|Chapter 16|

A single lie destroys a whole reputation of integrity. -Baltasar Gracian

Angie's Halloween party is in full swing by the time I arrive

Angie's Halloween party is in full swing by the time I arrive. Since I drove Poppy and Cass here, we all stand in the entryway taking in the surroundings.

It's more laidback than the homecoming afterparty, which was focused on dancing and mayhem. There's no DJ, just music playing through a speaker system running the length of the whole ground floor.

This time there's actually snacks because I see chips and dip paired with a fun taco bar. My stomach grumbles, and I make a mental note to visit that later.

"Thanks again for driving us, Avia!" Cass says gratefully.

She and Poppy are dressed up as matching bumblebees. They have bright yellow tutus paired with antenna and a striped tank top. It's fun and cute, just like them.

When I first saw their outfits, I was sad that Cass abandoned her Harry Potter idea simply because of the fact that Lauryn and Angie said it was weird. However, Lauryn and Angie tower over her in regards to popularity, so it's easy to see why Cass backed down.

"No problem! You two have fun," I grin because I know how much they want to get away from me and enjoy this bash.

While walking towards the couches, Poppy turns around. "Love the doctor costume by the way! You look hot!"

I smile, and she disappears into the mass of high school students enjoying themselves. After what Angie said to Marie and me in the bathroom, we concocted a flimsy plan.

However, I needed a costume to go along with it and be able to fit in with the lack of clothing attire Halloween parties imply.

Thus, we decided on a white lab coat equip with pockets and underneath that, not much else. I have on a black bralette with black shorts and wore a stethoscope as a necklace.

While I think of Marie, I try to search for her in the crowd. The rest of Silver Valley High is lounging and gulping down beers, while Marie stands in the corner, sticking out like a sore thumb.

Her hippie costume covers her from head-to-toe, and I laugh at how much confidence she has to wear something so against the norm.

Walking up to her, she begins to scan my body with lust.

"One word: wow," Marie's eyes stay on my tanned skin, and I laugh.

"Speaking of wow, do you have the supplies? We need to get this plan moving fast before Peter gets high as a kite."

She gives me a red Swiss Army Knife and a few small vials that fit in perfectly with my costume. I tuck them both in my lab coat pocket.

That's the extent of our plan. I have no idea where to go from here.

"You know, me saying wow has absolutely nothing to do with the supplies, but I'll forgive you because you look like a very sexy doctor," She retorts.