Chapter 48

Killian's POV

I hear a soft groan beside me, and some shuffling causing my eyes to snap open, immediately greeting Layla's small form. Her back is pressed against the board, as she shuffles into a comfortable position.

She lets out another groan, as her hand makes it's way to her hair, pushing it away from her face, revealing her flushed cheeks, a small sweat bead trickling down her temple, her pouty lips, etched into a deep frown.

Probably not fully used to the temperature here, yet.

Her pink lips part slightly, as she lets out a small breath, rubbing her hand over her face, her big eyes wandering around the room, before making it's way to me and I quickly close my eyes shut.

I feel her presence coming closer, her arm slightly brushing over my sides, before, both disappearing.

I open them again, and immediately roll my eyes when I see my phone grasped in her small hands, as she begins to fumbles with it, switching it on, her brows furrowing and her pink lips pouting slightly, as she begins to tap away.

I tear my gaze off her cute face, dropping it to the phone, squinting as I try to get a better view of what she's doing. Sure enough she taps onto something, the background of candy crush filling the screen, and my lips tug up, in amusement.

Her one hand, begins to play, as her other hand raises up to her dark hair, running through the knots, her concentrated face still intact.

She is gonna kill me with her cuteness.

I continue to watch her play, her lips tugging up in a small smile, every now and then as she passes through a level.

My gaze flickers back to her face, just as her tongue pokes out, running along her bottom lip, before she gently bites it and I let out a groan, tearing my gaze off her.

She lets out a startled noise, the phone dropping from her hands and onto the bed with a bounce, whilst I push myself from my side and onto my back, running my hand through my hair.

"Oh, hey, I just woke up too."

I can't help the chuckle that escapes my lips, as I shake my head.

"I actually– wait is this your phone?" She chuckles, nervously, and I crane my neck to her just when she picks up the phone, scooting closer to me, her cheeks now fully flushed.

"I don't know how this got here, not like I went on it or anything." She places it over my torso, letting out another chuckle, whilst reaching up and scratching her chin.

"You sure?" I cock a brow, as I give her a small smirk. Her eyes widen, and she shakes her head, her long hair, flowing with the act. "No, I swear. I literally just woke up."

She's a terrible liar.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes, before grabbing the phone, and switching it on, candy crush immediately popping up.

I glance at her to see her bunching her hair up whilst mumbling something to herself.

I shake my head in amusement, as I click off it and go over to my messages, where a few pop up from Mike.

We've got the file back, and found his location. 10:48am

Ok, where is he? 10:51am

I type back, I see Layla's head turn towards me, and then she shuffles closer, her head bending down as she too looks at the screen.