Chapter 31

Jack's POV
Flashback.

"Mama!" I jump in the middle of the living room. "Mama! I lost my tooth!" I continue jumping, pointing at my gap, with a huge grin.

"That's great, hunny!" She glances at me for a split second, before turning to Killian again, showing him something on her cellphone. She has black hair like me, with blue eyes.

I stare at them, but then feel a thump on my foot. "OWW!" I hiss. I look up and see dad smirking, he steps off my foot, and I grab it while jumping on one leg.

"Stop being such a wussy son." He chuckles.

I let go of my foot, crossing my arms.

"I'm not! Mama, daddy called me a wussy!" I moan and mum chuckles, shaking her head. Dad has blonde hair like Killian and also has blue eyes. He's really muscley too.

"Oh come on son, where's your backbone?" He whacks my back and I let out an oomph.

"Stop it daddy!" I growl and he laughs, ruffling my hair and I wave him off, with a scowl.

He sits on the couch, next to Killian, ruffling his hair.

"How'd you like to take over my business when you're older son?" He smirks down at Killian and his face lights up.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes." His head bobs up and down, vigorously.

Dad chuckles. "Alright then."

"Me too, daddy!" I jump up and down, excitedly.

"Oh, no son." He shakes his head. "This business needs one leader and I must pass it on to my oldest child." He smiles. "You wouldn't like it anyways, son. Trust me. This is Killian's type."

"Oh." I frown. "What can I do?"

He smirks. "For starters why don't you go get me a lighter from the drawer in the kitchen?"

"Okay." I nod.

"Mummy, daddy. I'm going to play cars upstairs now." Killian smiles.

Mum kisses his cheek. "Alright son, be down for lunch soon."

"Okay." He nods, and dad ruffles his hair.

Killian jumps off the couch and walks over to me. "Come upstairs after you get dad the lighter. We can play together." He smiles and I nod, smiling back.

He goes upstairs and I walk to the kitchen. The drawers a little too high for me, so I jump on my tippy-toes.

I pull it open but the oil above gets knocked over and spills all over the floor, making a loud thud and soaking my clothes.

"Oopsies." I put my hand over my mouth.

"Oh, Jack." I turn around to see mum, with her hands on her hips. Dad comes in, his brows shoot upwards when he sees the mess I've made.

"I'm sorry, mummy and daddy." I look down, my cheeks flushed.

"It's okay, son." Dad chuckles. He and mum, both walk over to me, stepping onto the oil.

Mum grabs some cloths and leans down, wiping at the oil, which will probably take half an hour to clean up.

Dad picks out the orange lighter, from the open drawer.