20. Presenting to you, my Luna

EDITED

Chapter twenty:-

As asked by Zoimanika, Christian had made sure that Tiara had come to the Packhouse on Sunday. She was a little taken aback by his persuasive nature but gave in nonetheless. Amanda, too, crossed the Packland with Veronica. Though both of the women were reluctant, they obliged anyway.

The ceremony was the talk of the town and the arrangements were taking place in full swing. Honestly, Christian thought they were blowing it out of proportion by how they all were reacting. Maybe his reaction too would have been like theirs if it was his actual Mate instead of Veronica, but for now, he could only hope that his trust in Zoimanika wasn't wrongly placed.

His father seemed to be over the moon about today. (Sorry for the pun, lol) Nothing seemed to be changing his mind. He was adamant about human not being able to lead a Pack even when Linda tried to convince him. He was brought up in a household that looked down upon humans and it would take a while longer for his father to warm up to the idea of humans. But he feared it would be too late by then.

The ceremony was being held in the vast backyard of the Packhouse, which looked very much like a huge field, as he anxiously waited for Zoimanika. How was she even going to come anyway? Mason and the other orthodox Wolves wouldn't ever let her enter even though she had put her life on the line for them earlier. He caught a sniff of her in the air and frantically looked around to find her. On seeing her, he went towards her and saw his mother with her.

"How did you manage to come? I hope it wasn't too much trouble getting past the Wolves," Christian worriedly said, his voice laced with gratitude.

"I had informed your mother earlier of my arrival. She escorted me," Zoimanika coolly informed him. "Now have you got everything prepared like I had asked you to?"

"Yes," he nodded his head.

"Now, when time comes go on that podium and don't let anyone else be on there," she commanded as she straightened herself to stand straighter and taller.

Christian went inside the house and saw Nina with Tiara. Upon hearing of the ceremony that was taking place, she extended her stay in her childhood Pack. Her Mate, Brad couldn't come as there was a minor inconvenience in the Pack but major enough to keep him inside his boundaries. "Nina, get Tiara and Amanda on the podium when I tell you to, okay?"

Nina arched her brow. "Why?"

"Just, please, do it. I'll explain it to you later," he asked of her. "Where are Amanda and Veronica?"

"They're in Veronica's room," Nina told him as Tiara looked at the siblings in confusion.

"What's going on?" Tiara asked.

"You'll find out soon enough. Just do as I ask you to, okay?" He asked wrapping his arms around her and planted a kiss on her forehead. He felt her stiffen in his arms but he decided that now wasn't the time to fret about it. If today went alright like he wanted to, he would get a lifetime to fuss over her and make it up to her.

"Nina, make sure that you get both Amanda and Tiara on the podium when I ask you."

Nina nodded her head and he went outside when he heard his father calling him. He had never felt this much amount of anger towards his father before, but today he couldn't help himself. His father was about to wreck his life and had the nerve to claim it was for his good.

"The ceremony is going to start in sometime. We have to start our prayers now," Mason informed him. "Someone go get Veronica—Linda, please go get Veronica; we have to start now."