Chapter 38

Donald's POV

"Layla, please open the door.." I frown, twisting the knob for the hundredth time.

"She's still not up yet?" I turn at mum's voice, she had just come upstairs with a huge pile of blankets in her hand.

I shake my head. "She was upset again last night, I think she still misses Jack.." my frown deepens as I turn and knock again.

I hear mum place down the blankets before coming by my side.

"Layla, sweetheart?" She twists the knob.

"It's locked." I tell her and she frowns. "Layla?" She knocks repeatedly. But nothing.

"I'm getting worried, honey." She turns to me, her forehead creasing.

I swallow the lump in my throat, before banging harder. "LAYLA!"

Nothing.

I flip my phone out and click on her contact, before placing it against my ear. It begins to ring and then we hear the blast of her ringtone through the door.

"So she's definitely in there.." I wait for her to accept but she doesn't as her ringtone continues to blast.

I grit my teeth, before ending the call.

"Alright I have to break through the door." I crack my knuckles.

Mum steps aside, as I grasp the handle and then with full force, push.

The door flings open, slamming against the wall. I quickly enter and my heart drops when I see the window wide open.

I look around, clenching my jaw,

No..

I walk towards her bed and find her phone on the pillow. I could see what looked to be dry tears printed on her screen, and the anger rises in me.

I switch it on and a note pops up.

Hi, donld. I'm sry I hv to go. Pls dnt look me, I dn't kno how lng but Im goni mis so mch, I hop see u agin pls dnt forgot me,£I'm sl sory.zzz I misss donal

I read the note then I read it again as I feel the tears begin to burn my eyes.

I know exactly who's responsible for this.

It's that Kieran guy or whatever his fucking name is.

"Honey?" Mum places her hand on my arm, as she tiptoes to try and read the note.

I lean it down and show it to her, as I begin to shake with anger.

"He fucking took her." I growl, as a tear rolls down my cheek.

I feel her tense up as she looks up at me, her own eyes shining with tears.

"W-Who?"

"Kieran."

~~~~~~
"There is no evidence for this matter, therefore it shall be put on hold. If there is any hearing, please let us know." The bald, skinny officer then says looking up from his computer.