Chapter 19

GOODBYE HOORAY

Deenah spent most of her times to talk with Clara lately. She's been busy with her works and also planning her birthday party this week. Clara also had a plan to bring all of her close relatives and friends to come to the celebration in Miami. But what makes Deenah feel the loneliness is because she can't speak with her, only on the phone. Just like knowing that she can die on loneliness, Clara ask her something that probably can light her up.

"How about....helping me about the party? So you can go here, 2 days earlier and you will be safe from your shitty boredom." Like what Clara expected, Deenah really happy about it. Besides the fact she missed Clara, she also had nothing to do lately. Josh is busy and they were not talking that much lately. "Really? Oh my!! I'm glad to! If you say so, I will take a flight tonight and we can have some fun afterwards." She can feel that she wants to jump very bad just to release the energy explosion. "Sure you can. But bring Josh with you."
"Ah... About that.... I'm not sure if he has time tonight. We didn't talk really often this week and he always do something out there." Right after she said that, she can hear an upset tone from Clara's voice. "Come on... It will be different to see you come alone tonight. The band is already here this morning. They need him to be a full team."
"I know... I really want to go with him..but....I can't assure you. I mean, I will try to ask him. If he can go, that will be great. If he can't...well we still have 2 days before your party right? He will definitely come at that day." She knows exactly that she wants Josh to go with her as much as Clara. She missed to spend some times with him and it will be amazing to get on trip tonight with him. "Okay.. I understand. But please tell him that I gave you an order to bring him. Maybe he can understand."
"Alright! I'll try my best. See you soon Clara." Then she hung up the phone just to get thing done before pack her stuff for the flight. She also prepare Josh's stuff, just in case he can make it tonight and they can just go after Josh comes back.

°°°°°°

He doesn't really has some good sleep for 2 days and it starts to drive him insane. So much shows, too much things to do and he knows he's exhausted right now. "Josh, are you sure you're okay? You seems pretty tired." Bob notices how sleepy Josh's face is and he can't really ignore it. "I'm fine Bob. It's just I had much to do before I got here. Let it some hours and I'll be fine." Josh doesn't want to make Bob worry about him, he's a good man and a good friend of him. He cares about his friends and he's happy to be around him quite some times. "Okay, but... If you need some rest or something, tell me anytime. Okay?"
"Sure Bob."

°°°°°°

Deenah is so excited about the plan, she even made a special dinner for Josh and herself. Hoping it will make Josh happier and willing to go. "He should be here in an hour... I can't wait." She giggles and watch the time every 5 minutes. Those bags are ready at the corner of their room and she's holding 2 tickets on her hand. She can't help to imagine the good times they will have there. Seeing Clara and others.

2 hours had passed and Josh is not home yet. Deenah was asleep on the couch, waiting for him for a long time. Just when she's about to entering her deep sleep, someone touch her hair and it makes her almost jumping from her sleep. "Dee? Why you sleep here?" She open her eyes and see Josh already home. "Uh? Josh? Umm... I was waiting for you to have a dinner and...." Then Josh cut her. "Ah.. I'm sorry about it. But I think I'll skip this dinner. I really need a sleep." She can see Josh is not in a good state of mind, so she just smile and nods. "Okay.... Good night Josh." She kisses his cheek and let Josh go straight to the bedroom. There's a sad feeling in her to see the dining room with foods and things but she's the one who eat that. She eat her food, half-hearted, because she lost her appetite. Then she put Josh's food in the fridge, thinking that Josh might need that the next morning.

With a bag on her shoulder, she's about to write a note for Josh when he suddenly comes out from bedroom. Seeing Deenah dressed like she's ready to go, he got confused and walks to her spot. "I thought you already asleep.."
"I was about to.. but then I need some water. Where do you wanna go?" He points out to her bag. "Umm... I already got a flight to Miami. Clara ask for my help."
"Alone?"
"Honestly, I was about to ask you as soon as you got home but... I saw you really tired and I can't cancel the ticket so...." She can see clearly how pissed Josh to hear that. "You can always tell me. What makes you think that I will let you go alone this late?"
"I know... I'm so sorry... I just don't want to disturb you." Josh takes a deep breath, go to the bedroom and ask her from there. "Is this my stuff, besides the table?"
"Uhh... Yes, that's yours." He comes out again, already with a bag on his hand. "Come on. And next time... If you need to talk, just talk. Okay?"
"Okay Josh.."

°°°°°°

As soon as they landed in Miami, Deenah calls Clara to confirm their arrival. They go straight to the hotel where everybody stayed on. "Josh.. Clara said they're at the bar. Wanna join them?"
"I think I will take a sleep immediately." He says, as soon as they step in the loby. "Ah, okay...umm...you mad at me?"
"Kinda. But, nevermind. I'm jut...tired." He can see her, looking down as he says that. "Hey.. Don't mind me, okay? Cheer up." He quickly says, trying to fix his las sentence. She nodds and then following him to their room.

The room is really neat and Josh has to admit that he likes that. Without doing anything else, he just jumps on the bed and lay down. Get his back a little bit relax. But not with Deenah. She looked a little bit off and keeps looking to her phone. "What?" He looks to her, knowing she wants to ask him something but has no guts to say. "Umm, they're waiting for me. I mean, Clara and others."
"If you wanna go, you can go. I'll stay here and get rest."
"So... I can go?"
"Yeah."
"Okay. Thank you so much!" She rushes and kisses him right before she go. "Have a nice rest."

While she's trying to find the bar, she accidentally running into someone familiar. "Paige!" It takes a second for her to instantly recognizes that face and hug her tightly. "I didn't know you'll come. Where's John?"
"Ah, about that... He can't come." Paige see an upset face of Deenah. "Why?"
"He doesn't feel well. I think he got cold or something. I was planning to stay home with him but he told me to go. He wanted me to sent his present for Clara."
"Ah, I see. Too bad." She's frowned but then tries to smile a little bit because she misses Paige. "I'm glad to see you here. Where's Josh? He doesn't come?"
"Umm... He does, he's in our room. Gues he's tired and need some rest.... By the way, everyone is at the bar right now. Wanna go there?"
"Sure! Why not? And, don't forget to sent my hello to Josh when you get back to your room. Okay?"

°°°°°°

One more shot and they know Anthony will be totally drunk. "Come on! Can't you just let me to drink this?"  He keeps shouting and makes everyone turns their eyes on them. "Damn it Tony. You drink too much." Chad take his glass and drink it and Flea look at them, confused. "I'm wondering how the hell she can make Tony crazy like this? I thought it's just a fling."
"Nope. He's getting serious. Let me tell you this.. that reporter woman, is taking his heart after a loooong time playing with some flings." Chad raises his glass and laugh at how drunk Anthony is. "I know. But the last time he told me about this woman, he said they were just having fun. How can you so sure he's serious this time?"
"Dad! Come on, can you just think positively about your best friend?" Clara joins the talk and laugh along with Chad. "I'm sure uncle Tony see her as a special person if she can make him going insane like this."
"Listen to your daughter, Flea. She's right." Chad pokes Flea's shoulder and it makes Clara laugh even more. They've been always her uncles since she was a kid and these guys still got their brotherhood until now. It makes her undoubtedly happy to see them together.

"Now let Tony get some sleep on the table and we can start the game!" Chad shout like it's the good old time. "What game?" Clara hear someone behind her and she quickly turnsnher head. Seeing the person that she had waited all day long. "Deenah!!" She stands up and hug her. "I told you, you can leave your shitty boredom." And then she looks at someone behind Deenah, still a strange face for her. "Hi. I'm.. Paige." Hearing that, she turns to her dad like asking a question. "Dad, is this..."
"She's John's girl. Like I always told you. You two barely meet in person so I guess she's new for you."
"Yeah.." she turns back to Paige, "But I've heard lot about you from my dad and these guys. I always want to see you in person since my dad told me about the great story of yours."
"Thanks a lot. You... Looked like him so much." Paige tries to smile and get used to the circumstances. Since she lived with John, she rarely go out and get socialize. "And... John sent me to say Happy Birthday to you. He got cold and needs some rest. I'm sorry."
"Ah.. that's okay. Hope he's getting better. But as long as you stay here with us, you can spend your time with me and Deenah. Like some girls days out. No need to... You know...feel awkward or something." Clara clearly knows how to approach people and make them comfortable. "Oh by the way Dee, where's Josh?"
"Umm. He's tired and get a rest. He's in our room."
"Oh, too bad. We just want to play some games together." Both Clara and Paige see Deenah's plastered smile as soon as they talk about Josh. Paige becomes the first to take a step. "Dee, you sure you're okay?" She whispered that so the others can't hear that. "I'm fine." Clara somehow knows that she's not okay but decided to change the topic so it will not pulls some attention from the guys. "Oh Dee. Can you and Paige accompany me to buy some stuff tomorrow? We need to do something while my dad and his friends go surfing."
"Sure. It would be great." Deenah just smile to her and then looks down again.

°°°°°°

Though everything seems to be fun, Deenah can't stop checking her phone. Wishing Josh will call her back after she tried to call him for 7 times. "I saw his favorite soup at the stand right there. I want to buy that but I don't know wether he wants to eat or not." She says to Clara and turn her eyes to the food stand for a couple times. "Well, just buy it. If he really likes that soup, I'm sure he will eat that." Paige comes to both Clara and Deenah, with some clothes on her hands. "Oh, and I found this pretty clothes right there. You two might like these." When Clara see the clothes, she's screaming, "Oh my!! This is the clothes!"
"What?" Deenah seems confused and just staring at Clara, amazed. "This clothes Dee! This one I told you I wanted to buy so much. Remember?"
"God, you're right." Her eyes widened and then turn to Paige, "How can you know that we want these clothes so bad?"
"Haha, I don't know...just my intuition." Clara constantly jumping and hug Paige like they were knowing each other for a long time. "Thank you so much! Me and Deenah really like this. We've been hunting for this for months."
"Well, glad to hear that." Paige smiles widely and hug her back. "Now we got this clothes, let's get your soup." Clara drag both Deenah and Paige outside the outlet and to the food stand. "Wait, Clara. Let me call him again." Deenah step aside for awhile and take out her phone.

"Josh?" She carefully call him. "Yeah Dee? I'm with the band. What's up?"
"Umm, I see your favorite soup. Do you want me to buy it?"
"Sure! I'd love to. Just buy one and give it to me when you're back to our room."
"Alright! Bye Josh." She's so happy to hear that from him, she quickly go to the food stand where Clara and Paige already waiting. "He wants one."

°°°°°°

"You sure don't want to join us?" Anthony is shouting from the water with Flea. He ask both Chad and Josh to surf with them. "No Tony! Thanks!" Chad shout back and then turn to Josh, "You're okay?"
"What? I'm fine. Why asking?"
"Nothing. It's just... I know she was the one who just talking to you and she already called you 7 times." Chad's question somehow kinda annoyed Josh little. "What's wrong with that? I pick up on the eight call."
"Still, looked like you're not really in mood to talk with her. You guys had a fight before going here?"
"No.. no fight. I'm just tired. And yes, she was pissed me off on the day we were boarding." Chad chuckles, "Come on. How?"
"Because she got a flight without telling me anything before. I was really tired."
"I know you were tired. But that's not even her fault. I kinda feel sorry for her." He smirks a little bit and leaving Josh to sit alone. Choose to join Anthony and Flea in the end.

°°°°°°

"Ah come on. I'm fine! He will be there soon. You guys can go back to your room." Deenah laughs at how protective Clara and Paige are. They don't even want to leave her. "No, if we go, you will feel lonely and bored." Clara throw herself on the couch with Paige just giggles on these two. "I have to say, you two had a cute friendship."
"Thanks!" Clara smile to her and then turn to Deenah again. "You hear that? We got a cute friendship. I refused to leave."
"Alright. Nevermind." Deenah laughs back and then take her phone again. It's almost 10 p.m. "Where is he? He told me he just playing at beach with the band."
"You want me to ask my dad?"
"No, no. You don't have to. Maybe they're having fun out there. That's fine."
"Yeah, but what about the soup? He told you he wanted that. I'm not sure if he can eat that again for tomorrow." She checks out the soup. Knowing it's already cold. Deenah knows that but she's still trying to smile, "That's okay. Not a big deal. If he can't eat it, I will throw it away. it's just a soup."

Just when she's about to sit with Clara, someone open the door. "Oh, hey. Am I interrupt something?"
"Ah, no Josh. They just stay to accompany me while waiting for you to go back."
"Oh, okay. I think I heard Flea were asking for Clara. He was looking for her." He says, tries to recall Flea's words. "Ah, yeah. He said he got something for you."
"Really? Oh, I should go back then. See you tomorrow Dee, Paige." She waves to them and leave their room. Then Deenah remember the soup, she quickly grab it and follow Josh before he get on bed. "Josh. Umm... The soup is..."
"Oh my... I'm so sorry I forgot that. But I already eat with the band. I'm full...." Paige quickly stand up and cut him, "She bought it for you Josh. At least give it a taste." He almost forget that Paige still in the room with them. But then Deenah tries to push the heat, smiling to Paige. "Ah that's okay Paige. I think he needs a rest now, me too. We will see you again tomorrow, okay?" She blocked her from saying anything else to Josh and she understands Deenah's attempt. "Okay then. I will back to my room. Bye Dee." She leave their room without even saying any goodbye to Josh. Right after Paige left, Deenah turn to him and smiles, "That's okay. Don't mind that. You can take a rest. I will clean this up." She take the soup and go outside to throw it away.

°°°°°°

It's kinda pissed her off to see his behavior, especially because she loves Deenah like her own sister. She knows Deenah is trying too hard to deal with Josh these 2 days. It somehow reminds her of the way John ignored her that time. When she didn't hear of him for quite awhile. The day of Sinclair's wedding, where she finally snap and drive home alone. "I really hate to intervene anyone's relationship, but I'm so done for this." In her mind, she is planning to talk to Josh directly, to pull him back to his mind and realized that he shouldn't treat her bad like that.

She even calling John to ask his opinion. She need a second thought to clear everything. She doesn't want to step into their relationship if it's not necessary. "You think it's okay for me to talk to him?"
"In my opinion, it's not only okay. You need to. I remember exactly the way I ignored you, it didn't ended good for us. If only I listened to my bandmates to call you back then, everything's gonna be different." As she heard his opinion, she becomes sure about talk to Josh, and she will do it as soon as she meet him. "Okay John. Thank you for that... And get well really soon, okay honey?"
"Don't worry. I will." She even can feel, hear and smell his smile across the phone line, leaving her with another smile on her own face.

°°°°°°

Josh wakes up in the morning with Deenah's hand lingering on his waist. She fell asleep, hugging him from behind. For a moment, he smiles, happy for how sweet it is. He can see her arms holding tight to his body. So he decided to turn his position so he can face her, still with her closed eyes. While he touch her face, let her hair behind her ear, he feels a little bit guilty about yesterday. Because to be honest, he didn't completely forget that she bought him a soup. He could absolutely tell the boys to not joining their dinner, he just didn't feel want to. "What's wrong with me?"

"Don't...."
"What?" At that moment he thought she was awake, but turned out she was just talking in her sleep. He takes a look at her face and feel how much peace written on it. "Ah. I thought..." He let out a sigh as he let her back to her sleep and he can feel her hug becomes tighter. "I thought you're..... Nevermind." He hug her back, let both of them sleep a couple hours more.

°°°°°°

"You think he's getting bored?"
"I'm not sure. Seems like that." Chad take a fillet strip as he talks to Anthony. "What makes you think like that?"
"When we were at the beach yesterday, when you and Flea were surfing. I stayed with him. Do you know that he ignored Deenah's call like 7 times. He wasn't even busy. He was just sit down with me. Also the reason he got pissed on her, is quite ridiculous." What he says is actually makes sense, but Anthony just won't accept it. "I don't know Chad. I just can't be sure about Josh getting bored of her."
"Getting bored of who?" Anthony almost jumps from his seat as he hears a voice behind him. "God! Paige? What are you..."
"Josh getting bored? Of who?" Paige just straight on point, wishing they're not talking about what she thinks about. "Ah about that, we're not sure.. but Chad thinks that he...got bored on his relationship....with Deenah." When Anthony says it, Paige just let out a sigh. "I'm not surprised. You have no idea about what happened yesterday."
"What happened?"
"She saw Josh's favorite soup and insisted to bought it for him. She called him a couple times and when he picked up, he said he wanted the soup. So she bought it, waited for him until the night. When he was back, he said he couldn't eat that because he already eat before. It pissed me off."
"Ah, really? I didn't know that? He was eating with us and he didn't say anything about that. Maybe he forgot?"
"No he wasn't." Chad cut their conversation and explain everything. "I was there when Josh got a call from Deenah. After 7 times ignored it, he picked up and they talked about that soup. I saw how unexcited his face was. Just saying." What's inside her mind is a total anger. She's really pissed about how Josh treated Deenah. "She was really excited to bought that soup...just to be thrown away shortly after."
"Don't take it too far Paige. Maybe he just wasn't in a good mind."
"You don't have to sugarcoating it Tony, but thank you. It's a nice try."
"Come on.. there must be something more than that. I'm sure he's not bored or something."

°°°°°°

"Flea, look at this. I'm sure Clara will like this one." Flea and Deenah are at a shop, buy some additional surprise present for Clara. "That is cute!" Flea seems so happy to find that pair of shoes. "Thank you!" He takes the shoes from her and put them on his trolley. "You know what else is cute?" Deenah ask him, as she saw another good present. "What?"
"That jacket. Look at that!" She shows him the jacket, pick a size and handed it to him. "Well, you're right. Put that in." He, once again put stuff on his trolley. As they walk to the cashier, they see a long que and ended up talking for awhile. "Dee."
"Yup?"
"Umm... Yesterday, Chad told me.. that Josh ignored you. Are you guys okay?" Deenah stoned for seconds but then quickly back it up. "Ah... Nope. We're fine." And she forced a smile, knowing that she's lying to one of her trusted friend. "What did Chad said, exactly?"
"He said that, Josh declined your phone call a couple times and even seems unexcited to received your call."
"Ah that...." For that part, she doesn't really know that Josh didn't want to be called. He didn't tell her at the time she called him. "Umm, that's fine. He just tired, I guess." Deenah quickly turn the topic and assure Flea that everything is fine. "You sure you guys don't need to talk about that?"
"No, I guess not. Haha. Don't worry. It's common on relationship right?" She take their shopping bag and put them in Flea's car. "Okay then. But please tell me just in case I can help." Flea smiles so wide, he shows his toothgap and then start he engine. "Oh, can you dropped me later? I'm not go to hotel. I need to meet my new manager."
"Oh really? You got a new one?"
"Yes. Since Florence is gonna be a mother, I have to find a new manager. I got tight schedule next month."
"This one is good?"
"Yeah, he's good. He's strictly discipline and smart."
"Good. Hope he can adapt to everyone. Does Clara know him?"
"Absolutely. She's the only one who recommended him to me. She said he's new on this industry and thought that he will fit with this slot. I just hope he had a good sense of humor. You know me." Flea just giggles to hear that. "Yeah, right."

°°°°°°

Just right when Josh is about to lay down, he hear knock on his door. Since Deenah is out with Flea, he thinks that it might be her who's coming back. "Wait there!" He gets up and walk to the door, "I told you to bring the key, you didn't listen to me." He says, while unlocking the door. "Next time just..." Right when the door opened, he stops talking and quiet surprised. "Paige? What do you... Ah, sorry. You must be looking for Deenah." He let her in and then sit on the couch. "She's out with...."
"Well, just stop right there. Josh."
"Wh...why? Did I say something wrong?"
"Yes. There are things that gone wrong lately." She looked deadly serious, and it's just strange for him to see her like that. "What's that?"
"Just from the tone of your words at the time you tried to unlocked the door. What's wrong with you? Do you talked with her that way? Sounds like you really pissed about her."
"No Paige, listen. It's not like what you..." Before he can finished, she cut him with another sentence. "Do you still want this relationship? Because if you don't, better you tell me now. And you know I can be extremely protective. Especially if it's something I care about. Like Deenah."
"You don't get it Paige. We're totally fine. It's just I'm kinda tired lately and..."
"I know. I know about your projects. You're exhausting." Paige nods, it makes Josh a little bit glad. "Yes. That's why."
"But that's not an excuse. You treat her badly. You don't have to be a jerk but you did." It erased his smile almost in a second. "You know? I don't have any right on your relationship. But, let me tell you this. The way you treat her, is even worse that the way John treat me on the day we broke up. So yes, if someday she ask to break up with you, I'm not surprised."
"John? He doesn't have something to do with this." Josh still in denial, not knowing exactly why they broke up back then. "You sure? Do you know the reason why I broke up with him? He ignored me. The exact same way that you did to her. But as I think more about it, John only did that part. At least he didn't treat me like shit." Besides the way she talk about it is really sharp, he knows what she said is making sense. It does hurt him like she just slap him with those words but he has to admit that she's right. He might lose her if he keep on acting that way. And he doesn't ready for it.

"What should I do then?"
"Stupid. Of course say sorry and then talk about it further. Discuss anything that will works your relationship out. What you guys need to clear things out. She might be looked fine with your treatment, but who knows when and how she will getting tired with that. Talk. Both of you." She sighed and then insists to go. "Okay. I'll talk to her tomorrow. At the party. She's quite busy with preparation now."
"Good. Make sure you remember that."

THE WIT OF THE STAIRCASE

"Oh my.... I love this Dad! Who picked this?"
"Deenah." Flea excitedly handed her the bag full of presents. "Really? Ah you two. Sneaking behind me to get these cool stuffs. Thank you!" She hugged both her dad and also Deenah. "Alright alright. Now get ready, they're waiting for your speech." Deenah pus her to changing room and then go to hand out with everyone. There sit some of familiar faces. She can see Jack, Zach, and Irontom on the front table, along with Chili Peppers. They're waving to her so she can sit with them.

The party is huge, there are lot of people around them. Mostly models, musicians, medias, and artists. When she turns to her left side, she seen Frances Bean with Cortney Love sitting next to them. Remembering she and Frances had a project together last month, they knew each other and Frances waves to her when she see her. She also see Matthew Gray next to Frances which is cool. She adores him as both actor, director, and artist. "You have to introduce him to me." Deenah whisper to Frances, giggles to how much Deenah idolized this man. And at one moment, they realized Matthew has been watching them whispering to each other and it makes them giggles. Frances then turn to him, "Haha, just girls' talk. You know."

Soon as Clara shows up on stage, making her way to her speech, all of them stands up and give her applause. "Look at her, she's  beautiful." Flea says to both Deenah and Josh as she hold Josh's hand. "She is." She smiles to Flea and then turn to Josh, missing the way they were close. Josh just about to ask her to talk but then there's a doubt and he's not sure to ask her about it. Paige, who's sitting behind him then whisper something to him. "Don't forget to talk to her." Then someone just surprised them when they hear a voice next to Deenah, it's Frances. "Hey! Make sure you come with me after this. I talked about you to Matthew and he said that he might want to work with you for a short film." Besides Paige and Josh that surprised, Deenah herself is indeed histerical. "Really? Oh God! That is awesome!" Hearing that, Paige put her palms on her face. "Okay, maybe after that." She says to Josh and he nods.

People are impressed on Clara speech, it makes Flea drop a tear when she finished it. "Love you dad." She blow a kiss to their table and Flea waves to her, proud of his daughter. As she go down from the stage, Deenah comes to her and hug her. "Happy birthday Clara! God, you're so gorgeous." She knows how those clothes fit Clara so much and she's kinda proud that she found them yesterday. "Yeah. Thanks to you. By the way, let's eat with the band...."
"I can't... Frances there, with Matthew Gray waiting for me." She points out to them and Clara can't be happier. "Wait... Don't say that you got a role for his short film? I heard he got a plan..." Then she see how happy Deenah's face is. "Oh shut up! You got it?"
"Well, I don't know. Might be... Frances said he wants to talk to me so..."
"I'm sure you will. Ah, good luck Dee. I'll wait there with my father okay?"
"Okay." She hug her once again and then leave.

"There she is! The birthday girl." Chad shout out as Clara reach their table. "Thanks! This is definitely an awesome party. Thanks to my dad, Deenah, and Paige for helping me. She smiles to Paige and hug her. "You two got close really quick huh?" Anthony smirks and then turn around. "Where's Deenah? She's also one of he important person that makes this party happened."
"She's with Frances... And Matthew Gray." Clara says, proudly. "Woahh. Glad that she's getting known now." Harry smiles wide, followed by Zach and others. "Yeah, she deserves that. She works really hard and it's worth the recognition." Flea adds. "You need to congratulate her later, Josh." Clara turns to him and he nods, "Yeah, sure."

°°°°°°

"You're so funny you know." Matthew giggles as Frances laugh on Deenah's jokes. "I told you Matt, she's a cool person to hang out with."
"Yeah, and her satirical jokes perfect for this satirical movie."
"Indeed." Frances takes another shot before realized on how Matthew stares at Deenah while she's making jokes. Even if Deenah doesn't see that, Frances does. It's like he genuinely likes her and his feeling is truly sweet. Matthew has this two sides, which is a talkative person while he's also a timid person at the same time. So to see him staring, stoned to see a woman, she knows Matthew likes that woman. This kind of charisma also the main reason why many women are crazy for him. But he's not playing around, he can be really serious. Frances almost lose a giggles as she pich his arm and it makes him almost jump from his seat, surprised. His face is blushing as he's back from his own mind.

"What happened?" Deenah stop her jokes as soon as she see Frances' giggles. "Umm... Nothing. I'm giggles to your jokes."
"Oh okay.. and umm.. I think I should go back to my table. Clara and others are waiting for me." She points out her table and then turn to both Frances and Matthew. "And thanks for that chance you gave me. it's been an honor, considering I'm one of your fans Matthew." She smiles to him and he smiles back. "Not a problem. Hope we can work well on this film."
"Yeah, me too." He offers her a handshake and she can't be more happier, "It's funny, that you're really formal. Hahaha. See you again."
"See you too."

Soon after she left, Frances burst a laugh. "What's that?"
"What?"
"You were stoned. You like her huh?"
"Maybe... You read me?"
"Eveytime." She takes another shot again. "Is she.... Available?"
"Well, I don't know. I just knew her last month and she never talked about her personal life. She's professional. But if you want to know more, you can ask Clara. She is close with her."
"Ah, haha. It's not a good idea. I'm too scared to do that."

°°°°°°

"I told you! You will get the role. I knew it!" Clara hug Deenah as she tells everyone on the table about the project with Matthew. "Congratulations!" Jack then raises his glass, "For Clara and Deenah." Then all of them follow him to raise their glasses. "For girl who's getting one more year and for girl who's getting a role for her first film."
"Cheers!" Chad is the one who drinks his drink and everyone can't help but giggles at that.

After all of them get into their own conversations one another, Josh turns to Deenah, "Hey, can we go right there?" He points out a space that not too crowded. "Umm, sure. Why?"
"I just want to talk to you." Deep inside, she's scared about it. About 'the talk'. She always scared about that kind of talk that probably include something she doesn't want to hear. "Ah, okay." She then follow him and take a seat besides the bartender counter. Just two of them, far from others. "So... You wanna drink?" He ask her, trying to find a right point to actually discuss things that he wants to say. "Sure."

They ask for 2 Bourbons and drink it together. "Umm.. you said you wanna talk. What's that?" Deenah can't wait any longer, the curiosity is killing her. "Ah, about that... I know we've been away lately and I has to admit that I didn't know what to do..."
"Your point?"
"What I'm trying to say is... I think we need to..." As Josh is trying to finish it, someone surprised him with a poke on his shoulder. "Hei Josh." When he's turning, there, he see his ex, Geska. Then all of sudden he feels guilty about her and about their break up back then. He didn't have time to clear things up with her and he knows he had hurt her that day. "Oh, hei. What...are you doing here?" She takes a seat next to Josh and then talk, "Well, my management will have a work with Clara. They got a deal so Clara invited me, for a formal business." Josh then turns to the bartender, "One white wine, please."
"Ah, you remember my taste." Geska smiles to him. Then to Deenah. Somehow makes Deenah's nerves getting tensed. "Josh, you want to talk or...."
"Wait there okay? I will talk to you later." Josh doesn't even watch her unpleasant expression and turns to geska completely. "I... I'm sorry for that day. I know I hurt you."
"That's okay. I understand." Geska smiles to Josh, while put her eyes on Deenah. She knows what she's doing there. "Josh can we..."
"I said wait Dee. I promise we will talk later." Hearing that, Deenah get herself together and leave. Josh doesn't even realize that she's leaving him.

Oh her way, she bumped into Paige and Clara who just about to order some drinks. "Hey, Dee. Where are you going?" Clara see how Deenah is in a rush but Deenah tries to keep her smile on. "Umm... Looking for a fresh air."
"Where's Josh?" Paige cut them and looking around. "I think you two having a talk?"
"Umm... Were having... actually. But guess he got more important talk." She poins out Josh and Geska. Clara then realized that, "Oh my! I'm sorry I didn't tell you this. I didn't want to invite her but I had a deal with..."
"Calm down Clara. I get it. You did nothing wrong. We'll talk later." She sighs and smirks. "Now, excuse me. I think I need to go out." She points out a smaller bar across the street. Seems like a cheap bar that smells like also cheap cigarettes. "Um, okay... Let me know if you..." Clara is about to say a thing but Deenah is already leaving within seconds. Paige then says to Clara. "Can you order the drinks alone? I need to do something." Clara nods and then they split up. Paige go straight to Josh and Geska while Clara go to the bartender from the other side.

"Hi Josh!" She pokes him, with a sarcastic smile plastered. Then she see how annoyed Geska to see her. "What are you doing? Josh is your ex and you shouldn't flirt with him again." She says to Paige, with a diva attitude. "Oh. Really? How about you? You're his ex too. What are you doing?" Josh knows how intense the situation and he can feel that Paige is doing one of her powerful sarcastic move and if he doesn't intervene, they will probably fight. "Paige.. what are you doing?" He whisper to her and then she whisper back, "How about try my best to save your relationship? Do you even realize Deenah was leaving?" Then Josh remember something, right after Paige pulling herself from his ear, he gets up. "Right, damn it! I'm sorry. I need to find her." He rushes out but Geska tries to stop him, "Josh, we're not done talking." Paige quickly grab her hand and let Josh go. "Well, it's done now. He needs to find someone." She smirks to her, knowing how pissed Geska is. As Josh leave the bar, Geska shows her angry face to Paige. "What a bitch. Go back to your happy life with John!"
"Really? You tell me that? How about... Go back to your miserable life after talking shit about Josh back then? You should be ashamed. He have a new life and do you realize that right now you're being a jerk? What a bitch." Paige once again shows her sarcastic smirks and then leave her. "Hey! You can't just walk away from me like that..."
"Of course I can. I don't owe you anything. Now get lost."

Paige leaves her table with a total victory on her face. Remembering how much she doesn't like her since the first day she dated Josh. Clara, already on her table then get up and gives Paige a high five. "God! I wish I can sit there with you when you talk to her. I bet it would be interesting."
"Yeah, too bad you got a deal with her people. I don't blame you." She laughs and then join her and the band.

°°°°°°

"Vodka please..." Deenah takes a seat and then looks around her. She can smell cigarettes all over the room and she doesn't even care. "Ah, not a glass. I need the whole bottle." She adds and the bartender just laughs. "A hard day miss?"
"Um.. yeah, quite a bit. By the way... You seems funny. That's good."
"Well, haha. Thanks. Need anything else?"
"No, this is enough." She raises a glass and cheer him. "Okay, enjoy!"

While drinking, she see a newspaper with crossword puzzle on it. "Hey, can I fill this in?" She ask the bartender. "Umm, sure! That's gonna be good. I've been tried to win this since last week, they got some interesting prize for people who done their puzzle."
"Hahaha. Alright! You can sent my answer. But promise me if they give you cash, you will fix your machine, right there." She points out ice machine behind him. It looked old. "Alright! Of course."

She goes into the first question, "This one is easy. Named one member of Lily's Chain? 12 spaces...."
"John Frusciante?" The bartender interrupt. "No, it will be 14. It's 12, it must be Tiana Hopkins." She fill that one with Tiana's name. The bartender just giggles, "Right. Hahaha, I forgot that. I only remember John. He's the most popular in that group."
"Well, I can't blame you. Tiana didn't have much time to be known." Then she turns to next question. "When the Titanic sunk, there was a rumor that some music men stayed to played their last song till the ship went down. Who's their leader. 9 spaces." She thinks really hard, not knowing any name. "You know?"  She ask the bartender. "Um.. nope. I'm not a fan of Titanic legacy."
"Uh. Alright, I think I'll skip this one for awhile."

"Try W.H.Hartley." she hears someone talk behind her. "Wait... You right. It fits. Thank you sir, whoever you are." She's focused on the next question when suddenly the bartender surprised her, "Geez! Matthew Gray Gubler?"
"What? Who?" She turns her back and there she see Matthew standing behind her. "Hi."
"Hi, Matt. What are you doing?"
"I saw you left the party. Clara is your close friend right? Why you left her party?" He then see her vodka. "You drink that all? You will be drunk."
"Um.. haha.. I didn't expect you will be here. This is embarrassing." She covers her face and knowing that seeing her drinking like that might be changes his mind to gives her the role. "No, I don't judge you. I'm just wondering." He takes a seat and then turns to the bartender. "Can I get one glass?"
"Sure." He gives him an empty glass and then he pour some vodka for him, from her bottle. She's confused, "I thought you don't drink?"
"No, not usual. But I can drink."
"Haha, alright. By the way, since you are here, and I know you're smart." Matthew laughs at that and cut her, "You know I'm not Spencer right?"
"Haha. Right. But you don't need to be Spencer because I know you're already smart."
"Well, thank you. I'm flattered." He giggles and then takes the puzzle and looks at it. Without asking her, he fills in all the answers and it makes both Deenah and the bartender amazed. "God! Are you sure Spencer is a fictional character?" He takes the puzzle and smiles widely. "I'll get lot of bucks. Thank you!"  He leave both Deenah and Matthew to send the answers.

"Well. That's quick. How you know all of it?"
"Just a coincidence." He smiles, stay humble even though Deenah can't hide her impressed face. "By the way. Will you tell me why you're here?" She ask him and he just smile. "First, you don't answer my first question. Second, I'm here because I want more talk with you." Somehow it makes her laughs when she heard the way he talked. "Me? Haha. Just looking for fresh air."
"Fresh air? Here? You gotta be kidding. Smell those cheap smoke." The bartender shout from the corner of the counter. So Matthew back to her, looks at her with a smirk. "I take that as a false reason. Also people don't leave their bestfriend's party just for air."
"Okay, okay. I got pissed and just left to get my mood back."
"Got pissed? With Josh the guitarist?"
"Hahaha. That's funny how you mentioned him. But yeah, with him. But he's also my boyfriend." Matthew, just changes his smile as soon as he heard that. "Ah. I didn't know that. They never..."
"You mean the media? Yeah, both me and him don't like to be published about it." Deenah understands how Matthew might be confused and explain everything. "Oh, okay. I got it. And what happened between you two?"
"About it... I don't know. At the party, he looked deadly serious and told me he wanted to talk. I was so scared, I think...he was about to break up with me. And then when he just about to say something, there came his ex. And then all I know that he ignored me."
"Ignored you? That doesn't mean he wants to break up."
"Yeah, but still... I had a bad feeling about... What the hell. I shouldn't tell you that." She stops and smirks. "You got me. You really live your Spencer's character."
"No, don't get me wrong. I just think that you need someone to talk to."
"Right. I think." She takes another shot and about to take one more. Matthew grab the bottle and stop her. "No, it's too much for you." He looked panic as he knows she's getting drunk, he catches her hand so she will not drinking again. "Why do you care?" She put her glass on the table and stares at him, which makes him really nervous.

°°°°°°

He already search for her at the party and to their hotel room but he can't find her anywhere. "Where the hell is she?" He's getting pissed as he's getting tired as well. Then he remembers that he can just call her phone, so he does. Hoping that she got enough signal wherever she is. "Hei, umm. Sorry that I ignored you. Where do you go?" Josh quickly talks when he hear someone picking it up. "Hi, umm. I think Deenah left her phone here when she was talking with us."
"Who's this?"
"Frances. Do you want me to keep her phone until she came back?"
"Ah, yes. Please keep the phone. I'll go there and take it so I can give it to her."
"Alright then."
"Thanks." He hung up and then walks back to th party, try to find Frances.

When Josh get there, it's not really crowded like when he was leaving. Less people and he can see Frances and her mom. He walks to them and pokes her shoulder. "Hey. Frances right? I was the one who called Deenah's phone. May I take it?"
"Oh, yeah sure."She takes it from her bag and then turns her back, she's kinda surprised. "Oh hey. That's you. Are you her... something?" Hearing that, Josh got nervous. He doesn't want people to know about them. "Ah, hahaha. Just a friend. Close friend." He takes the phone and about to leave, but then he remembers to ask her something. "Do you know where she is?"
"About that, I'm not sure... The last time I saw her, she said she wanted to go to Clara. And then I didn't see her after that. But..."
"But?"
"My friend, Matthew said that he saw her leaving the party. To the street. He told me he will go to her for a further talk. So maybe he's with her right now."
"Where's he?"
"Umm, I saw him walking to that bar." She points out the bar across the street. "Oh, okay. Thanks a lot."

°°°°°°

"Hey. Umm, I think we need to go back to Clara. You're absolutely drunk." Matthew tries to help her but she insists to stay. "If you wanna leave, you can do that yourself. I'll stay here."
"Come on. Josh might be worry about you and probably looking for you now." She just giggles and take another glass. "Nope. He's probably not. He got great time with her, why should he care about what I do?"
"You're not thinking clearly. Let me help you."
"No, thanks. I will stay. Haha. Compared to him, you're far more care about me. That's funny." She catches his hand and looks at him right to his eyes. "Tell me, why do you care so much?" She's just an inch from his face and he can smell a lot of alcohol from her. "Listen, you're drunk...." She cut him quickly, "Just answer."
"Because you're...umm.... I feel like I..." He can't even finish it because all he knows, she kisses him. With both eyes closed. He doesn't fight it, stoned, his heart is beating fast. "Deenah.. I got a feeling for you and...."
"I know."

"You done?" They hear a voice, and knowing no one's there except them, they take their selves appart. Matthew is shocked to see who's standing there. Too shocked to able to speak. "Who's that?" Deenah tries so hard to stand up from her chair, her eyes blurry. When she's about to walk, she almost fall but then Matthew catches her before she hit the floor. Then after she's sober enough, she can see Matthew support her back. Then she turns to someone in front of her. "Josh? How long you...."
"So this is what you do?" Josh's face filled with anger, and silence. He looks at her, with all the anger he's got, "I swear to you. I don't wanna see you anymore." He take a step back and then leave the bar. Deenah, getting panic, she tries to catch him but she doesn't fit enough to do that. She almost trip down so Matthew forced her to sit. "Wait there. I'll talk to him, explain the situation. Everything's gonna be fine." He then leave her and running to catch Josh outside.

"Hey! Wait. Let me explain." He grab Josh's shoulder, forced him to turns back. "What?"
"It's not her fault. That's mine. I like her and followed her there. She has nothing to do with..."
"Stop. Don't say anything. I saw what she did. She's the one who make a move. So I don't want to see her again. And I meant it. I don't wanna see her again. Ever." He take Matthew's hand from his shoulder and leave, back to the party.

As Matthew go back to her, she looks down. "Doesn't work, does it? I'm sorry to drag you in this situation."
"Deenah... It's my fault. I shouldn't...."
"Don't blame yourself." She stands up and go back to her hotel room with the help from Matthew.

In her room, she takes her bag and fill it with her clothes. "I think you're gonna have a sleep?"
"No, I'm leaving."
"What?"
"You heard him? He doesn't wanna see me again." She says, half smiling and sobbing. "He just mad, I will talk to him again." He insists her to stay. "No, you don't understand. From the first day we got here, he seemed like doesn't wanna be around me. He meant it." Then she take her bag and close the door behind her. "Thanks Matthew. Take care." When she's about to leave, he stop her. "Wait...." He takes a breath. "I know you might be uncomfortable to work with me after this. So if you don't wanna take the role.... That's fine."
"No. I'll take it. It's a job, nothing to do with my personal life. You know my e-mail. See you on the set." She walks away and doesn't look back.

°°°°°°

Josh is sitting with Paige, doing nothing but to hear his problem. Paige is a good listener and Josh can't talk to anybody but her. "You know Josh. I can't tell who should be blamed on this."
"What? She did that in front of me Paige."
"I know. It's a big mistake. But.."
"What?" Josh wait for her to continue her words. Even though she cares so much about Deenah, he knows Paige will not defending anyone if they did wrong things. So hearing that makes him questioning. "Do you realize how long you ignored her? I'm not saying that she has no mistakes. But you, yourself also had one. Think about that."
"So?"
"I think.... Rather than that... You should call her and talk."
"But I told her I don't wanna see her again.. How about that?"
"It's just a sentence. Tell her you didn't mean it."
"Okay... I will call... Wait." He reach his pocket and find 2 cellphones. "I can't call her. Her phone is with me."
"Hahaha. So... Maybe you should talk in person. Just go to your room and wait for her to get back. Okay?"
"Okay... Thank you so much Paige! You're the best!" He rushes out and running back to his room.

Josh takes the elevator and running through the corridor, straight to his room. He quickly unlocked it, "Dee! I didn't mean to...." Right after he close the door, he see that no one's here. So he assumed she's not back yet. He sit on the bed and take out her phone. "I have to wait."

°°°°°°

He didn't realize that he was asleep last night and then wake up as the sunlight falls down on his face. "Ugh. What time is it?" He takes his phone and see it's already 9 a.m. He looks around the room and he can't find Deenah. "She didn't come back last night?" He thinks for awhile. "Maybe she stayed at Clara's after what happened." Then he decides to takes a shower before he go there, but as soon as he's about to get his new clothes, he knows something is not quite right. He can't find any of her clothes there. So he rushes out, take his jacket and tries to unlocked the door.

But right before he open it, he catches a piece of paper on his table. He didn't notice it last night. He step back and get the paper. He recognizes a handwriting on that paper.

I'm sorry. I promise you'll not see me anymore.