Chapter 10

It's been a week since we seen Kota. For some reason Embry has been really quiet lately. So we gonna have mommy/daughter time. Kaneesha came and got Zek. I'm off to get Bru from preschool.

"Hey Rory. Your here early." Casey at Embry's preschool says.

"Yeah came to get my baby and take her out. You know I just had my son." I loved talking bout my kids.

"Oh yeah Bry was telling us. Zek right?" I nodded as she continued. "I'm sorry about their dad too." That part took me by surprise. I was shocked.

"Ummm yeah. Is Embry ready or can I go back there?" I asked wanting to get away from her.

"Go head back." I left without another word. Waking down the hall I think of how Zek is gonna have so much fun here. Embry loves her school. She always wants to come even on the weekend. Finally at room 12A, I look thru the window and knock in the door.

"Come in." Miss Gracie calls. I brought her a Giftcard to bath & body works because Bry loves her. The got the kids mini cupcakes.

"Mommy!!" Was all I heard as I walked in.

"Hey baby," I gave her a kiss. "Miss Gracie. Hey class." They all said their hellos.

"Class, Embry's mom has brought you something. So what do you say?" Gracie said to them.

"Thank you!" I laughed.

"Your welcome." I walk over to the teacher and give her the cupcakes and card.

"Oh thank you. But you didn't have too." She says.

"It's okay. Enjoy. Bye everybody. Come on Bry."

"Bye everybody. Bye Miss Gracie." she hugged her and we left.

Our first stop was to Embry's favorite spot in the whole world, well maybe second favorite. Alex & Lexie's, it's a children's clothing and toy store.

"Oh mommy!" Bry screamed in the backseat.

"You wanna go in?" I already know he answer. Thanks to her daddy this store is our favorite store. Her and Zek get all their clothes from here.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Plese?" I laughed as we got out the car.

"Hey Rory. Hey Embry." Macy the store owner says. We have became good friends. From being in here so much and Kota giving her alittle loan to get it started. Her and I hug and she picks up Bry. "Where's my little husband?" we laugh.

"He's with his grandma for the day. It's just us two for today." I tell her.

"Okay good. We just gotta whole new shipment in last night. I'm still going thru it. Bry wanna help?" Macy ask her.

"Oh yes. Mac I wanna play dress up." My baby answers back. We laugh.

"Okay Baby Bry. Let's go try on some clothes while mommy goes next door and gets her nails done." She looks at me and I smile. They doesn't seem like a bad idea.

"Thanks Macy. Bry I'll be right back be good for Mac." I say as she blows me a kiss.

"Otay mama." She runs off in the back behind Macy. It's not often I get time to myself.

The nail salon was empty. Thank god. I was not in the mood to wait. I got a pedicure with a glass of wine. Got my polish changed on my nails too. The Nail Spot is my favorite salon. About an hour & a half later I was done.

"Hey guys. I'm back." I say whole walking in the store. I didn't see anybody and it was super quiet. "Embry?" I listen nothing. "Macy?" again nothing. My heart started to race as I ran towards the back. I seen Kelsey, the cashier, behind the counter. I'm not sure if she's alive but she not moving. Tears come to my eyes.

I slowly walked to the back with my phone in my hand. I just keeping thinking what's happened? What if Macy is die too? What if something happened to Bry?

It's still so quiet in the store it's really killing my nerves. The back room was a mess. Boxes of clothes everywhere. Clothes and toys all over the floor like there was a fight. Then I seen the blood. My heart stopped. I heard a soft cry.

"Mac, is that you?" I said in a whisper. I started picking up the clothes looking for the noise. I came across Macy. Embry is not back here.

"Macy where's Embry? Where's my baby?" I ask her helping her sit up. Her face was messed up and she was shot.

"I don't know. They took her." She answered. What?!?

Where's my daughter?