Chapter 26

Layla POV

My eyes widen as Killian stares down at me, a smirk plastered on his face.

His blonde hair looked messy, and he had the usual silver lip ring on. He had on a white untucked, collared shirt, with a red tie, with a pair of black trousers.

My eyes land on the triangular bulge under the hem of his shirt, and my eyes widen.

Is that a gun?

I look back up at him, and he smirks, his dark eyes, glinting.

"Well.. look who we found." He chuckled.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, keeping my voice low.

He leans down slightly, his eyes never leaving mine, his toxic scent entering my nose.

"What am I here for?" He smirks, his hand reaching up to my face but I take a step back.

"Look at her, she looks like she's gonna shit herself." I hear a deep chuckle behind him, and I look and see that it's his little minion, Kian, grinning down at me.

Half of his hair has grown back and he doesn't have the white cast on his nose anymore.

Bummer.

I glare at him, before looking back at Killian, who continues to stare at me, his face straightened.

"You can't try anything..." I lick my dry lips. "Cuz.." I feel my throat dry out.

"Cuz I-I'm not coming back." I turn around, but suddenly feel his hard grasp on my wrist, and I purse my lips, trying to tug away.

A moment later it's our turn to order, and Cara turns to look at me.

Her eyes trails to my wrist, then to Killian and Kian.

"Uh.. hello?" She cocks a brow.

Killian's lips twitch up into smirk.

"Cara, right? Layla's told me so much about you." He tells her.

She looks at me for a moment, and I force on a smile. She turns to him again.

"Really? You guys friends or something?" She questions, I open my mouth but Killian lightly pinches my skin.

"Yeah, she–"

"Uh, excuse me?" The girl at the till calls out, irritated.

"Sorry." Cara quickly turns, making our order.

I quickly try to tug away, but Killian tightens his grip and pulls, causing me to crash into his chest.

He leans down so we're eye level and I scowl, my breath hitching slightly at the close proximity.

"Get off me." I hiss, craning my neck, making sure Cara's not looking, but then I feel a grasp on my chin, and I'm turned back to him, meeting his electrifying blue eyes.

"Maybe next time I should go a little harsher on you. You don't seem to realise who's boss here." He spits, his minty breath fanning my lips, his sharp jaw clenched.

I let out a breath, and his eyes drop down to my lips before my eyes again.

"Killian, p-please. I don't want a next time, I'm happy here and..." I trail off when his eyes darken further, and I gulp visibly.

"You belong to me." He growls and my eyes widen.

"I-I do not! I–" I let out a gasp, as he pulls away, his heavy form pushing me slightly, causing me to stumble back.