12: More demigods bond with their parents

Author's Note: Hello readers. I know that I have been getting a lot of requests for the whole, Clarisse and Chris thing. And here it is! I had to do the knife throwing chapter first because I got that request before hand. Please R&R and ENJOY!

Mrs. Rodriguez's POV

I can't believe that my Chrissy-poo is in love with that no good scum bag, Clarisse. I need to get that ugly pig away from my baby boy. Julia is the perfect girl for him. He will be with her. Even if I force him to. Even if I have to trick him or Clarisse.

I marched out of the Hermes cabin and found Chris talking to some boys. They both had light brown, curly hair and blue eyes. Their features were upturned and mischievous like Chris's. I'm guessing they are half-brothers. Chris handed them ten bucks and then they raced off. My boy is gambling! It must be the influence of the Clarisse girl.

"Chrissy-pie," I sang out. Chris turned toward me and groaned slightly. "Why are you here and not with Julia?" I asked playing the innocent card.

"I don't like her!" Chris literally screamed. "I love Clarisse La' Rue. Not some dumb mortal!" We were drawing attention. Two people seemed to be listening intently. One was a big, bulky man with shades on. He took them off and his eye sockets were burning with fire were his eyes should be. The woman was probably the most beautiful I had ever seen. Her appearance kept changing, each outfit more gorgeous than the last.

"Christopher, you are drawing attention to us. Hush-hush," I scolded. I had a feeling these people would not be happy if I messed with them. Chris glanced at the two people and a mischievous glint shimmered in his eyes.

"Mother, I don't care what you think. Clarisse is beautiful and incredibly talented. I only want her in my life and I won't break her heart just for some mortal."

"Chris, honey. Clarisse is an ugly pig. GO, break up with that scum and you and Julia will be a couple. NOW!" Chris didn't move. He was looking past me at the two figures. The man was fuming and the woman seemed to be aggravated and calming down the man as well. They began to talk in another language which I didn't understand. Then, they marched over.

The man grabbed my expensive shirt color and lifted me off of the ground, pulling my face to his. "You listen here, mortal. You insulted my daughter and I won't stand for it. I suggest you leave her and Chris alone!" I resisted the urge to run and hide. The guy was intimidating.

"What can you do to me if I insult your daughter and do what's best for my son?" I squeaked. The guy growled.

"Ares," the woman said. Wait this was a god? Probably wasn't the best thing to say. Before I knew it, I was tackled to the ground, my shoulders pinned. The man on top of me, lightly, for him, punching me in the gut. "ARES!" the woman scolded. He rolled off of me and lightly kicked me. My stomach hurt real bad, but I wasn't worried about that. I was worried about my ruined parka and shirt! Then, the woman came over.

"You, are messing with the Chrisse ship. I am the love goddess and if you do ao again I will curse you with love problems do you understand?" This time I didn't hide my fear.

"Yes, ma'am," I gulped before scurrying away. I heard Chris chuckling and mumble something about going to find Clarisse. Last time I mess with my son's life. Love, or not.

Mrs. Solace's POV

I can't believe that my son wants to be a doctor. Now I know what you are thinking. Don't you want your son to be a doctor? Well my answer is NO! You're probably confused. The thing is, my new husband Jeb and I live in Kentucky and own a farm full of horses. I know how much Will loves horses and I would think he wants to become a horse trainer. But for some reason he wants to work for his blasted father, Apollo. That man left me and I still haven't forgiven him. We leave in three days and I need to get Will to come with us to Kentucky. If I don't have anyone to pass the farm down to, we will lose it. And that can't happen.

Mr. Gardner's POV

I love my Katie with all of my heart and I don't hold any grudge against Demeter. She told me who she was before anything happened. It is clear that Katie has made excellent choices in her life, but one. I'm not trying to jump to conclusions or anything, but I am. I don't trust Travis Stoll. That mischievous glint in his eyes. His evil smirk. It makes you think he is a pranking player, and I don't want my Katie hurt. I will talk to Travis today. Make sure that he is good for my girl.

Travis was running along side his brother when I found them. "Travis!" I called out. He stopped and told his brother to keep running. He walked over to me.

"Hello. You're Mr. Gardner right? Katie's dad?" he asked holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Yes. Now, I want to go over a few things with you. Why don't we sot and talk," I suggested.

"Well, we can't sit right here, but come on, we can talk on the dock," Travis said leading me to the canoe pond.

"Okay, Thank you." Travis nodded his head and looked me straight in the eyes. "SO, I want to talk to you about Katie and you." Travis nodded not wavering. "I'll start off with the most basic. Do you really love her?"

Travis rapidly nodded. "With all of my heart, Sir."

"Good. How long have you guys been dating?"

"About a year," Travis replied cocking his curly head slightly.

"Have you dated anybody else?" Travis only shook his head, no. "Will you break Katie's heart?" I asked sincerely.

"No, sir. I love Katie, a lot. She is amazing and beautiful and talented and kind and funny. And AWESOME! But seriously. I love her and care about her too much to break her heart, unless she wants it broken. Which I doubt would happen." I nod.

"Thank you, Travis."

"No prob, Mr. Gardner. I gotta go catch up with Connor. See you around!" Travis shouted before jogging off. Maybe Travis isn't so bad after all.