Chapter 16

THE BEST YET TO COME

After hearing that, Both Josh, Flea, and some police officers are rushing upstairs, leaving Clara and Ronalds with two officers. There are 2 rooms on the thrid floor, Josh tries to remember what he said. "He said on the left." Josh points out the door on the left to those officers. They check the door, knock on it but no one's answering. "Sir?" One officer ask to another, and the other one nods to him. For that command, they break the door together a couple times until the door is open. As the door is open, Josh is rushing in. Tries to get used with the dark and searching for Deenah with the help of Flea and police.

"Flea, you see her?" Josh shout to him while digging in that room but then he can feel something or someone is front of him. So he kneel down and he knows he hold someone's hand. But it's cold. "Flea! Someone! Help me. I think it is her." They quickly go to his voice and among all those stuff fulfill that room, it's kinda hard to get her out. It seems like she's stuck on something. "Let me do that. An officer lift something that probably a leg from a big table so Josh can pull her out. He bring her out and lay her down on the floor, "Sir, paramedics are on the way." One officer tell him while Josh is pull out the cloth that covering her mouth and untied her hands. Meanwhile, Flea is trying to feel her pulse, also put his hand near her nose. "Josh."

"What?"

"She's not breathing." Flea still trying to get something from her arms. "No, no that can't be...."

"But there's pulse. It's weak but it's there. I can feel it." Josh quickly get his head near her face, "Yes, she's not breathing."

"You can do CPR Josh?"

"I'll try." He get on her and start to push her chest, her pulse is still weak and there's a chance they're gonna lose her if it doesn't work. "Come on! Deenah!" Josh keep trying but nothing happened. "Where's the paramedics?" Flea can't hold it, he almost lost it. "If they're can't make it here, I'll bring her with my car."

"Come on! I can't lose you this way. I can't!" Clara can't even look at them, she won't imagine anything. But seeing Josh, almost crying on Deenah's body, really breaks her heart. Deenah is almost like a sister for her and she won't forgive herself for not warning her before. "Josh... We need to bring her..."

"If we can't bring her back now, she will die on our way there!"

After trying to safe her for awhile, they're shocked to hear her voice. It almost like she's choking on something. She barely can breath but they're glad she's breathing. "Oh my God! Dee!" Clara becomes emotional and kneel down to hug her. Josh, knowing he finally made it, step back and sit down on the floor. With his face on his knee. He drops a tear, can't believe he just bring her back to life. Flea, who's ready with his car, comes in to pick them but shocked to know Deenah is already wake up on his daughter's arms. "God! You made it." He walks to Josh, giving him a warm hug. "You saved her."

"Yeah... It's probably because the cloth in her mouth. She can't breath with it. But.... I'm glad she's back." Flea can see some tears and a bright smile from Josh's face. Nothing makes him happier than to know Deenah is alive. Some seconds later, some paramedics comes in with everything they need. They take her from Clara and Josh quickly gets up. "Clara, can I go with her?" Josh looks at those paramedics who bring her then turns to Clara. She nods, "Sure. You deserves all that time with her."

"Thank you." He quickly run to hug her and her dad then go straight to the ambulance, saying to paramedics, "I'm with her!"

"So...."

"So?" Clara turns to her dad, with a wide smile on his face. "We need to tell Zach. He's probably waiting for our call." Clara nods, "Yeah,sure."