Chapter 60

Layla's POV

I blink away the sleep, as Luca begins to gently wipe away the makeup from my face, cleaning out the cuts too.

"How are you feeling?" He questions, as he glances at me.

I had woken up a few minutes ago to a white thick cast around my left side, the pain now less, but I still hadn't a shirt on, causing my cheeks to redden in embarrassment.

"I'm okay." I say, clearing my groggy throat and he smiles, nodding his head.

"I hoped you didn't mind that I put a sleeping drug in you before I treated you so you wouldn't feel pain." He says softly and I nod again, smiling back.

"Thanks." I shuffle slightly as he pulls away. "What time is it?"

"Nearly midnight."he says and I groan internally, not even tired anymore.

"You've lost a lot of weight, tesoro." His voice cuts me out of my thoughts and I glance up to see him pursing his lips.

"I know, I lose weight easily." I sigh.

"Its okay." He closes the box. "Just eat healthy from now on, all your meals, 5 a day and plenty of water."

"Are you a doctor?" I laugh and he chuckles.

"Yes, actually." He stands up and my eyes widen. "You're a pilot and a doctor?!" I exclaim and he laughs again.

"No big deal, tesoro." He says and I open my mouth just when his phone begins to ring.

Luca rolls his eyes as he declines it. "I have to go." He rakes a hand through his hair, tiredly.

"Do you like your job?" I ask and he shrugs.

"You can be a legal doctor and still earn lots or you could be a pilot."

"I know but–" he groans loud when the phone rings again and he snatches it out of his pocket, declining.

"I really have to go now, tesoro, stay in bed for a week, no big movements and I've also stitched up your lip a little, should go away in a week." He buttons his blazer up, heading to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow." He smiles before leaving.

I stare at the door for a moment my mind drifting over to the event that happened with Gareth the fricking buffalo, disgust and anger running through me.

My stomach begins to rumble and I groan, pushing the duvet off me. I slowly get off my bed wincing from the pain in my rib, I then make my way to the door but stop when I realise I have no shirt on. I groan again turning and making my way to the closet wincing every time I take a step.

I open it and see it's full of men clothes. I'm in Killians room.

Oh well.

I step into the wardrobe and begin to look for some cool stuff but all I see is button ups. I shove more away groaning, but also loving the scent the clothes–

"What are you doing?"

I whip my head back, my eyes meeting Killians bloodshot blue ones.