{5}✔

Hello my loves! I just got out from school. Oy! The 5th grade was so stressful. Middle school next year. (6th-8th grade)

Pray for me.

Well I'm on summer break, so I will be able to update more often now.

GiantNerdyPanda Told me to enter "The Alpha's Mate" into the Wattys. I did it. Was that a good choice?

Well...onto chapter 5!

______________________________________

Roman's POV

She lay in my arms peacefully sleeping. I stroked her hair quietly as she stirred briefly in her sleep.

Lately, she has been having nightmares. She won't talk to me about it. Every night she would wake up, screaming and crying.

She would have the worst panic attacks ever.

"No. Please go away. Don't take me away from him. Stop it. Stop it!" Riley yelled. She jolted up screaming those words over again.

"Riley please, baby please talk to me. It's not real. Say it with me okay?It's not real."

Riley hugged her knees up to her chest and started rocking back and forth. "It's not real. It's not real. It's not real. He's not coming. He won't. I'm safe. It's okay because it's not real. It's not."

I placed my hands on her shoulders and brought her closer to me. I placed her on my lap and rocked her back and forth quietly. "Sleep baby. Just sleep." I whispered.

She muttered "okay" before settling sown to try to go into a peaceful sleep once again.

I lay her down and covered her with the blankets. Her hair covered part of her face as her breathing became steady again.

I sighed as I picked up my phone and texted Asher.

Me: You need to come over.

Asher: Why?

Me: We have a situation.

Asher: I'm on my way.

I set the phone down on the nightstand and ran a hand through my hair. I glanced at Riley again before planting a soft kiss on her cheek.

"I'll be back princess." I said before opening the door to our room and going downstairs to wait for Asher.

~*~

"What's up?" Asher asked. He sat down next to me with a bottle of Coca-Cola in his hand. He took a sip before turning his attention back to me.

"I don't know. That's why I called you." I said punching his arm playfully.

"Well I don't know! I wasn't here when she had that panic attack!"

"Shh. I want her to sleep." I shushed him.

"Sorry man. Just, tell me what's going on."

I started telling him about what happened when we came home a couple nights ago. I told Asher about how she has been afraid to go out and has Isolated herself in our room. I also told him about how she stopped eating and has had panic attacks. I asked her parents and they said she hasn't had a single one in years.

I told him how I sent Leah to check all of her medical records. Most importantly, her panic attacks.

Asher took another swig of Coke. "You think it had something to do with Brian and Dani?"

"I don't know. Apparently, there was a male there with her. I don't know who it could be."

"Take a guess." A voice said. I could recognize that voice anywhere. I clenched my jaw and my fists.

"Caleb." Asher said.

"Hello there. I see we still haven't figured out that situation about your sister."

"Don't you dare touch her." I said, my anger building up.

Caleb Richman turned to Asher. "She will marry my son soon." He took something from his pocket. "Here. You're both invited."

"Get the fuck out of my house. Now!" I boomed.

"I'll see you there." He said simply before walking out. He peeked his head through the door. "Your sister has a lovely body. Nice curves and she is so petite. My son will decided if she will fit his size."

I immediately jumped Caleb. "If you or your son lay a land on my sister, I will give you an invitation to your funeral."

I got off of him and shoved him out of the door before he could reply. I shut the door and turned around to meet complete emptiness.

A few seconds later, Asher came rushing out from the door that connected to his side of the house. He was sweaty and out of breath. "She's gone. Rebecca's gone."

"Get our best men on it. Let me check on Riley."

Asher nodded and raced out the door.

I rushed upstairs and Riley sat on the bed. She looked at me as soon as I entered the room. "What's wrong?"

"You need to stay at your parents house." I said quickly.

She sat up straighter. "What? Why?"

"I'll tell you on the way. Let's go!"

I grabbed her and threw her over my shoulder. I ran outside and ran to her parents house. I knocked on the door and her parents opened the door.

I told them everything that happened and they let Riley stay over.

I ran back home to meet Asher. He was at the door with two duffle bags. He threw me one and we both ran to the car.

"Let's go." he said as he started the car and we headed to the Vampires home.