Chapter 38 "Birthday King"

Today is Leo's birthday and everyone in the house is super busy getting everything together for the big night. Leo didn't want to clean up after the mess, so he decided to throw his party at some private club of his. I'm not sure if it's due to his kindness of these past weeks or the fact that he's my baby's father, but I took it upon myself to buy him a little small ice cream cake. It was all I could afford since I do not want to ask my husband for any money for his own gift. I walk downstairs heading outside the backyard remembering Leo mentioned earlier something about taking a swim. As soon as I spot the pool. My emerald green eyes sees Leo's well built extraordinary body.

He stares out into the baby blue sky with a few purest white clouds moving at a slow pace. Birds are chirping beautifully on this glamorous day. Leo's sun kissed skin is enough to make me envious, but that's not what has me drooling. His muscles are looking extra delicious at this moment. Leo has been hitting the gym he has inside the mansion and lord does it show.

"Leo," I finally manage to say still admiring the out of this world handsome man in front of me. He turns around his eyes locking with mine as a smirk appears on his smooth plump lips.

"Yes babe?"

Butterflies fly all over my stomach. No matter how many times he says the word babe. I just can't seem to get used to it. In matter of fact, I still get pretty nervous around him even though he's my husband.

"I have something to show you."

-
-

Leo and I make our way into our bedroom. I smile excitedly grabbing the pink box on the counter.

"Turn around don't peek yet," I instruct opening the lid of the box pulling the ice cream cake out. The wording, Happy Birthday Leo, are in the middle of the cake. I pull out the small red lighter Luna let me barrow lighting up the candles that are placed around the edges of the cake. To my surprise, Leo is facing the wall waiting patiently for my next instruction.

"Turn around," I giggle. He does as I command scanning at the lit up ice cream cake. Leo stays silent almost like a zombie. He intently stares at the cake then at me every once in awhile. I can tell he looks absolutely baffled by this entire surprise. After a good moment of silence he speaks, "No one has ever done something like this for me before."

"I'm glad I'm the first. Happy birthday Leo," I coyly say. I can see an emotion flicker within his chocolate brown eyes, which he immediately hides by averting his attention away from me. He then steps forward to grab the ice cream cake.

 He then steps forward to grab the ice cream cake

"Make a wish," I cheekily smile. After a minute of him closing his eyes actually making a wish, which had me stunned the entire time, but at the same time I took advantage to admire this beautiful moment. For the first time ever, Leo has the chance to experience what every kid should. Something he's never had before. He blows the candles out, a small smile appearing on his lips.