Chapter 66

Layla's POV

"You told him?" I slowly walk inside her room, wincing when she begins to sob harder. She was currently sat on the edge of her bed, her face in her hands.

I close the door and walk to her bed, sitting next to her. "I'm sorry I forgot I was supposed to help you tell him." I say, feeling guilty.

She removed her hand from her face, her bloodshot green eyes meeting mine. There was mascara running down her cheeks, and her makeup was all over the place.

"No." She shakes her head. "I shouldn't have asked you." She croaks.

"This was right. I had to do this on my own. But as you can see it didn't go great." She shakes her head, more tears streaming down her cheeks.

"What happened?" I gulp and she lets out a humourless laugh.

"What do you think happened?" She shakes her head.

"He told me to abort my child that's what."

"What?" Shock immediately consumes me. "H-How could he say that?"

I thought Kian was nice? Well except for the time he beat me up in Killian's car. But I thought he bettered himself.

"I know." She sniffles, wiping her cheeks. "I told him no and he started yelling at me." Her lips tremble again.

I shake my head, pursing my lips in disappointment.

"Looking at how this went, telling mum and dad is going to be even worse." She begins to sob again, and I place my hand on her shoulder, comfortingly.

A few minutes later, she looks at me, taking a deep breath and plastering a smile. "You know what?"

"What?"

"I'm not telling them. They can find out themselves."

"What?" My eyes widen. "I think–"

"No, and that's the end of it." She shakes her head. "Maybe I shouldn't even care what they think." She sniffles and I shake my head.

"Don't say that. Trust me. You need them especially when you're pregnant. I get they may be angry at first but they'll accept it sooner or later."

"They won't forgive me." She shakes her head. "Besides you don't need them and you're doing fine. Maybe it'll go the same for me."

I smile at her sadly. "I'm not doing fine, Heidi." And she looks at me confused.

"B-But you've always seemed like you didn't care." Her voice trembles.

I shake my head in response.

"All I ever wanted was to be accepted by them." I sigh. "I'd have done anything. Everyone needs their parents, Heidi, no matter what. And you're really lucky you've had them, and trust me when I say this. You don't want to lose them."

"I thought you hated them?" She sniffles.

"Oh, trust me I do." I snort, rolling my eyes. "But I've always had something missing in my heart. Something they were supposed to fill, you know?" I sigh and she nods slowly, more tears forming in her eyes.