25. I'd take a bullet for you

EDITED

Chapter twenty-five:

Tiara parked her car a little farther away from the Packhouse to buy herself some more time to gather her thoughts and compose herself. Her leg bounced up and down as her nerves were getting to her. All the guilt of the week had caught up on her and she wanted to crawl back to her bed and just sleep and hopefully when she woke up, it would all be okay again.

But it wouldn't happen that way and she couldn't do that.

She was grateful that Luke didn't come down to her workplace today because of his work. It felt like the stars were on her side and telling her to go and confess to Christian about it. But as serious as that sounded, it was a pretty ironical thing because Tiara never believed in destiny and all such stuff—until her Mate, that is.

After sitting there for more than ten minutes, she slowly unstrapped her seatbelt and got out and took small steps towards the Packhouse. She forced herself to not run back to her car and drive out of this place like bats out of hell. She had made up her mind and she would act upon it.

As she got closer, the chattering of the house got louder and the warmth of the environment immediately enveloped her. She awkwardly smiled back at all the people who spotted her and smiled at her. When she finally got into the huge living room of the house, she stood there in the middle, not finding any familiar faces. She pulled out her phone and dialled the number and put it to her ear.

"Hey, where are you?" She said when Christian picked her call after a few rings.

"In my study."

"Are you busy?" She nervously asked as she fumbled with the button of her blouse.

"No. Why?"

"I'm actually in the Packhouse. Can I come to your study?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Okay," she said, hanging up.

Taking a deep breath, she put her phone back and prepared herself for what was to come.

She lightly knocked on the door, feeling that somehow, she had lost the privilege of walking into his room without knocking.

The door immediately flew open. "Hi," Christian greeted her at the door. And if she didn't know any better, she'd say that he was just as nervous as her.

"Hey," she said, a smile finding its way on her lips. No matter how much upset she was, one look at this man and she'd forget everything else as she would be reminded that her world had begun to revolve around him recently. And no ex could shake off that fact.

Looking at her smile up at him like that, Christian's jitters were thrown out of the window as a grin formed on his face. "Hey," he said and moved aside. "Come in."

"Are you sure you aren't busy?" She asked worriedly as she looked at the load of papers on his table. "I can come back later if you want me to."

"No, it's okay. Sit," he said pointing at the compact leather couch in the corner.

She dutifully obeyed and he stood in front of her, assessing her.

"Sit?" She asked, patting the place beside her and he happily obliged.

She pushed her hand down on her knee to stop her bouncing leg as she concentrated on the bookshelf in front of her.

After what seemed like ages to her, Christian broke the silence. "You know that I'm sorry, right?"