Chapter 5

REALLY?

New week and new way to start another with Chili Peppers and luckily Deenah already feel better. Even though her back still has a pain, she clearly can move quite well this time. "How's your back?" Zach is picking her up early from her parents' house. "Good. I can walk and sit properly." She smiles and get her bag before enter the bus. Without saying anything Zach take over her bag from her shoulder. "What are you doing?" She complains. "Take your bag."
"I know, what for?"
"Your snack." He giggles, "Just kidding, I'm helping you."
"My back is fine."
"I know, doesn't mean it's safe to put this on your shoulder for now. Trust me this time, okay?"
"Alright."

When entering the bus, both Dyl and Harry turn their eyes quickly to her. "Look at that. Mr and Mrs. Irons right there."
"Oh shut up, both of you." Deenah rolls her eyes and take her seat. "How was your show? I mean when I wasn't around."
"Good." Harry answer her while drinking his coffee. "Christine took care all the things very well."
"Christine? Umm, as long as I know, I told my friend Kayla to handle my job." She's getting confused as they forgot to tell her about Christine. "Ah, Kayla told us on last hour that she had flu so she sent Christine, her friend, to take the job." Zach explains to her. "Okay. So.... She did good?"
"She did great. She did a lot, things that we didn't ask. Like cooking our breakfast. We talked a lot too."
"Alright, good." She looked unimpressed, but keep her straight face to him."So, do I need to cook?" She says, sarcastically. "No, of course not. We already had enough from Harry's house." Zach put her bag and sit beside her. "And, how was your weekend? I mean at your house. Josh was staying right?"
"Yeah, for the rest of the week." She answers with a flat tone. "But we did great. We played Scrabble, which I lose on him. He also sang his b-sides before I sleep. Lot of things." She is forcing her smile, making herself looked suspicious. All of them look at her like they just heard someone else talking from her mouth. Her passive aggressive behavior can be seen by all of them. "Can we talk?" Zach says to her. "Privately?" She aks, knowing what Zach's intention. "Yeah, privately."
"Okay."

They go in front of their cabin and talk there. "What's that Dee?"
"What?"
"The way you talk to us. Like you tried to make a statement or a point out of it."
"Nothing." She smiles with some kind of ignorant attitude. "Dee, I'm serious."
"Me too." Zach takes a deep breath as talking to her, "So you like him that much?" He ask. "No. Not that much. He just friendly which is nice."
"I know, but from your words, doesn't seem like just friendly impression."
"That's it. Just friendly impression. Ah, how about Christine? You like her that much?" She raises her eyebrows. "No, what do you mean by that?"
"Nothing. I just ask you the same way you ask me."
"See that? You're being passive aggressive to me. I'm not stupid Dee." He sighs. "What? I didn't do anything. Also, if I really like Josh that much, I will break my promise by a couple days ago."
"Dee, can we not..." He almost burst, "Please, just stop. Stop being childish. You create a problem that is not even exist."
"Oh great, you're right. I'm childish. So now you know why we broke up?"
"Dee! Stop." Zach has enough on that talk and he really wants to just end it. But for Deenah, she's just getting started. "No, and yes I'm childish enough when I refused Dyl's proposal because of you. Thanks for quoting that, Zach." Now her face is getting red and her eyes are widened. "Dee, that's not what I..." She won't listen to him and go to her cabin, "See you later Zach." Then she slams the door in front of him.

"What's that?" Zach hear someone behind him. He quickly turns his back, "Umm, nothing Harry. It's just..."
"What did she mean by that? Dyl proposed her?" Harry is surprised to know that. "That's nothing, really...."
"When? Why I didn't know this?"
"About a year ago. No one knows that. Just me, Deenah and Dyl. We decided to be cool with that." He explains. "Okay, if you say so.... I'm just...kinda shocked." Then Harry continues, "By the way, what happened with you two?"
"I don't know, I think she's just pissed about Christine. Nothing more. Don't worry, I got this."
"Just... Tell her Zach, even though Christine cooked for us, she's still the one who can handle us better than anyone. That's from all of us."
"Alright. Thanks Harry. I appreciate that. I'll tell her when she's getting out." Harry smiles to him and then leaves him behind.