18: Gian gets beat up by a girl

Author's Note: Heyo! Okay, so maybe there will be a little more that two more chapters because I just got another request. I'm thinking this chapter, plus two more. Not doing any more requests because I need this to come to an end. Sorry! Anyways, R&R and ENJOY!

Rachel's POV

When I heard that the mortals were coming to camp, I went home to my dad for the first time since Percy disappeared. I was not going to live at camp with a bunch of idiot mortals. Annabeth had promised to call me on the last day with the mortals so I could go to my real home in my cave. My dad and I really hadn't gotten to bond together over the past four weeks. He was always at work or at work. So basically I did a lot of art stuff and worked on my protest to save the pangolin. (It's an animal. Can't really explain how it looks, but you can search it in google) It's not the prettiest animal, but it deserves to be saved. Most people only care about the cute, fuzzy, or popular animals such as the panda and the black rhino. The only time that I got to talk to my dad was when he talked about sending me to Clarion Ladies Academy again. I might have yelled at him, possibly. That pretty much ended any chance f me bonding with my dad or going to Goode again. Oops.

Anyways, I was drawing posters for my protest when my phone rang. Please be Annabeth. What? I was done with my dad. Yes! I looked at the number that I recognized as Annabeth's. "Hello?" I said.

"Rachel!" Annabeth exclaimed on the other line. "The mortals leave tomorrow. I'm sending Nico over to shadow travel you to your cave."

"Thank you. I'll see you in a few," I said concluding the call. It was short, but I didn't want to attract monsters. I grabbed an extra pair of clothes, pulled on jeans and a white tee shirt that I had doodled all over, and a pair of sneakers. I didn't bother to brush my frizzy hair. Instead I pulled it into a pony tail that somewhat concealed the mess. Nico showed up right when I put my phone into my pocket, not that I would need it. "I'm leaving, Dad!" I yelled downstairs. I didn't hear a reply, but I could care less.

"Ready?" Nico asked anxious to get back to camp.

"Yup," I said grabbing Nico's hand. Then, we disappeared into the shadows. I hadn't shadow traveled in a long time, so I was a little nauseous. The darkness seemed to laugh as we sped across the country. When we arrived, Nico looked a bit dizzy, and I handed him some ambrosia. He gladly took it. I thanked him and he raced out of my cave leaving the purple curtain swaying. I sighed and glanced around my comfy cave. I took a seat on the dark green plush chair and closed my eyes for what was supposed to be a quick second. But I ended up falling fast asleep.

Gian's POV

Okay, so I've learned not to mess with the girls who have boyfriends, don't offend anyone's family if they died, and don't mess with the demigods in general. I also learned that demigod threats are never empty. My buddy Mitchel and I were walking around ignoring the dirty looks that were being sent our way. We went up a hill and sat on a rock a little ways away from the mysterious cave. "Wonder what's in there," I said to Mitchel. He glanced up the hill.

"Rumor is that there id some weird mortal who lives up there. She's like possessed or something." Mitchel shrugged. Okay, so I probably shouldn't have been, but I was really curious to see what was up there. I love creepy stuff. And what's creepier than a cave that has a possessed body in it?

"Want to see what's in there?" I asked Mitchel.

"I'll pass," he said. "Don't really want to get into any more trouble than I already have the past four weeks." Wuss.

"Your loss," I muttered and began hiking up the hill ignoring Mitchel's warnings. It can't be that bad, can it?

I go to the entrance of the cave and was not expecting to see a thick purple curtain as the only door like thing. I was beginning to feel jittery. Please, Gian. You've faced worse. I carefully and quietly pulled back the curtain. The inside was not at all what I was expecting. Incredible paintings covered the stone walls and an art studio was set in the back corner. A cozy light emitted from a chandelier on the ceiling. One wall was stacked with book shelves that were filled with books and pictures of kids from camp. A lot were of those Percy and Annabeth people. In the middle of the room was a sitting area with a colorful carpet and multiple different colored chairs. A coffee table was in the middle and it was covered in papers and drawings. I was walking around when I came across a green chair that was occupied by a sleeping girl. I stifled a scream.

The girl slept peacefully curled up. She had bright red fiery hair pulled into a pony tail. Freckles dotted her nicely tanned skin. I guessed that her eyes were a green color. She had on a white tee shirt that had doodles covering it. One the bottom of the shirt were the letters, R.E.D. She had on plain jeans and running sneakers. Surprisingly, I thought she was kinda cute. I stood there watching over her sleep. I know, it's kind of creepy, but what would you do? Leave? Psh.

Suddenly, the girl shifted and her eyes scrunched shut as if she were trying to hold onto the last bits of a dream before she awoke. I gasped a little and hid behind a chair when she began to open her eyes. Ha! I was right! They were green. The girl checked a watch on her wrist that I hadn't seen before and cursed before getting up. She walked over to the art desk and sketched a quick drawing. "I've got to tell Chiron," she muttered under her breath. She began to march out of the room but slowly turned back. I curse. She must have seen me. Slowly, the girl turned around and her unnerving eyes landed on me. "What are you DOING IN HERE!" The girl screeched.

"Uhhhh," was my intelligent answer.

"GET OUT!" She yelled.

"Aw, Babe," I found my flirtatious voice again. "You don't want me to leave do you?" I gave her a winning smile. I approached her and the girl's eyes blazed in a green fire. I placed my fingers gently on her face. She pulled away and screamed, "APOLLO!" I wanted to kiss her so bad, but before I could, a blinding light filled the room. A handsome god appeared. He had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"What is it Rachel?" he asked concerned.

"This mortal was in my cave," she said giving me a pointed glare.

"You're Gian right?" the god asked. I nodded. "You've been causing a lot of trouble lately. I would have expected that you learned your lesson by now." I gulped. "Why were you flirting with my Oracle?"

"Um. What's an Oracle?" I asked avoiding the previous question.

"I can read the future," Rachel declared. "My body hosts the Spirit of the Oracle of Delphi. I am an eternal maiden. I hate boys. Now get the Hades out!" She yelled. I nodded and was going to leave when Apollo caught my arm.

"Wait," he said. I looked up. "Rachel?" Apollo asked. She grinned evilly. I got jittery. She approached and painfully punched me in the nose, the stomach, and kneed me in the spot where the sun does not shine. "Ooh! I should do some haikus!" Rachel groaned.

"Gian is so bad"

"He got beat up by a girl"

"I am so awesome." I raised an eyebrow.

"You got the number of syllables right this time," Rachel admitted. "Now, both of you, GET OUT!"

"Yes ma'am," Apollo said dutifully and dragged me out of the cave. "Don't mess with my Oracle or I will make sure you have a very dark future." I nodded. Then, I ran to the Ares cabin. Mybe I would just hide here for the rest of the day.