Chapter 17

Layla's POV

It's been half an hour and my left hand is beginning to fall asleep.

Yes I'm sitting on it.

I glare at the side of Donald's face and he shifts uncomfortably.

"I'm going as fast as I can!"

"Alright. Just don't blame me when you have a gallon amount of blood on your seat."

His eyes widen. His mouth opening and closing like a fish, then he groans. "Can you just stop that for a while?!"

I raise a brow. "Sure let me just get my period remote." I say sarcastically, grabbing my invisible remote
"Pause. There you go."

He huffs, speeding up a little and I roll my eyes.

Leaning slightly forward, I turn on the music. Sick boy by chainsmokers, filling in the quiet atmosphere.

"So, mind explaining?" He asks after a moment and I groan, facing the window as a yawn escapes my mouth.

"Later." I mumble, my eyelids beginning to droop.

Few minutes later he speaks again. "You've been in there for like four days." He states and after some silence he says. "So... your parents are involved in this?"

I nod. "They planned the whole thing, Donald, they-they sold me."

"Oh?" His voice comes out surprised, as he gives me a glance.

"Yeah.." my voice grows quiet, my face sinking. "They really do hate me."

Donald places a hand on my shoulder, his other hand on wheel.

"They have no reason to." He says softly.

I don't respond and Donald gives me another glance.

"I think you should know that you're transferred out of school."

"What?" My eyebrows furrow, turning to him once again.

He gulps. "Yeah.. your parents called in saying you left to live with your grandparents in America."

I don't respond and continue to stare at my lap, emotionlessly.

"What happened to your face?" He growls, and I look at him to see his jaw clenching.

"Kian hurt me."

"Kian?" He growls. "The guy who kidnapped you?"

I shake my head, slightly. "He works for him, I helped him, but it was a plan. Heidi hit my head, I woke up in a car and Kian kept hitting me so I hit him back." I give a small smile at the memory.

Donald kisses his teeth. "What a pussy." He shakes his head and I laugh. "What did you do to him then?" He then smirks.

"I poked his eyes, broke his nose and ripped his hair out."

His eyes widens and he lets out a whistle. "Wow." He then laughs and I laugh too.

"Goodnight." I then turn my head to the window, slumping, and closing my eyes.