13: A Player goes up in Flames

Author's Note: 'Sup. It is DemigodGirl517 with a new update everybody get ready! Okay, anyways, I have been getting some requests for a Caleo moment and Leo going all fire crazy. Well, here it is. I have more plans for Gian as well. Also, there will be another Capture the Flag game. Be prepared for some of our deceased friends to join as well. Please continue to R&R, thanks for reading, and ENJOY!

Leo's POV

I hate mortals. Especially stuck up, jock, players. Anybody come to mind? Well, my dear readers, there is in fact one person who comes to mind for me. His name is Gian Knippenburg. Bleh! He thinks he is all that and a bag of chips with salsa, but he is only a puny mortal. He doesn't know what us demigods are capable of. Because I just came back, he hasn't learned about my wicked awesome fire abilities. And, if he make one more move on Calypso, he will be burned to a crisp.

Let me give you a few examples...

-Calypso and I were walking along the beach. I was explaining to her what surfing was when HE showed up. I glared and Calypso looked curiously innocent. Gian tried for a winning smile and Calypso, who is still foreign to the language of flirting, smiled back. *Note to self. Teach Calypso the flirt language next and how to avoid it.*

"Hey, beautiful," Gian said.

"Hello," Calypso replied innocently.

"What's your name, girl?" Gian tried for another flirtatious smile. I scowled.

"Calypso," she said frowning slightly, recognizing Gian's actions.

"So, I was wondering if you would want to hang out tonight. We could have some fun?" Gian asked winking. Thankfully, Claypso had some knowledge of this kind of thing.

"Oh, my gods!" she shrieked. I tried to hide my snickers. "Never in a million years! Besides, I have a boyfriend." I smirked and waved to Gian gripping tight to Calypso's hand.

"That little mess. You could do so much better, Babe." Gian said innocently. Calypso scowled.

"No," she said defiantly. Then, Calypso turned toward me and kissed me. I kissed right back. Then, when the kiss was broken, Calypso turned to Gian and punched him in the nose. But clearly, this wasn't enough of a signal.

- (A few days after) I was in Bunker Nine with Calypso. We were working on a new sphere using Archimedes designs. Nyssa walked in and told us that there was someone looking for us at the volleyball court. We nodded, thanked her, and headed to the volleyball court. When we got there, only Gian was there. I growled as he approached and Calypso put a comforting hand on my bicep. I calmed down a little, but still set a death glare on him.

"What do you want, Gian?" Calypso frowned.

"Well, I want you," Gian said smiling slyly. I wanted to punch him into the earth. Let potty sludge face Gaea take him.

"I told you, I am taken," Calypso said inching forward, clenching and unclenching her fists.

"Why don't you dump that scoundrel. He probably is on steroids and is going to break you hearty for some other girl." Calypso gasped.

"You little..."Calypso was shaking in fury. "How dare you call Leo a scoundrel. He is the most lovable, amazing person in the world. He died for me, Gian. He used the physicians cure and died. He did the impossible of coming back to the island I was trapped on for 3,000 years. Do you think you could beat that?!" I pulled Calypso back before she hurt him to badly.

"Yes," Gian said simply. Then, he walked away sending one last wink at Calypso.

So you would think that he had gotten the message by now. Well apparently not. He had attempted to win over Callie many other times. Well today was the last day.

Calypso and I were lazily strolling arm in arm through camp. I sat down with her on the dock looking into the glistening blue water. Niads waved at me, but I ignored them. Flirts. I glanced at Calypso and saw her frowning ever so slightly, disrupting her delicate features. I studied her. Her caramel hair was pulled into a low pony tail, a style Annabeth had taught her. Pieces of beautiful silky hair had escaped and were waving gently in the wind. He brow was furrowed and her almond shaped brown eyes were clearly deep in thought. They looked rather troubled. I picked up her smooth hand in my calloused one and ran my thumb over the top of her hand in circles. She looked up at me, meeting my eyes. He sat there for a moment gazing at each other in comfortable silence before she spoke up.

"Leo, about Gian," she began. I resisted the urge to growl. I nodded my head for her to continue instead. "He keeps trying to get me to be his girlfriend. He also says that one day you will leave me for somebody else and break my heart. Would you... would you, you know. Do that?"

I gave a small frown. "Calypso. Gods, Calypso. I would never leave you for somebody else. I would never break your heart. I would only do so if you wanted to. Calypso I love you so much. So, so much. No girl will ever steal my heart the way you stole mine." I finished my speech and pecked the to[ of her forehead. Calypso grinned.

"You are very cheesy, Valdez," she smirked with a small giggle. I smiled.

"I try Callie." We sat in a comfortable silence before we were interrupted by foot steps. I turned around and saw the one and only Gian making his way toward us with a players smile. I glowered as he approached.

"Hello, beautiful. Did you fall from Heaven? 'Cause you have the face of an angel," he said deepening his voice to fit the cheesy, cliche pick up line.

This was new to Calypso. She had never seen this type of flirting. "No. I did not fall from heaven," Calypso said confused. Gian frowned at the response and I chuckled. Gian quickly grabbed Calypso's hand and helped her stand up. I was up within seconds by her side. Then, Gian grabbed Calypso's face and smashed her lips onto his. I gaped. Calypso began to flail slightly. She kicked and punched Gian and I tried to help, but Gian held his grip. Gian readjusted his head to kiss my girlfriend better and Calypso squirmed under Gian as he pressed his lips to her more and more. I saw him pull away for a moment to take a breath before forcefully placing his lips to Calypso's. His tongue slid out of his mouth and ran over Calypso's lips. Okay, that's enough.

I quickly let my hands ignite with a flame. The orange, red, and yellow danced across my fingers like ballerinas. I smiled as I felt the familiar warm rush. I went behind Gian who was still attempting to make out with Calypso and let the warm flame come close to lighting Gian's jersey. He stiffened at the feeling. I felt the flames begin to ignite in my hair as I got angrier. I gently touched the flame to Gian's shirt, still not doing any damage. Then, Gian whirled on me. I smiled as I felt the fire roaring all across me. Gian stumbled back and Calypso didn't bother to catch him, so he fell on his butt. I looked at my nails bored. Then I looked Gian directly in the eye. He was clearly frightened.

"Don't touch Calypso again," I growled before pushing him into the lake, extinguishing the flames before they could cause any damage. I 'turned off' the flame before wrapping my arms around Calypso's waist. I watched Gian flounder a bit before he got up on the dock and ran away. "You okay, Sunshine?" Calypso smiled.

"Yes I am, Valdez."

I kissed her nose. "Good."

"Well, there is still a disgusting taste in my mouth," Calypso admitted. I laughed and dragged her to the kitchen to get her water. This is the last time Gian will mess with me.