Chapter 4

The work day was going by so slow. Lunch took forever to get here and we were starving. Even tho I snacked all day, I still wanted food. A buffalo chicken sandwich with cheesy crab fries to be specific. Kota was in a meeting so left the office for lunch. Mina was in the city so we had lunch.

"Ms. Cortèz, your sister is here." Any from the front desk called.

"Thanks Amy. Be right down." I gathered my stuff and left. I sent Dakota a text saying I was going to lunch with Mina. When I got down stairs I seen Mina and Reese.

"Hey sissy. Hey bruh bruh. What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I need to talk to Kota like ASAP. Is he busy?" He said while looking around.

"Yeah he's in a meeting. Is everything okay? You don't look good. Come on. Come to lunch with us. Mina you remember Tyrese, Dakota's brother." She nodded.

"Ummm. Okay but Aurora I have to talk to him as soon as possible. It's about the company." I know it's serious because as long as I've know Reese, he had never ever called me Aurora.

After lunch he seemed to calm down but you could tell he was still on edge. My phone started ringing. It's Dakota.

"Hey baby."

"Aurora is Tyrese with you?"

"Yeah bae why? What's wrong?"

"Where are you? I'm getting in the car now!" I could here him running. It was making me worried.

"Wwwwe we at Grace's. On 29th and Wester."

"I'll be right there. Rory I love you." And with that he hung up. I looked back at the phone. He had me scared. Less than 5 mintues later the storm that's was King Pin Kota blow in and grabbed Reese. Nobody said a word til they left.

"What the hell was that Rory?" I looked at Mina.

"That was the other side of Dakota, Kota. Me and him we not cool like that." I laughed at myself til I seen her face. Since I was born Mina and I have always been close. She's the only one out of my siblings that knows about Dakota's other business. Her eyes got big and she grabbed her stuff.

"Let's go."

"But Mina-"

"I said let's go Aurora!" Me being all pregnant, I started to cry.

"Ooook Amina." I got my stuff and paid for lunch. We rode back to the office, in silence. I was still crying. Dakota with Reese and their mess then Mina yelling at me. The tears just kept flowing. I hate being so emotional.

I took the rest of the day off. Next stop nap time in my own bed.

*******

Mina's picture is up