27. The final kiss goodbye

EDITED

Chapter twenty-seven:

A loud knock on the door and continuous bell ringing made Catherine get up from her bed, where she had been watching Pirates of the Caribbean, to begrudgingly go attend the door. (A/N: Gotta love Johnny Depp! <3)

"What are you doing here?!" The blonde incredulously asked.

"Is she alright?" Christian asked, only half paying attention to her as all he wanted to do was go find his Mate.

Catherine internally panicked for a bit. Tiara had made it subtle but clear that she was not ready to see anyone and Catherine had unknowingly but surely called Christian. "Yes. She's sleeping. Come back tomorrow."

"But you just called me and told me that she was hurt. I have to see her," he firmly said.

"You'll see her later. She's sleeping right now. You should go back home and rest too," Catherine said trying to send him away.

"What are you talking about? You were the one who called me up and lectured me about being a good boyfriend. And I'm seriously worried right now. I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I see for myself that Tiara's okay," Christian said.

"Look, I'm going to be honest with you. She doesn't want to see you or anybody else for that matter. She's been through a lot. Let the girl rest for some time. I'll try talking to her about it tomorrow and tell you about it. For now, let her be," Catherine explained herself.

"I know you're worried about her and I admire that you care so much about your friend. But understand that I'm her boyfriend and I care about her too," Christian said, starting to feel agitated at the tenacious female standing in front of him. "I won't disturb her. Let me just go see if she's really alright."

"I'm telling you she's alright."

"Please move." Christian had had enough of her as he pushed her aside by her shoulder as gently as he could and walked past her.

"Hey!" She protested behind him but he paid her no mind and walked up to the all too familiar door. His heart was pounding against his chest even though Catherine had told him that she was alright. He couldn't help it—he was tensed by his mind conjuring up the worst scenarios.

Before Catherine could stop him, his hand had grabbed the knob and he walked in and let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding in to see his Mate peacefully sleeping on her bed. She looked so lively bathed in the dim lights of the hallway flooding into her room. Her body on the soft bed was a welcoming sight to him that almost felt like it was tantalizingly calling him to join her in the bed.

Forgetting about everything that had happened, he walked to her bed with a soft smile gracing his lips. Catherine saw from the door him walk to her and deciding that there was nothing more she could do to dodge this situation, she left him and went to her room adjacent to Tiara's.

Linda had told Christian about Tiara's visit but even then, Christian had been too mad to call her back but now that she was in front of him, he couldn't even remember why or how he had managed to stay mad at her. He could see how foolishly he had overreacted and said all those horrible things to her. But that didn't make him any less angry at her and her ex.

Sitting down beside her, he looked at how innocent she looked sleeping. He always had found it endearing how she slept on her stomach with both her hands tucked under her pillow and one​ of her cheek pushed into the pillow. His hand went to slowly rest on her other cheek facing towards him and brushed it back and forth, relishing in the feel of her warmth and the blood rushing under her skin.