Chapter 32: Bad ass

Gemma gaped at the sword glimmer in the moonlight. Zuri discreetly came out the back door and joined Gemma, googling at the sword.
"Dad is gone, he said we'll continue the talk properly tomorrow so we better not sleep forever."
"Zuri, he wants me to be his assassin." Gemma whispered. Zuri didn't hear a thing, that sword was just too shiny. Gemma thought for a moment before replying.
"I ... I honestly don't have a problem with killing people for you or whatever, only if I get to do it with Zuri."
Lucifer gave a curt nod and split the sword in two, the second one was an amazing inky black color.
"What do we get in return?" Zuri asked before she took the murder weapon.
"My protection and assistance in handling your beastly sides."
Gemma looked at Zuri who gave a reluctant nod.
"We accept." She replied and they snatched  their new katanas to swing them around in the air. Lucifer bowed before he walked away. Without looking back he spoke in a serious yet calm tone.
"Oh Gemma, its because I like you. I helped you because I like you." And he was gone, back into the dead of night.

Zuri gazed at her sister in awe.
"Did the devil just say he likes you?" Clearly Gemma was still starstruck herself. "Listen, it all happened so fast. There was the killing and the ice-cream tub and he snuck into my room at midnight, we almost had sex and ... its a long story." She sighed and added
"And the worst part is that I have feelings for that bitch as well."
"What? Wow back up at a little sis. You almost had sex?" Zuri didn't believe this
"There is no such thing as almost having sex, was it in or not?" Her voice had a sense of irritation. The brown haired Gemma ambled towards the house while the brown haired Zuri was speaking.
"Gemma! You think I was joking when I promised you I'd lose my virginity before you?" She scoffed.
"Zuri. We were ten years old." She reminded as she swung the door open
"I'm keeping that promise  'sis." She chased after her, into the house frustrated at the level of calm her sister was showing.
"Hey Z, we should practice with these." Gemma suggested from the flight of stairs to Zuri who was still closing the kitchen door and locked it.
"After school tomorrow G." Zuri concluded.
"Hopefully we dont wake up dead." Gemma smiled at Zuri after sheathing her new sword in her assassins coat. She pulled the covers over her head and slipped into her dreams of dead bodies and blood colored skies.

                              ***       

The morning light seeped into the room, Gemma rolled to evade the light. The bed was more spacious than she was expecting and she woke up with a gasp.
"Zuri!" She yelled only to be answered by complete silence. She called again but there was even more silence than before. She jumped out of bed, zoomed down the stairs into the kitchen.
"Zuri!" She called out. Still no response, she searched the living room. No Zuri.
"Where is she?" Gemma panicked then sat down and thought. Calming herself down, she subconsciously turned on the T.V that automatically boomed, vibrating the windows. Gemma turned down the annoying volume and continued thinking.
" ... minister of safety and security promises to invest in investigating further as this has become a threat to the country. Although the identities of the so called power wielders are yet unknown and their faces are too bloody and ugly to be identified, we ask all citizens to be on the alert and contact the the police or any special forces ..." she switched it off in anger.
"Zuri!!!!" She marched to the door leading to the flower filled backyard and swung it open.

Sniffing the air cautiously infront of her was a reptile no bigger than a human, a long powerful tail swooshed around in the air. It had a green line running from its tail, through the flank and ending near its yellow narrowed eyes. It unleashed a shrill shriek as it swivelled its head in Gemma's direction.
"What's a... what's a velociraptor doing in the backyard."
The raptor eyed her and took a step towards her, its tail swinging and swooshing the air.
"Stay back!" Gemma warned stepping back into the safety of the house, shutting the door behind her. The door was torn off its hinges and reduced to splinters as the powerful raptor burst in and gave a shriek.

Gemma dashed for the stairs but the raptor clamped its jaws shut around her shirt and swung her effortlessly into the wall. She hit the wall and landed with a thump, the raptor towered over her before she could get up on her feet again.
"Again with the failure, where is this curse when I need it!?" She fumed. The raptor closed the space between them forcing Gemma to take in its foul stench and look into its egg yellow eye, nudging its scaled face in her's. Gemma stared into the slit of the eye as the velociraptor put its foot of her and opened its mouth to give off a shriek.

Gemma let out a groan as the three toed foot pressed on her stomach. Her brain unearthed a shocking memory, a recent memory and Gemma dared to speak as she was being squashed.
"Zuri?" She asked. The raptor slowly backed away and barked a rusty bark.
"Oh no. Zuri you're a prehistoric lizard? We have to go schooling, change back." Gemma shrieked. It let out a deep threatening pur before bolting out the destroyed door. Kayla gave a scoff and followed the dinosaur
"Where is she going?" Panick struck and fear gripped her heart, her eyes layed on the raptor. It balanced itself accordingly before shattering the neighbours kitchen window followed by ear splitting cries of horror.  Relentlessly Gemma followed into the house via the window.

A trail of blood was splattered across the white tiled kitchen floor, the woman's body was gone. The raptor dug its head in, tearing off chuncks of meat then stopped to sniff the air. A few seconds of silence was shattered by the green streaked velociraptor's attack, running up the stairs
"Call animal control!" Spoke a teenager
"Franklin, its a dinosaur." A ten year old responded. That gave her enough time to jump onto the ten year-old, hook its toe-claw into his eye and devour parts of his body and enough time for the teen to run and scream louder than any siren.

The raptor abandoned the body, oozing blood and missing a heart, part of a face and arm. It ignored Gemma who now stood behind her and focused completely on the sobbing wimpy boy who was using a pillow as a shield.

"Help me, please!" He begged Gemma. The raptor tapped its toe-claw against the wooden bedroom floor as if it were knocking. With one spine tingling raptor cry, it was on him and devouring him in seconds.

Once again thanx for stopping by and reading lovely wattpadders. It means a lot to me. Hope you enjoyed as much as I did. Please comment and share with others who might love it.

STAY SAFE ASSASSINS you never know