|Chapter 6|

Revenge is not a noble sentiment, but it is a human one. -Rudy Giuliani

I look around Silver Valley and see the plethora of homecoming posters and hype for the football game tonight

Most of the student body is decked out in spirit wear, but I walk down the halls wearing a mustard-yellow sweater, which is nowhere close to our school colors.

Watching everyone being unified with their blue and white outfits, they radiate...happiness and excitement. Something I could never feel about this place.

Silver Valley is full of the worst people I know; the only exception to that being Marie, who hates me right now. The days after our fight were normal, but her words kept nagging at me.

They look at Avia Huxley with fear.

Marie gave me sound advice, and being the level-headed person I am, I decide to test out her claims. Though, I doubt people look at me with fear or intimidation.

That would be crazy...right?

As I strut down the hallway confidently, I push my black sunglasses over my eyes to hide the fact that I'm watching them as much as they're watching me.

Something about people knowing that I pay attention to them makes me feel...weak.

I know this is going to sound so terrible, but my role here is to be gazed at by others, not the other way around. After all, I am basically an Elite to them.

Now that I'm actually realizing how pathetic I sound, maybe Marie was right about me.

Looking to my left, I see a young teen, possibly a freshman, gape at me and whisper to her friend beside her. I hate that I have no idea what she thinks of me.

To my right, I see the JV football team huddled together in unity, and every one of their heads turns when I walk by.

Stopping to check my phone just to see if they keep their stare, I push up my sunglasses and find one of the football players start to walk towards me.

His friends look on with a cocky grin, and I wait to see what he has in store for me.

"Hey, you're Avia, right?" He asks as a courtesy because it's obvious he knows me.

Instead of giving him a glare and ignore him like I normally would, Marie has inspired me to do something completely out of my comfort zone, kindness.

"That's me. What's your name?" I smile down on him, with my boots giving my already tall frame more height over everyone.

The athlete gives me a sheepish expression. "Oh, that doesn't matter. I just wanted to tell you that you look very beautiful today."

A genuine blush creeps up his face, turning much of it beet-red.