Chapter 44

Layla's POV

"Can we talk?"

Killian directs his gaze from his laptop and looks up at me, a smirk finding it's way to his lips and I scowl.

Yesterday Killian wouldn't stop acting like a vampire until I was on the verge of tears, after that I kicked his smelly butt out. I then began to sort all my stuff out and then I slept for a few hours.

"Sit." he pats his bed, as he closes his laptop.

I walk over to him, pushing my wet hair back before slowly throwing my legs over his bed, scooting closer to him.

I also woke up sweating to death and basically ran and had a cold shower for half an hour. I also ended up wearing a khaki coloured tank top and white shorts.

I stare at him expectantly and he just cocks a brow, as he stares back.

I roll my eyes. "Well, speak then." I snap, crossing my arms.

"You're the one who wanted to talk, love." he mused, his smirk widening.

I let out a grunt. "You know what I want to talk about! I want to know everything." I scowl and he smirks again.

"Alright then." he finally lets out a breath. "You're going to help me with--"

"No, not that. First you have to tell me about the favour." I whack the bed, with a growl.

I don't know... I think I'm starting my period.

He rolls his eyes, before throwing himself on his back. "Not today."

"Why not?" I practically yell and he quirks a brow.

"Love--"

"No. This isn't fair, I deserve to know everything, this is my life, I-I deserve to know!"

"You really want to know?" He rolls his eyes, sitting up again.

I give him a nod. "Then I'll be good for you and I'll help with everything."

His lips twitch up and he lets out a short chuckle, which causes my cheeks to flame red.

"What's funny?" I snap.

"You're on your period aren't you?" His smirk broadens.

"Please just tell me." I frown, crawling closer to him. "I swear I'll do everything for you."

He lets out another chuckle. "Alright," he then stares at me for a while. "Do you have any period... equipment?"

I shake my head. "Just buy me some pads, lots of chocolates and a hot water bottle?" I crawl closer to him.

"Sure thing." He smirks. "But a hot water bottle in this heat?"

"What am I supposed to use then? An icepack?" I groan.

"You'll be fine. Just drink lots of water."

"Does that help?" I look up at him, and see his eyes squinted.

"Yeah, it helps reduce... bloating."

"Are you on Google?" I crane my head, confirming my question.

"I drink two glasses a day." I tell him and he snorts.

"That's not enough and it's no wonder you have such bad cramps. Drink about five and you should be fine."

"I did that once I couldn't stop peeing." I roll my eyes.

He scoffs. "That's what you call healthy."

"No, it's called annoying." I roll my eyes.

"You need to start taking responsibility for your health, love, do you even eat fruit?"