Chapter 65

Layla's POV

I sniffle slightly as all three, Kaleb, Cara and Donald ignore another one of my messages, leaving me on read.

I had downloaded my WhatsApp and Instagram and tried to contact them on both, and still they ignored me.

Donald

Hi, Donald what r you doing?

I make another pathetic attempt to talk to him.

Few minutes later he reads and again ignores.

I go back and dial his number, putting it to my ear but it goes straight to voicemail and a tear escapes my eye.

Donald
Please Donald. :( I miss you so much, talk to me please I can explain.

Cara
Cara, why aren't you talking to me?

Kaleb
Kaleb, we need to talk, please let me explain and text me back.

I turn the phone off, wiping my tears, as I remove myself off the bed.

Why are they being like this?

"You're crying is so pathetic, grow up and move on, not everything can go your way so cut out the tears, I did not raise a crybaby." I hear mums snappy voice at the door and I grit my teeth, looking up at the door to see her staring at me with a scowl.

"My tears do not concern you, If you have a problem with it then eff off, cuz one thing is for sure is that I can cry when ever I want and feel like it, regardless what anyone thinks." I snap and she sneers at me.

"And you said you were tough." She scoffs, addressing what I said a few years ago.

"I wonder who changed that." I say sarcastically.

She lets out a fake chuckle. "Hunny, there are lots of people who are going through worse than you and still they don't cry like you do. Usually they become much more mature, but you're becoming more immature by each passing day."

I purse my lips, as I glare at her angrily. "For a fourty six year old, you're also very immature, so I wonder where I got the traits from, also you being here looking for an argument is much like what stupid teenagers nowadays do in highschool." I snap back, and her eyes grow angrier, as she takes a step inside, pointing a finger at me.

"Don't act all innocent, you're no better by being a slut and fucking your owner-Killian like a desperate bitch. That desperate for love just because everybody hates you and so you throw yourself at the first person available seeking for affection, anything that can-"

"Be quiet!" I snap, my cheeks colouring red. "I never did that, you-"

"LUISE!" we hear a yell and dad appears by her side glaring at her.

"I told you to fucking leave her alone." He glares at her and I take a deep breath, but then I hear him lower his voice as he utters the next words to her.

"She's the reason we're getting money from Killian. You need to be smart here. He can easily take away everything now that he's formed some kind of bond with her." Mum nods, her eyes still glued on me, knowing that I had heard everything. But dad still seemed oblivious as he turns his head and gives me a soft smile.

They were both selfish. Greedy for money. I was just a sold object to both of them, and to think when he stood up for me, he cared. No. I was wrong, it was all for money.