Conservative Memory

Wiv was in the female dressing room of the gym, dressing in regulation exercise clothing. It was early in the morning, only 0600. Today, the 29th of November, was especially hard on her. Precisely 15 years ago, at the age of 18, she fled from her home world after she left the family house.

The Security Chief stepped into the gym area, finding that her Captain had even risen earlier than she had for a morning exercise in the gym.

The Vulcan was training his stomach muscles by doing sit-ups. And his entire torso was naked. Traces of his Hatorian ancestry were completely visible, the marks of a warrior.

The Klingon female was frozen for a small moment, overwhelmed by the smell of a male warrior. It were her hormones, of course, trying to attract a mate.

Then, the male spotted her. "Ah, Commander Wiv. I had not expected you. I suppose you are here to shake something from your mind?"

"I assume you have read my personal files." Wiv said as the male warrior rose from the mat he had been sitting on.

"I read everything I can on my staff, especially senior officers. It has been 15 years ago."

The Klingon female nodded. "I still remember my father's outrage..."

*//*

A still male Wiv had gathered enough courage to tell his father about what he wanted to do, which meant he couldn't become a warrior for the Empire. The internal debate had been long and full of pain, but the solution had been found.

Nu'Daq went to the living room, where his father was downing another cup of bloodwine. It was something he hadn't stopped drinking since the day his wife died aboard a vessel fighting the Federation.

"Father, I need to tell you something." he said.

"What is it, son?" the man asked, slightly sad.

The younger one took a deep breath. "I have decided what I want to do. But you're not gonna like it one bit. I'm going to Earth, to become a woman and to join Starfleet."

The warrior's eyes narrowed and darkened. "You're gonna transform yourself in *hic* a female? What's *hic* wrong with being male?!"

"This body doesn't feel right. I can't be myself!" Nu'Daq yelled. "And you're drunk, again!"

"At least I'm not bringing *hic* dishonor on my *hic* house!" Kor was swinging with the cup, throwing it in the direction of his son. But he missed gravely, as his aim was off.

The younger man looked at the rolling cup. "I'm outta here!" and he left, for good.

*//*

"I do not believe many others would have done what you did." the Vulcan said, pulling her back into reality. "But you have to know, being transgender is no shame."

"That's it on Earth, but not on Kronos. If I'm coming anywhere near there again, I'm to be killed on sight." the Commander said, slightly growling.

"Withhold the growl of your voice, Commander." the Captain said, his voice authoritive.

"Can you even understand what I feel?! From what I understand of Hatorian biology, you lack the ability of feeling!" the Klingon roared.

The half-Hatorian roared right back, grabbing the woman by her waist before trashing her to the ground.

Wiv got straight up again, attacking the other warrior with all her strength.