Chapter 21

(Before you jump into the story, I wanna remind you about the new story about Dave Grohl, it would meant a lot of you take your time checking it. It's called Generator. Thanks!)

SOMEWHERE ONLY SHE KNOWS

Even months after she left him, Matthew can't stop waiting for her. On that period, he called both Clara and Josh frequently just to keep them informed about her. But nothing he can tell to them because she never came back. He almost desperately looking for her. All he knows is she continues to work somewhere because he start to see her face on some magazines. She made it big, he see her face everywhere. But he doesn't even know where is she. At some moments, Clara told him that she will use her connection to find her, but she doesn't get anything just yet.

°°°°°°

"Someone must knew something about that. She's like....a well-known model now. We can find her." This is the third time she call her colleges just to know where Deenah is. Josh, far from expecting the same thing. "Clara, you need to stop. At least we know she's alive and well. That's enough."
"Yeah, but are you sure she's truly fine? Wake up Josh, she left Matthew. No good thing comes out from it." If she can tell, she really miss Deenah as much as her bestfriend. "Calm down Clara. I'm sure she's okay. Also....maybe we just need to give her some times."
"No. I will find another way. Or just..."
"What?"
"We can ask Zach about it. I mean, it's kinda hard for Dee to decline Zach's offer." Clara slightly smirks, knowing she might just find a good idea. But Josh disagree. "Hey, stop including him. You know what he feels about me and Deenah. Since I broke up with Dee, I can't even call him. I kinda...feel guilty."
"He will be fine with my idea. Also, it's almost his birthday. I'm sure he's planning on inviting her. We just assure him to do so." She's getting ready for a shot today so she can't stay longer at park with Josh. "Don't forget to ask Jack and Zach for a dinner today. I'll tell my dad. Got it?"
"Yeah sure." Josh then gives her a hug before see her drove away.

Josh takes his own bag from the bench and then about to walk away but suddenly someone pokes him from behind. "Hei, um.. Josh?"
"Yes?" He quickly turns his back and see Matthew there. "Oh, umm.. it's you. What...what are you doing here? Meeting someone?" Then he ask Matthew to sit with him. "Ah, me? I'm looking for you. I...I heard you usually hang around here so..."
"Oh, okay. I'm here. You need to tell me something?"
"About that...yeah." He gives him a ring. A beautiful carved ring. Josh looks at it, confused. "Wait, is this..."
"My wedding ring? Yes." Matthew smiles painfully but still managed to laughs. "But, why you handed me this?"

°°°°°°

Deenah looks at herself on the mirror. Fixing her long red hair like she always did for these months since she stepped on NY. Each time she's doing that, she always remember what her manager said right after they landed there.

You're not that person anymore. Ignore the pain and just focused on your career. No romance and you'll make it big.

Seeing that she finally made it big, his words now is like her daily prayers. She stay away from it and tried so hard to be a mature woman. No stupid jokes, green hair, or annoying laughter. She told herself that her career now is the most important, but deep inside, she's suffering. She hate lot of people and she knows even her attitude had changed. But for her, it's like a price to pay.

Today is another day she loses another weight, another pounds. She's lot skinnier in just some months. Maybe, if she's living with her parents and her friends right now, they will already afraid and bring her for a treatment. "So, I should lose more?"
"Yeah. A little bit."
"Okay. I'll try." She hung up the phone and look at her little meal that she ordered for lunch. Regrets that she ordered it because she will not be able to eat it. "Shit. This is my favorite meal. I cut lot of my favorite dish but this?" She's upset and with a broken heart, tossed the meal to her trash. She remembers how Zach bring that same food each time they fight. It worked every single time. But now she's starring at it, in the trash. "Sorry Zach." Then she just take some pills and a diet tea. It really makes her feels sick.