9. What are we?

EDITED

A/N:- I died a little from laughing too hard while I was naming this chapter lmaooo

Chapter nine:- 

"Nothing, Alpha."

Christian was getting frustrated. Never in his life has he not gotten information about anything. And now, the dead rogue, Jimmy Stone, had appeared out of nowhere and died within his land. He had to get to the bottom of this and find out what all of this was about.

"There can't be 'nothing'. Dig deeper, Alec. We can't just let this go; this can be something seriously dangerous for all we know," Christian said leaning back in his chair behind the mahogany desk in his study.

"Yes, Alpha," Alec said.

"Get more trackers gathered. I'll go with them the first thing tomorrow too. You'll be in charge until I get back."

Alec nodded his head and took his leave.

Christian looked at the paperwork in front of him for a little while longer and seeing how it had almost next to zero information, put it back in the file and got up and left the place as he fixed his tie.

*

Tiara was doing her usual work of checking the emails and tallying up the finances when there was a knock on the door. Distracted with all the paperwork scattered on her desk and the emails, she asked whoever it was to enter without sparing a glance towards the door.

When she didn't hear the person say anything, she sighed, "Yes?" while still busily calculating the numbers.

"I was expecting a little more than 'Yes' from you actually."

Her head snapped up and her eyes widened and a grin spread across her face. Dropping her pen on the table, she spoke, "Christian, hi! I didn't know you were going to come."

"I came here to see Taylor," he shrugged his shoulder with a small amused smirk plastered on his face as well.

"And not me? I'm jealous of Taylor now," she teased.

Christian chuckled, "Don't be. Even if I wasn't straight, I wouldn't go for Taylor."

Looking at Christian shudder, Tiara laughed. "I guess I'll have to keep that little secret only between the two of us."

"So how have you been?"

"We just met last night! What could possible go wrong with me in one night?" She asked bemused.

"Really? It feels like it's been much longer."

Tiara smiled but didn't say anything. "Are you free this Sunday?"

"Why?" Tiara asked raising her eyebrow.

"That call you were supposed to make to Kristen never reached her and she is kind of mad at you."

"Shit, I forgot!" Tiara said, suddenly feeling guilty.

Christian let out a small laugh. "So will you be there this Sunday?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Good then," Christian said. "You know you never asked me to sit down."

"Sorry! Please sit down!" Tiara said, her face burning red with embarrassment.

Christian walked towards her and Tiara didn't dare stand up. She knew what a skilled man he was; he could make her go weak in the knees by just looking at her. So she stayed rooted to her chair.