanted to be alone with my camp friends. I really hadn't gotten to talk to them a lot. We all were with our families. Why did the gods have to do this to us? I sighed as I sat on the dock at the canoe lake. Nobody was in it, so it was really quite peaceful. I wanted to jump in and feel the water surrounding me, but I knew my parents would be looking for me. I was ready to be done with this 'parents summer' and get back to normal training. Plus, the gods would be here. Tomorrow would be exhausting, and interesting.