11. The Weekend

iEDITED 

Chapter eleven:-

Christian, I need to talk to you. Get here as soon as possible, Christian's father, Mason King mind-linked his son.

Worried over what the urgent news could be, Christian hurried along to his parents' house.

"What is this I hear, Christian?" Mason asked calmly, but Christian knew better; his father was furious.

"What are you talking about?" Christian asked carefully.

"I'm talking about you being so violent and careless, and not to forget irresponsible!" Mason's loud voice made Linda come running to the living room from the kitchen.

"I still don't know what you're talking about, dad," Christian said confused.

"Your conduct in the cells with that rogue was unacceptable. Son, you can't be so aggressive while handling them," Mason said as he took a seat on the couch, still worried about his eldest son and his blazing temper.

"Mason, calm down, please," Linda said as she walked over to Mason and rubbed his shoulders to try and soothe him.

"Now, explain yourself," Mason said, sounding relatively calmer.

"Dad, he was being disrespectful. He asked for it! How else do you think I could made him start talking?!" Christian defended himself.

"You could've made him spill the beans by not torturing him into suicide! You can't just go around burning the Wolves with silver, you have got to be more mature than that," Mason explained.

"Dad, I think he would've killed himself no matter what. People like him value their loyalty to their psychotic schemes more than their own lives. I couldn't have stopped him anyway," Christian told him.

"But we got nothing out of catching that rogue!"

"We got a little information. A pretty big one, I'm guessing. Jimmy Stone knew this Michael. And it's not just some normal thing where a rogue died because of some brawl. He implied that there were more of them—a whole clan of rogues."

"I didn't get that news," Mason said after a long moment of silence.

"Yeah," Christian said as he too was deep in thought about this whole new news. This is way deeper and complicated than he first assumed.

"Did he say anything about their whereabouts or what they're planning to do next? Are they planning any attacks?"

"I don't know, dad. He killed himself before we got that out of him. But I'm guessing they will. Rogues are pretty unpredictable. But one thing they always do is go in search of fights, and when they don't get it, they start one. These rogues wouldn't have come here for nothing," Christian voiced his thoughts.

"We need to discuss this immediately," Mason said getting up from his seat.

"Yes, I have already called for a meeting. Everybody is on their way," Christian informed his father.

"Okay, let's go to the Packhouse then."

Linda watched her husband and son leave silently. When she knew they were gone a little far from their home, she mind linked her son.

Making an excuse, Christian jogged back to the house. "You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes. Christian, this isn't about Tiara, right? You didn't torture that rogue as a way to take out your frustrations about what happened yesterday, did you?" Linda asked. She knew it was a bad time but she was worried and she had to make sure.