Chapter 35

Hi! So apparently, this is the last chapter of the story and the whole trilogy. I want to thank you for reading and also the support. Also I'm might not gonna write any story about RHCP for awhile, but when I do, it will be out of the trilogy (This Velvet Glove - Breaking The Girl - Never is A Long Time). I'm gonna start over with another base of story. But in the meantime, I recommend you to read my other stories, there's one about Foo Fighters that you can check out called "Generator". Thank you and see you on the next story! :)

RUN BABY RUN

"This whole situation gave me anxiety. Don't you think?" Clara mark another number on her calendar and goes to sit on couch. "Why you're freaking out?" Flea is tying up Sunny's hair while watching Clara sighs periodically. "She's coming back tonight, dad."
"So?"
"You have no idea about the ring, don't you?"
"I know it. I'm the first person, to be honest."
"And then??? It doesn't freak you out? Oh my..."
"She's gonna choose the best move." He understands how much wait these two had been through. But for him, Deenah is already grown up to be much wiser and he will support both her and Josh, whatever the result. "What if...at the time we pick her up, we can't find the ring on her finger? What should we do?"
"Nothing. Let them alone. Josh knows what he's doing."

°°°°°°

"Yes Zach. It's 8 P.M. if there's no delay. You're gonna pick me up?" Deenah is on the phone with Zach while she's waiting for her plane. "Yeah. Me and Clara." It's kinda disappointed her, she expects Josh to be there so she can tell him everything. But seems like he will not. "Just two of you?"
"Yes, why?"
"Nothing. I just....think if Josh will come or not. I need to clear some things up."
"Oh, okay. I'll try my best to bring him with us." She can hear him sigh. " Oh and you'll work in 2 days. Don't forget. Hahaha." She giggles, she can't wait to being on the road again. "Sure Zach. I know it. Alright, I guess they're calling passengers. I have to go."
"Okay. Safe flight Dee!"

She lift her bag and go to the gate. She can't stop thinking about what she's gonna say to Josh. She is afraid. She looks at the ring once more and put it back to her pocket. "I think I can't..." She's holding her tears, she knows she will hurt both of them. She thought 2 weeks are enough for her to think. But turns out she's not ready for this.

All passengers, for flight TL-559.... we'll take off in 8 minutes...

She tighten up the seat belt and looking through the window. She's gonna back to her usual life very shortly. But it's not before clean everything with Josh, which she worries the most. It's not the way back that bothered her, but her relationship with him afterwards. "A beautiful ring." A man sit beside her. He's possibly on his 60s. "Oh, this? Yeah." She turns to the ring that she's holding on her hand. "From a man?"
"Yes." The man smiles, "I remember my wife holding a ring just like you, said no word right after I proposed her. We caught in silence for 2 hours because she won't say anything about my proposal."
"Then what happened?"
"After 2 hours, she break the silence and smiles. She said that she tried to remember all of our dates in that specific 2 hours. And that 2 hours were the most important thing that ever happened to us."
"Why exactly?"
"I mean, we had weeks, or months before that day. We had a very romantic years. But that 2 hours of thinking, was like a dead penalty. There's no other day after that day. So she said that she needed 2 hours to be sure that she can't live without me." He smiles again, just like he's imagining his wife right now. "Where's she now?"
"She passed away after 9 year of our marriage."
"I.... I'm sorry to hear that."
"No no no, that's okay. It's not like a sad thing or something. I didn't regret a thing that I've been through with her. It might be just 9 years. But I'm glad we did that. Because we lived with a person that we love. You just can't throw those chances away." She tries to smiles to him, he's a very lovely old man. "That's very touching..."
"I hope it is... So, what's you gonna say to that man?"
"Umm.... I don't know...maybe I need my 2 hours?" She looks at the ring once again. "Let's see what these 2 hours told me."

°°°°°°

Both Zach and Clara is sitting next to each other, tapping their feet on the floor. They're dying to see her coming out with a ring on her finger. "She'll be here in 15 minutes or something." Zach says, while looking on his watch. "Yeah but she should be here about 10 minutes ago."
"Maybe just the delay. She'll be here soon." Zach assure her. Clara then turns to him and whispering. "What you think are going to happen?"
"What?"
"Of course the ring."
"We shouldn't talk about it. I think Josh had a panic attack as we speak." He looks at Josh, sitting still, face down. "Josh, you're okay?"
"Umm? Yes. I'm fine Zach." He looked like already giving up. But still managed to smile to them.

"There she is!" Clara almost jump from her seat, and all of them can't take their eyes from Deenah. "Can you see her hands?"
"No, Zach. Her hands are in her pocket. I can't see a thing." Seems like Deenah herself doesn't see them yet so Zach got and idea. "Wait, I'll call her. You, watch on her hand. Both hands."

He dial her number and they see her like feel something in her pocket and turn her back. "Damn it, she turns her back. Maybe she's looking for us."
"Ssssh. Just keep watching. Deenah?"
"Where are you?"
"Umm I got stuck in traffic. Can you wait like for 5 minutes? I almost there."
"Oh, okay. I'll find a place to sit." She put her phone back and that's the moment she turns her back again, now they can see her clearly. "Can you see it?"
"That's it!" Clara spot her hand. She then gasping and close her mouth. "What? What?" Zach quickly grab Clara's arm. "She wears it!" Right after she said that, Josh lift his face, he knows what he just heard. So he turn his face, looking carefully to where she sits. He can see her hand, and there it is. The ring is on her finger. He smiles. "It's there... She wears the ring."

They watch her put headphone on her ears. They didn't tell her that they're already here. "We should be coming to her by now..." Clara wakes him up from his mind. "Better if you're hiding behind us." So they walk carefully, trying to not surprising her.

"Dee. Let's go."
"Alright, wait a second." She doesn't look up at all and about to get her bag but a hand stop her. It's kinda surprised her so she looks up to a face that she didn't expect. "Josh?" She looks to both Zach and Clara. "Zach I thought you said that you'll be with Clara and...."
"I talked to him. Asked him to come by." For a minute, she's in a phase without words. Freezing, speechless. "I see your hand. You wear it." Josh breaks the ice and smiles to her. Giving the warmth that she needs. "I thought you're not gonna do that... For a moment... I'm so afraid." Then he goes hugging her tightly. "Almost..."
"What?"
"You have no idea how 2 hours thinking could change my mind." Without say any words again, Josh lean a kiss to her. Let their lips collide. He thought this day would never see a light, but he was wrong.

Never is indeed a very long time.