11: Knife Throwing

Author's Note: Hey Peeps. Sorry about how short the last chapter was. I will make the next one longer. *Hint hint: Percy and Gian collide again!* In this chapter there are gymnastics references adn I just wanted to tell you that I am a level 9 gymnast. There are explanations and all, but they probably aren't all that great. You can search on the internet for videos of people preforming the skills so you can get an idea. Anyways, I hope you all are still enjoying this. Also, please continue to R&R and leave suggestions. ENJOY!

Oh wait! And there are some words with little stars before them. They are acrobatic skills. THe description of each is at the bottom.

Piper's POV

Thank the gods. Only one more week that I have to deal with the mortals milling around camp. And more importantly, one more week with Gian. That jock, player, idiot doesn't know who he is messing with. He keeps trying to flirt with me and get me to go out with him just so he can get his hands in my pants. Ugh! Just ew.

It was Monday morning and I strolled out of my cabin wearing long athletic shorts and a Camp tee-shirt with running shoes. My dagger dangled from my waste. Today I was teaching knife throwing and acrobatics. So, I had two knives strapped to each of my arms, one on each calf and one on each thigh near my knee. I pulled my hair up into a pony tail and walked to the arena to set things up.

Now normal, sane people don't do acrobatics and gymnastics with throwing knives. But demigods aren't normal or sane. I would be teaching the mortals a few flips and tricks to use in order to distract your opponent while chucking a knife with perfect aim. What could go wrong? Well, let's just say, a lot of things.

Finally I finished setting up when the mortals began to show up. Go figure Gian was the first one there.

"Hey, Babe," Gian purred while approaching me. I gagged. "So, Honey. I know you say you love that blonde boy, but let's face it. You are just playing hard to get. Dump him and I will take you on an amazing night. We can-" Gian was cut off by an angry looking mom.

"Gian Knippenburg. You do not flirt with this young lady while she is trying to teach," She said crossly. The thing that ticked me off was the fact that the mother only said while I was trying to teach. Ugh. Mortals.

"Thank you," I said through gritted teeth and a menacing glare. "Now go away so I can teach." The two nodded and went to the group of mortals. I looked around for Clarisse. She was supposed to be helping me. I finally spotted her and urged her to get up at the front to teach. "Finally," I muttered before beginning the lesson. "Hello, mortals. Today Clarisse and I will be teaching you knife throwing with acrobatics. I know that over the past few weeks that you have been working on both of these skills separately. But today, they will be combined. I now turn to Clarisse so that she may perfect your knife throwing skills." I nodded to Clarisse.

"Thanks, Beauty Queen," Clarisse grumbled. "Get five knives and begin throwing at the targets. I want two in the middle ring, one in the yellow, and the other two in the white. This is for accuracy in all different ranges. Go!" Clarisse looked like she would rather be anywhere else, but I had to keep her here. I watched from the side. Clarisse was helping an older man with the rotation of the knife not paying attention to anyone else. A group of teens were goofing around and little children were running around with the knives like they were dolls with their mothers chasing them. I grumbled and went to the teens first.

"Get back in line," I charmspoke. They quickly did as I said. "Now do not play with the knives and get your accuracy. Do not stop until I tell you to." The boys nodded together and began chucking the knives. I then went to the children. "Do not run with the knives. They are not toys, young ones. Give the knives to your mothers and go create a flower chain over there," I said pointing to a patch of daisies. The children happily walked to their mothers, then to the flower patch. I grinned at the children. One girl in particular. Cameron, Percy's half sister. She had beautiful brown hair and blue eyes like Sally, but her figure was clearly that of Paul's. "Come on, Clarisse. We have more to teach." I said to the grumpy girl. "Now," I said to the group. "We will now be combining this with the acrobatics. Please warm up your best skills." The mortals nodded. I saw a lot of *cartwheels and hand stands. One girl did a *back handspring and another did a *front flip . "Okay, I will give a demonstration and then you will try."