4: The Fight

Author's Note: Hey guys. Sorry for not updating recently. It's just been hectic with school ending and finals. But, SCHOOL'S OUT! Also, my wifi broke. So my dad had to fix it. All good now. Either way, please forgive me, and ENJOY!

Percy's POV

I woke up at 6 the next morning to feel Annabeth's warm body pressed against mine, huddling in my arms. I smiled as I smelled her lemon shampoo. My lips lightly brushed her fore head.

"Hey," I whispered, smiling down at her.

"Hey," she greeted, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. "What time is it?"

"Around 6."

"K. I gotta wake up my cabin. We have training 'till 8:30, then we wake up the mortals."

"Alright. I'll see you in the arena for some sparring?" Annabeth agreed before heading out to wake her brothers and sisters. I quickly and quietly pulled on my clothes that I had tried to find a place to keep. Is under your bed an acceptable place? Oh well. It works. I glanced at the multiple mortal families soundly sleeping in my cabin. Let me explain our sleeping plans. All of the cabins had at least one family. The more empty cabins-Poseidon, Zeus, Hera and Artemis- had almost all mortals. We knew that the Hunters would be here on Friday, but we could have people sleep in their cabin until then. I grabbed Riptide and raced out of my cabin, glad to be with my demigod family.

I arrived at the arena and saw demigods sparring and destroying dummies. They clearly didn't care about the sleeping mortals, because they were laughing and yelling with each other. I saw Annabeth approaching me.

"Ready?" I asked. As a response, Annabeth took a fighting stance. I chuckled and took my own stance. Then, Annabeth lunged. We traded hits, blows, blocks, and tried out a few of the other moves we had tried to master on each other. I finally won, with my sword pointed at Annabeth's neck. The demigods, though they had seen it thousands of times, were in shock. I turned away and bowed, as did Annabeth.

"No wonder you guys are the best," muttered some Hermes camper. I smirked at that. I checked my watch. 8:00. Wow. We had been aimlessly sparring and destroying dummies for about 2 hours.

"We should get in some cardio," Annabeth said. I agreed and we raced out of the arena and began running along the beach. The air was fresh and inviting. I wanted to jump into the crystal clear water with Annabeth and surround us with a bubble like I had many times before. But, knowing me, I would loose track of time and stay down there forever. At about 8:20, we sprinted back to our cabins to wake people up. I pecked Annabeth on the cheek and headed inside.

Almost everybody was still asleep. My little sister, Cameron, was sitting on the floor playing with dolls, and a few other kids were with her. I smiled at her.

"Hey guys. How about you get dressed and we can go have some fun?" I said. The kids cheered and cleaned up their toys. I headed to my mom and Paul and woke them up. "Ready for your first day?" I asked. They both smiled and continued to help me wake people up. Finally, by 9:30, everybody was ready. "Alright Cabin 3, fall in!" I joked. They lined up and we headed to the pavilion. I spotted Annabeth with her dad. She was actually smiling. Helen, Bobby, and Mathew were avoiding her all together. I scowled at that. Jason was sitting on his own. Thalia had gone back to visit the Hunters until Friday, when they all came. Nico was hidden in the shadows of the pavilion, talking to someone. Probably a soul. "Okay. Everybody go and sit with your kids please." I said and went to sit down.

Then, I saw something that ticked me off. There was a stupid mortal kid, Mikey, who was picking on a little girl. A child of Apollo named Amanda. I growled and went to teach him a lesson. My mom pulled me back.

"I'm sure she can handle it, Percy. She looks pretty tough." I grimaced as I saw Amanda start to cry. I went to help her, but Will beat me to it. Still, I headed over. We were joined by some other kids who were there not to beat up Mikey, but to hold back Will and I.

"What's your name?" Will asked glaring. Will was normally laid back and chill. I sometimes forgot how scary he could be when he wanted to.

"Mickey. Now why don't you little demigod scum go away so I can continue loving this child," Mickey sneared. I was raging. Annabeth came up and lightly touched my arm. I began to calm down slightly.

"That is my sister. You will have nothing to do with her," Will growled.

"Oh yeah? Bet I will," Mickey snarled drawing back a fist to take a jab at Amanda. Then, I flew at Mikey. I was going to pummel him, but Clarisse caught me.

"Not now. Let Will take this one," Clarisse whispered to me. I nodded, not in the mood to argue. Clarisse and I nodded to WIll. He gave a small smile, then tackled Mikey to the ground in one easy move. Then, he punched him in the nose, feeling it crack. His mind was whirring with his injuries so far. 'broken nose, bruised bones,' nothing serious.

"I can throw you to the monsters. I suggest you quit it," Will growled, making Mikey nod frantically before running off. Will marched over to Amanda and began soothing her. The mortals were in shock at Will, but the demigods weren't. Will was really strong. It was no surprise. He worked hard training whenever he wasn't in the infirmary. Everybody filed back to their tables. They now knew not to pick a fight with these kids. Even the scrawny ones.

"So," Chiron began. "Welcome to your first full day. I hope you slept well. As you can see, these kids will not hesitate to destroy you. William wasn't trying very hard, so it is clear that these heroes could easily kill you. Now, you will follow your demigod children to your first activity. Please try not to provoke anything. I don't want to make Will work too hard in the infirmary when his family is here." Will grumbled. He wasn't a fan of his family, at all. I knew this, but I still felt bad that not everybody could experience such a great parent. "Oh," Chiron added. "One more thing. The gods will be coming tomorrow."

Then, he clopped off, leaving many angry mortals. Then, everything was chaos. "I don't wan to see the man who left me!" "I have my own family now!" "I hate the gods!" Thunder boomed overhead and the waves began to churn. Even bones began to emerge.

"Really, dad!" Jason, Nico, and I all shouted, looking at our rightful elements. I wanted to jump into the ocean, but I knew better. I had to grip Jason and Nico's shoulders to keep them from leaving to their fathers. Once everything calmed down, we headed to our activities and training. Boy, this was going to be interesting.