Chapter 41. Early.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ALL YOUR OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT YOU THINK :) 

Harper Allison Uley was born that night, weighing a tiny 3 and a half pounds. No one was able to hold her yet. She was cooped up in this big NICU with tubes coming out of her left, right and center. But she was still one of the most precious things I've ever laid my eyes on. Born 8 weeks too early, she was definitely a fighter.

When we got to the hospital the doctors told us Emily had a placental abruption and they wanted to rush her straight in for an emergency c-section. Sam stayed by her side throughout the whole thing. Emily was exhausted and fighting off sleep but she couldn't stop staring at her baby girl. I can't blame her, child birth was tiring, and that doesn't even take into account everything that could go wrong.

Sam was sitting in the chair besides the bed with his hand pressed against the NICU and surprising everyone was Leah. She was the first one in the room when we were told we could visit and she climbed straight into bed with Emily, cuddling up to her and comforting her. 

Leah is a good person, I never doubted she had it in her but I never thought I'd live to see the day. I stood back and just enjoyed the beautiful moment. Nothing else existed in that moment. Two cousins who haven't spoken in years. It's unfortunate that a situation like this had to happen for them to reconcile but I'm happy for them.   

I feel so guilty that this has happened to them. If it weren't for me then maybe Emily could have carried her baby to full term. Maybe if I wasn't causing so much stress on everyone then it would have turned out differently. I've put my family and their families at risk and I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive myself for that. 

"Oli" Sam pulled me from my thoughts "It isn't your fault. I can see the gears in your head turning and I can see you blaming yourself. It is not your fault"

"Don't worry about what's going on in my head. You have a beautiful little girl to worry about now" I climbed onto Sam's lap and cuddled into him "I'm proud of you"

"She's a fighter" He couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"She's a Uley" Jacob piped up. I held out my hand and linked my fingers with Jacob's. This would be us soon, a few more months and it will be us with our little baby. Holding our baby and loving her with every ounce of us.

"Perfect" I whispered. 

We all stayed for a few more hours but then we had to leave because visiting hours were over, but we also wanted to give Sam and Emily some space to bond and adjust. We said our tired goodbyes to Sam, Emily and little Harper and made our way back home.

"She was so beautiful" Even though we were exhausted Rachel, Kim, Leah and I couldn't sleep. We were huddled under some blankets with some hot chocolates gushing about how amazing Harper is "I can't wait until she get's to come home and we can give her cuddles" Rachel said before sipping her drink.

"It will be a few weeks until they will release her. Hopefully nothing happens while they are gone. The less stress at the moment the better" Leah picked at some loose string on her blanket.

"This house will be full of babies soon"

"Are you trying to tell us that you're pregnant Kim?" I shouted. Was she? Is that what she was hinting?

"No, in the future I'd love to but not any time soon. I'm no where near ready for that"

"It's amazing" I drew comforting circles on my stomach "I couldn't imagine life without Mason and now with another one on the way... I couldn't be happier. She is just going to make everything better" 

"All we need now is for the stupid bloodsuckers to go back to whatever hole they crawled out of. Why would they want an army of wolves that would take years to grow? Why now? Why not wait until they're older and get them then?" Everyone became uncomfortable at Leah's words. It disturbed us all to think that they wanted to take innocent babies and turn them into weapons. 

"They probably want to make sure they are loyal to only them and will fight for them without resistance" I scooted closer to Leah and linked our arms together "No matter what we are in this together" The Volturi don't want the other imprints, they just want me and Leah because our babies would be one hundred percent wolf. 

"No one is touching my god-babies. I'll kill them before they get close" Leah half growled. 

"I won't give them what they want. I'd rather die... I just can't imagine what would happen if they got Mason or my little girl...." Leah adjusted herself and laid her head on my shoulder. I felt her suppress a big yawn and felt my own coming on. She had started a chain reaction and everyone started yawning "I think it might be time for me to put this little girl to bed" 

"Agreed" All the girls said farewell to each other and we parted ways. I climbed up the stairs on my hands and feet, too exhausted to properly walk. I crawled down the hallway and quietly snuck into my room that I share with Jacob. He was spread out on the bed with only a sheet covering him. He looked so relaxed and peaceful. 

He had started getting a bit of stubble now that he was working himself too hard. This was probably the best sleep he's had in weeks. I crawled into the bed, trying not to wake him. 

"You took your time" Jake shuffled across the bed and locked his arms around me "Too much girly gossip for one night"

"You better not have been listening" I leaned up and lightly kissed his cheek.

"You girls talk too loudly" He squeezed me tighter and let out a deep breath "You know I won't let anyone take you" 

"I know"

"I don't like hearing you talk about what will happen if you get taken. Because you never will, I won't let you. I would die before I even let them breathe in the same direction as our babies" 

"I know Jacob" 

"I love you Liv. Too much to even put into words" Jake stared right into my eyes, no, into my soul. I stared right back and couldn't help the overwhelming feeling of love when I looked into his eyes.

"I Love you too" I pressed my lips hard against his, the urgency behind my kiss was obvious and Jake quickly kissed me back. I pushed against him, rolling us so I straddled his lap and deepened our kiss. 

Jacob moved his hands to rest on my hips and he squeezed them gently before breaking our kiss. But I wasn't finished, I need him. 

"You've had a change of heart about being heard then" I trailed my kisses across his jawline.

"I can stop if you'd like" I sighed planting my lips back on his, pulling away shortly after with his bottom lip between my teeth.

"No way" His arms moved to my back and he quickly rolled us again so he wad hovering over me. "You are so perfect"

"Shut up and kiss me Mr Black" 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THANK YOU FOR READING AND STICKING WITH ME!!