{16} ✔

Roman's POV

Pregnant?

Riley slept peacefully while I could not shut my eyes for a second.

Pregnant?

I smiled to myself, thinking of Riley and I having a child. A real family.

But we are too young. I kept saying to myself. I am Alpha, and she is Luna. But we are only 20.*

"What do I do?" I whispered to myself. Riley stirred in her sleep, but I continued to stroke her hair until she settled into her sleep again.

"Hey Ro-!" Asher shouted, opening the door.

Flashing my golden eyes at him, Asher shut his big mouth.

"What is your problem?" I whisper yelled. Asher gave me a smile which I assumed was supposed to be innocent, but he looked like Penny-wise the Clown instead.

"Sorry."

"Let's talk in the other room."

Asher left and headed downstairs, and I tried to lift Riley's head carefully and slip out from under her.

I did it without her waking up and strangling me.

I met Asher downstairs where he sat drinking a cup of milk.

I gave him a powerful bitch slap before sitting down next to him.

"Owie! That hurt!" He cried rubbing his cheek.

"Well that is what you get for barging into my room. Ever heard of privacy?"

"Hmm," Asher hummed pretending to ponder on what I said. "What number is that?"

Smacking his head, I put my head in my hands and thought about becoming a father. "I've got to contact Leah in the morning, and have her check Riley out." I murmured. The thought of having a baby excited me, but thinking about possibly being like my father scared me.

"Didn't really plan on having kids yet, huh?" Asher said seriously. I'm happy that I have a friend like Asher. Someone who can make you laugh, but at the same time, be serious.

"No. Not yet," I said exhaling. "I wanted to wait at least until Riley and I got married. I still haven't planned that yet. And now on top of marriage, we have a baby, and we still haven't figured out if Brian's father is alive, and if he is planning to attack."

Asher listened silently, nodding to everything I said. "Right, you haven't proposed to her yet."

"Yeah, I know. I was going to do it this Saturday, take her on a romantic date down by the meadow, then take her to the cliff at night when the stars are up and propose.

"You can still do all of that. But it won't be just you two. It'll be you three." 

I gave him a look that said to continue, and he did.

"Think of it like this, you're going to have a family soon, right?"

"Right."

"And when you marry Riley, it'll be official."

"And when you marry Rebecca, it'll be official for you two, right?" I smiled. Thinking of my sister marrying my best friend put a smile on my face. They both deserve each other, but thinking of them doing it made me cringe.

Asher's face flushed pink when I mentioned his fiance. "Right."

I chuckled deeply, pushing Asher's head once again.

~*~

Riley's POV

I'm pregnant. This is actually happening.

I don't know whether to smile or cry.

This is too soon. I wanted to wait a while. Maybe a year or two, but not now.

I sighed, trying to get out of bed. I failed and hit my head on the backboard, knocking me unconscious, the vision I saw almost making me die.

_____________________________

Hey I'M BACK. IM NOT DEAD. Promise.

I'm so sorry for the wait, I had writer's block... For like a month, I KNOW I KNOW.

But I mean, ask my friends. I've edited at school, when I had free periods. I really am trying.

Thanks you for making it this far in the book. I'm not sure, but this book might be shorter than The Alpha's Mate.

Maybe cause I'm planning something else.

Maybe.

Aloha for now, and have a good night, morning, whatever.

*- This means that since the beginning of the book, they have aged, and are now 22, not 18.