Chapter 5

Layla's POV

"I got new rules I count em. Lala la lala la. Talking to my sleep at night making myself crazy. Oh you smell like shit."

"Oh, he smells like shit." I sing quietly, pointing my finger at Kaleb, who's sitting next me.

Its first period and we're currently in English.

"Dude." Kaleb deadpans.

"This is how you do it..." He clears his throat.

"I got new rules I count em, oh.... I gotta tell em to myself–" he sings, his voice cracking and out of tune. I snort out with laughter, shaking my head.

"–I keep pushing forward but he keeps pushing me backwards..." he continues through my laughter, making funny facial expressions.

Kaleb ends up laughing with me, but both our laughter soon die down, noticing that everyone's gone dead quiet.

We both look up, meeting several gazes, a few laughing, some smirking.

I guess it was louder than we thought.

Noticing the teacher missing, I look around and jump out of my skin when I see him behind me, leaning down, staring at me with a hard glare, his bald head shining from the reflection of the light.

"What do you think you're doing?" He whispers harshly, his breath fanning my lips.

I feel bile rise up my throat as the smell of it practically shrivels my nostril hairs.

I wrinkle my nose and hold my breath, leaning my head backwards, only for him to bring his closer.

After a minute of him staring, I grit my teeth. "What do you need, sir? A mint?"

His face begins to burn red as the class erupts with laughter.

"Excuse me?" He growls, tilting his head.

"Seriously sir, it's like a sewer down there. And what do you think you're doing getting all close to me like that? Isn't there like a rule against–"

"GET OUT!!" he shouts and I jump slightly.

"Gladly." I mutter, lifting myself off the chair. I make my way towards the exit but stop when I hear him call out again.

"Wait."

I look back to him and raise my eyebrows, as he walks towards me.

He moves his head closer, and gets up all in my face and I hold my breath once again.

This has got to be illegal...

"This little stunt of yours will not be tolerated, and I will no longer have you in my class because I refuse to teach a disrespectful, despicable human such as yourself. Now get out of my sight." he spits lowly, moving his face away from mine, which is now sprinkled with his revolting spit.

The class is now silent, with a few people sniggering.

I glance at Kaleb to see his mouth open, as he laughs silently, his hand whacking his leg, continuously and I roll my eyes, before walking out and slamming the door shut, anger radiating through me.

Fucking hell.

I let out a low growl, before slamming my foot against the pale wall and hear a loud crack.

Shit.

I look down at the giant hole and gulp, looking back up through the door, I see everyone snap their head towards me and see Mr Headly's startled expression as he begins to make his way towards the door.

Ugh.

Stupid cheap walls.

I bolt through the hallway and push through the double doors, running down the stairs that lead to the girls toilets.

I enter and bend down as I try to regain my breath.

I look at the mirror and see my reflection. My face glistening with the spit particles scattered on my face.

I splash water onto my face and wash it for a good minute.

When I'm done, I sigh, the anger slowly fading.

I head towards the hand dryer and bend down, so my face is now facing under the blower, the loud sound fills my ears; the warm air blowing my face.

When my face fully dries, I straighten myself up, but then suddenly feel a strange feeling of someone watching me...

I snap my head towards the door and just about see a shadow disappearing in a split second.

Weird.

I sigh, looking at my watch.

Ten minutes left.

I pull the door to exit, but frown when it doesn't open, I pull again and my heart picks up it's pace.

Oh shit.

It's locked.

Panic rises through me and I shove the door with full force, It suddenly jolts open and my eyes widen as the force throws me onto the floor before I can regain my balance.

Okay..so I was supposed to push. Hahah... Whatever...

With my cheeks flaming red, I let out a small laugh, before I slowly look around.

Ugh. Thank god nobody saw this..

I breathe out a sigh, as I pull myself off my the dirty ground. Deciding to head outside; I push past the yellow doors, and exit. Immediately I'm greeted by the wintery breeze, as it blows against my skin and through my hair.

I shiver slightly, as I could feel the goosebumps form in my skin.

I slowly make my way to the brown bench, just below the trees and slide myself down, I then lay my head down on the table, closing my eyes.

A quick nap till next lesson won't hurt.

•••••••••

BANG.

I hear the table being slammed, causing me to jump slightly, and open my sleep-glazed eyes.

"Get up."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°