Chapter 52 "Castillo Blood"

"When are you coming back to the mansion?," Leo says sitting on the couch. His eyes still glued to mine.

"Why does it matter? Anytime now I'll be going into labor. Like you said before, after I birth our son you're going to kill me," I immensely say still trying to process into my brain that my days on this earth are literally being counted. Leo stays silent averting his focus elsewhere.

"If you didn't steal and betray me. We wouldn't be in this predicament now would we?," he sarcastically responds his gaze on me again.

"I only stole from you to be able to provide for our son and myself until I got a job, which I'm sure I'm fired from again all thanks to you," I mutter.

"You know damn well you didn't like both of those shitty jobs you had," Leo rolls his eyes.

"Not everyone has it made like you. Some of us are born poor left alone in the world to strive. So even if we hate the job. We still need money to support ourselves or els-'

"You had it made with me. I gave you everything and you-"

"You want your child to live this dangerous life full of violence, blood, crime, drugs, and criminals," I hiss letting the truth be known.

"He's my heir."

"I won't allow him to live this life. He's innocent don't curse him with your last name," I grumble.

"Curse? Well news flash Madison, Castillo blood runs through his veins whether you like it or not," Leo abruptly stands up from the couch clenching his fists angrily glaring at me. I'm suddenly lost of words. My mind goes blank not knowing how to reply to his comment that is one hundred percent true no matter how much I want to pretend it's false.

This baby I'm carrying is Leo Castillo's offspring, which legitimately makes him a Castillo. I turn away from Leo, feeling my eyeballs water from the anger I'm currently feeling. I want to throw dishes against the wall right now, but can't because Luna would totally kill me if I ruin her dishes.

"That's why I left. I'm against your lifestyle just everything you stand for Leo. He's my baby too and all I have in this world. He's my everything. I don't want him to be the next you. I want a normal, safe, and healthy life for my son," I breathe. One tear manages to slide down my cheek, which I wipe away quickly. Next thing I knew, Leo was right behind me. His warm muscular chest casually and lightly leaning on my back. His hands on my shoulder gently massaging me.

"This stress must be bad for the baby. I'm fucking up, I'm sorry," Leo murmurs near my ear.

"Don't brush away what I just said Leo. This is why. You wanted to know why I left well now you know," I firmly respond brushing his hands away from me as I turn around facing him. Leo's angry expression from a few minutes ago is now faded into a regretful one as he stares down at me with pained eyes. Something within his chocolate brown eyes is flickering, which I really can't put my finger on.

"You're here to talk, so let's talk," I murmur standing up from the chair now being somewhat at the same level as his. Leo is so much taller than I, but you get the point.

"Deep inside I knew why you left. I-I just couldn't accept it I guess. Don't I have the right to be happy? Why can others be with who they love, but not me? I know I've done horrendous things in my lifetime. Some call me a monster like yourself before, but don't I deserve to have happiness in my dark world?," Leo says turning away from me clenching his fists on his sides.

My heart breaks in half feeling sadness for him. The thought of me calling him a monster or just thinking such a way of him makes me feel suddenly guilty. Leo Castillo is much more than that. However, one thing keeps replaying the most in my mind that has my broken heart thumping rapidly. "Love?"