Love will remember ✏ | Hoseok

Angst | Fluff | Comedy

Text | Scenario | One-shot

You said you loved me, I said I loved you back, what happened to that? 

You looked up at Hoseok with a smile on your face. Wrapping your arms around his neck and pulled his face closer to yours. 

"I love you more than you'll ever know," he whispered, wrapping his arms around your waist. 

"Nado," you closed your eyes, resting your head on his shoulder. 

  All your promises, and all them plans we had, what happened to that?  

You got dressed earlier than expected. Well, you couldn't help yourself. Hoseok was bringing you on a date after a month. Lately, Hoseok has been super busy with work, he barely got time to see you. All you could do was deal with it. You knew Hoseok didn't like being disturbed when he came back from work. Besides, you didn't want to add more stress to Hoseok. 

Hoseok told you to meet at the old playground, where the both of you first met. You were so excited that you decided to leave earlier and wait for him. 

30 minutes. 

1 hour. 

2 hours. 

3 hours. 

He was still not here. 

Maybe he wasn't coming? 

No. He have to. He didn't even text you. 

Maybe... he got held back for a few hours, but that won't stop you from waiting from him. 

5 hours and he still wasn't there. 

You went home. 

  We used to be inseparable. I used to think that I was irreplaceable.  

Working for 20 hours straight wasn't easy but because of that, the both of you got distant. 

"It's not working," you said, tears in your eyes. 

"What do you mean?" asked Hoseok, faking a laugh. 

"Us. What happened to us?"

Even if we tried to forget, love will remember   

"Nothing?" lied Hoseok. 

Of course he noticed. 

Whenever he came back home, you were already asleep, pretending that the pillow was him. 

He noticed how you didn't smile like you did last time. How your laughter was different when you were with him. Your eyes used to crinkle whenever he told a joke but this time, it was just plain. There was no love anymore. 

"That is a lie," you stated. "Don't you think it would be better if we just..."

You couldn't finish the sentence. The both of you never thought of this. You were all happy. 

Silence engulfed the room. 

"Break up," Hoseok murmured. 

You nodded, tears trailing down your cheeks at a rapid pace. 

"I will leave first thing tomorrow morning." said Hoseok, sobbing. "Before you will wake up, you won't even notice."