|Chapter 26|

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. -Sun Tzu

Standing on the plastic throne creates an almost regal feeling inside of me

Standing on the plastic throne creates an almost regal feeling inside of me. Like Lauryn has done many times before, I quiet the cafeteria with a few light claps.

They're surprised that I'm the one presiding over Silver Valley instead of their regular queen. Hopefully, this is the last time such a dramatic spectacle will be made in the rest of this high school's life.

"Hello, Silver Valley High!" I exclaim, not knowing how to start the dangerous road I'm about to pave.

I'm paving the way for the future. A future without an all-encompassing group to suck the life out everyone around them.

This future will be pure.

It will be joyous.

Before Lauryn can interrupt me to take the podium away from me, I lock eyes with Marie. She's looking at me with pride and love.

I can do this.

My courage knows no bounds. My confidence hasn't been hindered before, so it won't now.

"I came to this school for one reason and one reason only: to take down The Elites from the inside," I state, my lungs tightening from the fear inside my chest.

Although I don't look scared, terror is reeking havoc throughout my body. I just hope all I'm about to do will make sure there will never be another Elite group.

The whole room gasps at my bold claim, bringing a rush of heat upto my cheeks.

I gulp, but maintain my calm, powerful exposure.

"What I didn't know when I first came here was that The Elites were not all evil monsters, much to some of your surprise. There is an Elite who is truly kind and respectful." I look at Nick, whose eyes shine with thanks.

"He extended a hand to me when I first came here, always making sure I felt comfortable. We tried dating, but there's a girl here who took my breath away more than anyone else could," I blow a kiss to Marie, and all eyes turn to her.

She shrinks back slightly, but smiles nonetheless.

"There are two amazing girls at this center table, who I know will be lifelong friends. They rely on each other, and I admire each of their loyalty. One is the smartest, nicest girl I've ever met. The other will make a room shake with laughter within five minutes. She will do anything to keep her friends happy," I gaze at Poppy and Cass, who don't look as surprised as I thought at my speech.

I'm sure they knew eventually that I had ulterior motives being an Elite, but chose not to care.

Cass takes Poppy's hand, looking utterly blissful to share a peaceful moment with her best friend.