15: A Few more Visitors

Author's Note: Hello fandom enthusiasts... I really don't know where that came from. Anyways, I am going to put in a recommendation that has been put off until the end on purpose. So whoever asked for this... do not be worried that your request will not be written. Okay, also, we are nearing the end. I am thinking 3-5 more chapters. Also, I'm sorry for not updating sooner. I was almost finished with this chapter when my computer decided to shut down on me and delete the document in the process. So, sorry 'bout that. Please continue to R&R, thank you, and ENJOY!

Nico's POV

Bring you parents to camp. Have your family learn about your life as a demigod. Bring a friend if you don't have any family. Seriously Chiron. Seriously? Why did we have to do this anyways? It's not like it's benefitting anybody. Sure, Annabeth got back on track with her step-mother, and some other demigods got a visit from their parents. But what about us who don't have any parents or a girlfriend or boyfriend. Oh, I'm sorry, that's only me. You see, Thalia doesn't have any boyfriend... obviously. And her mom is dead, but she has the Hunters. Leo's mom died, but he has Calypso. Same with Clarisse. (Don't know if this is true... but whatever)

I crawled out of bed. Thank gods it was Friday. I only had to put up with these mortals until tomorrow morning. Then, I could go back to my lovely life without them. I pulled on my black skinny jeans, a Camp Half-Blood shirt, and my black sweatshirt that I zipped up to hide the orange shirt. Piper has been slowly coaxing me out of my regular attire. Key word, *slowly.* I didn't bother to brush my hair or teeth as I marched down to the dining pavilion for breakfast. Anything but cereal. I got pancakes and bacon with pomegranate juice. Hades, my dad, came to sit next to me. I glanced up at him.

"Father," I said once I finished off a bite of pancake.

"Nico," he replied as he began picking at bacon. "I have a surprise for you today. Along with many others. But in particular, you." I looked him directly in the eye. I studied his face for any clues, but their were none.

"When?" I asked.

"After breakfast." with that, Hades disappeared into nothing. I sighed setting down my fork and pushing away my breakfast. I folded my arms on the table and let the side of the cheek rest of my hands. I studied the rest of the families. Everybody seemed to be getting along except the select few who were never good with their families. I snuck a glance at Will Solace, my boyfriend. He was arguing with his mom about something. Probably going back to Kentucky with her to carry on the family business. I knew Will wanted to be a doctor not a farmer. I know it's the family business and all, but who really wants to be a farmer? Wouldn't your parents want you to become a doctor? Meh, Will's family is weird.

I got up, ignoring the stares and shadow traveled back to the arena where Mrs. O'Leary was lazily sitting in the sun with her tongue lolling out of her mouth creating a huge puddle of drool at her feet. Dust was matted into her fur and she looked like a stray super dog due to her size. I entered the arena.

"Hey, girl," I whispered. She whipped around her huge head and a smile seemed to appear on her face. I smirked as she began tromping toward me, no doubt shaking the pavilion. I glanced over and saw confused mortals as they where being shaken around because of Percy's pet. She came over to me and began to lick my face with her oink tongue. "Eew. Okay, Mrs. O'Leary, okay. Yup I get it you're happy to see me. Okay, enough." I commanded. Mrs. O'Leary cocked her head to the side as I wiped huge amounts of slobber off of my face. She whined, asking me to play with her and I grabbed a shield in response, chucking it across the arena for her. She caught it mid air and brought it back, carefully setting it on the ground in front of my feet. I threw it again and again until I was called back to the dining pavilion. Remind me to give Mrs. O'Leary a bath later.