Chapter 64 "In between"

Madison's pov

"Why can't I move?"

"W-Where am I?"

"Leo?"

"I-I can't breathe."

Immediately, I flutter my eyes open as my body floats above the surface of the water I was currently in

Immediately, I flutter my eyes open as my body floats above the surface of the water I was currently in. I gasp, breathing in the fresh air into my lungs realizing I'm in some type of tub with red flower pedals all over the place. Glancing all over the place I see nothing at all. No one is in sight. This place is pure white, the whiteness is too bright for my comfort. It's also a bit foggy, however, nothing is in sight whatsoever. Which has me cringing to my core.

"Am I the only one here?," I murmur to myself unsure of what I should do next.

"Hello," I shout hoping for some type of answer which I never got in return. Indeed, I am alone in this place whatever this place is. Slowly, I get out of the tub careful not to slip. However, once I place my feet onto the floor, I feel no wetness at all. I crease my brows in confusion. I'm entirely soaked including this white dress that I'm not so sure I even own. My eyes widen suddenly, remembering my swollen stomach that no longer is visible.

"Oh my god! My baby?," I screech in pure panic. And that's when it all hits me like lightning striking a tree. Everything from when I received the unknown text to me being face to face with Rossi in the dark alleyway. The way she looked at me with pure hatred was something I don't think I'll ever forget. My heart falls down to my stomach seeing her aiming her pistol directly at me ready to end my life. Oh how much I scold myself for falling into the trap. I put myself in danger along with my child.

I'm seriously the worst mother in history.

The look on Leo's face as he rushed towards me realizing Rossi was aiming her gun at me is something that shatters my heart making me hate myself more for putting myself in this situation. Why do I keep stressing him like this? He doesn't deserve me as his wife and to be the mother of his child. I can't even keep myself and my baby away from harm. All I had to do was stay in Diaz's house under Luna's supervision, but of course being the idiot I am, I couldn't do that. Stupid of me, for believing the texts.

So stupid.

My knees weaken on me causing me to collapse onto the ground remembering how Rossi shot my leg, Leo's leg, and eventually shot directly at my baby. Rossi had a plan and that plan was not to just kill me, but to kill my child.

Leo's child.

I don't know what kind of monster would have the guts and lack of morality to kill an innocent baby. A baby that has no part in any of this. An innocent angel that doesn't even know how important he is being the heir of the red eagles. Heir of Leo Castillo's legacy. Oh that's right, Rossi does. She's pure evilness. As soon as I saw her aim her gun down directly at my stomach. Without a second thought or hesitation, I turned around protecting my entire universe. I will not let my stupidness of my actions punish an innocent soul. I will protect Leo's Castillo's child at all costs. Even if that causes my life in the process.