Chapter 50: Rumors

The massacre is complete and all the members of the 360Death squad disband. Blanc followed closely behind the Astra, uncertain what to do next. The Astra climb hills, wade through lakes of lava using their almighty black orbs. Blanc stalks the conversation.

"Did you hear? Nefariette is coming back to her kingdom soon." One male Astra begins.

"You lie. Keep up with the news. One of the destined twins were killed recently. Apparently it's Gemma." The female Astra spews the facts. The male widens his lamp shaped eyes.

"Gemma? What? Dead? Killed by Zuri herself? No way. This better not be a demon scam." He warns, narrowing his eyes.

"One of my Sij caught it live for me. Wish to watch the fight?" She asks, he nodded. They sit upon a hill, Blanc invisible to them. The black orb which Blanc assumed are the Sij spread wide and began playing a past event. Blanc watches the fight play out. Swords clashing, girls transforming, emotions more intense than the archdemon's flames.

"Gemma ran out of energy because she went into her extreme demon animal. That means she is still stronger than Zuri." The guy Astra smirks. The girl Astra scoffs.

"In a fair fight. Zuri would have more stamina than Gemma. Besides Zuri is more heartless." She corrects. The male puts his hand on his chin.

"I wonder what The Keepers Of Truth will do about this? It goes against the prophesy."

"Maybe Gemma faked her death. Lets go visit The Ink Pool. I wonder what Zuri is up to?"
He shrugs in agreement, he had nothing better to do. Blanc decided to tail them, seeing there was nothing to do. This part of the underworld was dead. They walk and debate endlessly between who is actually stronger between the two twins. It irks the demons out of Blanc but suppresses the anger. Letting it boil.

Volcanic eruptions are encouraged, jumping over white lava lakes is a sport, fire breathing demons dual each other on the edge of Hell's gate. First one in, dies. Necks on the line, bidding for the winner. Blanc follows the glowing beings closer than before as they wade through the hottest lava as if it was cool water, kinda like Blanc did. They stop at a black bottomless pool that plays images, moving images. Blanc's eyes land on the killer girl called Zuri. She is angered by the fact that she has lost her belovèd sister called Gemma.

"The prophesy said they would awaken Nefariette. The true ruler of the underworld and hell. Life would be a living nightmare under her plutocracy." A phantom canine spoke. A demon eyed the ghost wolf.

"Where is Nefariette's body anyway?" It asks. The phantom replies.

"It's said to be at the center of Hell. Her burning passion to make her presence known to all is what fuels those flames. They have grown weaker under Lucifer's rule." It huffs before continuing.

"The flames of Hell were once so hot they nearly wiped out the world of the living. Volcanic eruptions killed off most living things. They were once so hot, the underworld was like Hell itself. I got so close my fur was singed off and I'm only a spirit. Her flames are deadly, poisonous to any being. Anything. That is why Nefariette cant come back by all means possible." 

The words of the experienced wise wild wolf send tingles down Blanc's spine. This Nefariette is a serious deal. Powerful not to mention. Was the 360death squad going to be forced to fight such a mighty goddess? Was anyone safe from this unrivaled Nefariette?