Chapter 10: Red Assassin

The mall massacre was what Gemma called heart warming and it still, BLAMM GUNSHOT. .. ongoing.

Gemma was engaged in 4 vs 1 fight. Security officers charged in from all directions. She waited patiently until the last moment and jumped to the batton holders chest and used it as a launch pad to backflip to the one who charged from behind. The white coated assassin stabbed the security on the shoulders and used her body weight to pull him down.  The first one came again, full speed, Gemma took out a silver throwing star and aimed for his eye. As the shuriken whizzes through the air, Gemma squatted to stab the  two batton wielding gaurd in the genitals then went for the chest.  The shuriken had hit an eye and now madly wailing gaurd was running towards her. She put away her bloody kunai and took out her white katana. The man stopped and dropped dead. Zuri pulled back her blood stained kunai from the corpse
"Rude. That was my kill, moment"she complained. Zuri aimed her pistol at Gemma and fired, delivering a clean headshot to a butcher holding a butcher knife behind Gemma.
"I didn't see a belongs to Gemma Cortez sign" Zuri countered.

The sound of sirens was but a distant sound among the shrieks of terror and pain. Blood flew passionately across the floor, splattering where it pleased and pleased Gemma and Zuri where ever it splattered. Security reinforcements poured in and from the corner of her eye Gemma caught a flash of red. Then saw Lucifer video recording this. From above the sound of a sword,  katana was heard. Zuri evaded it swiftly and the figure wearing a red assassins coat attacked Gemma. Their blades clashed,  red against white.  The black assassin was out of ammunition and watched as the red and white assassins danced with their blades that whispered a deadly tune as they hummed through the air. The guards surrounded them and watched in enchantment.  A dodge,  cut, flip, slice sweep, block until their blades were on each others necks.
"Hello, Kayla" the red assassin greeted and judging by the voice the ninja was male

"Who is that" Gemma asked in a low monotonous voice
"You dont fool me Kayla, Kate" he growled pressing the cold red blade against her neck and she did the same.
"You are in the wrong place Mr" she informed him
"You're not Kayla,  Kate?" His voice was one of surprise as he retracted the blood blade back into the crimson coat. He darted away with blurr speed.

The spell was broken and the gaurds continued charging.
"Yin its time" Zuri yelled one of their many assassin names.
"Do it Blackblade" Gemma yelled back and Zuri threw a grenade instantaneously to distract the puplic as they escaped.

*****************************************

Zuri squeezed the warm towel and dabbled it on Gemma's wound that was a horizontal line from the back of her neck to under her right eye.
"Oww" Gemma complained "the towel is too hot"
"Im not the one who said get attacked" Zuri defended
"Im not the one who said watch"
"Im only trying to help, take this as a payment for the time you stitched my foot" the scar still visible like it was done yesterday. A knock on thr door made them jump.  "Everything okay girls?" Mr Nyx asked in a muffed voice
"Yeah dad" Zuri answered
"Ok dinner in five"

"What happened. In the moment I mean" Zuri asked as she continued cleansing the wound
"It was a matter of false identification"
"You dont say hey"
"Yea he was looking for Kayla, Kate"
"Now lets plaster this and..." she applied the elastoplaster
"Thanks"
"What are friends for? No problem"
Gemma opened her arms to give Zuri a tender embrace. They then left for dinner.

Seven o'clock news attracted them like moths to light. The teenagers heats jumped to their throat. In tonight's top stories,  The Mayberry mall massacre 57 casualties and 148 paralysis injuries. YouTube addict dies. Polony taken off the shelves.  Takeoffs album launch: Sleeping Giant.

The sound of plates and spoons was the only other sound save for the T.V talking.  The doppelgangers locked gazes, eyes glintering in the dimly lit  dinner room. Fear.
"What happened to you Gemma whats with the plaster?" Mr. Nyx popped the question
"Then tried to mug us but Zuri was there for me" Gemma lied quickly
"Oh my. You ok no major damage was done I hope"
"No none at all"
"You two are really lucky to have each other as friends.  Sometimes I look at your friendship its like you're really close sisters. You two keep that friendship going"

The footage was played and judging from the angle it was Lucifer who recorded it ... could have been that freak. Luckily none of their faces were shown and it was announced that the three assassins are wanted.
They are chasing ghosts. Even if they do see us, what gives them the audacity to think they are gonna catch US .

Dinner ended as quickly as it had began. The girls headed up to sleep while Mr. Nyx washed the dishes. They closed the windows and curtains,  preventing the winds of the cloudless and moonless night from entering. They clambered atop the bed. Gemma hugged Zuri. Zuri hugged Gemma in silence and darkness they looked at each other until sleep took over them for the night.

Thank you for reading.  Hope you enjoyed and look forward to the next one. We are writing test this week 13/03/2018 wish me luck. Please comment and share

Stay safe assassins you NEVER know ♡♥♡♥