Ch.10 Denial

Fan art: Eden Daphne

Marinette was lying in her bed, thinking about what Alya had said. Could she do it? If she wasn't stuttering around him anymore, could she ask him to a movie? What was the worst that could happen? Her friendship with Adrien ruined, he never wants to speak to her again and he starts dating Chloe. She groaned and rolled her face into her pillow.

"Marinette, what's got you so down?" Tikki asked

"I will never be able to ask Adrien out to the movies. He will marry Chloe bourgeois and my life will be over." Marinette said.

"Oh Marinette, i doubt that will happen!" Tikki said.

"What makes you so sure?" She asked.

"Well, for one, I've seen the way Adrien looks at Chloe. He only thinks of her as a friend. Furthermore, you've become more confident around him. Just wait for the right moment and ask him. I sure he will say yes." Tikki encouraged.

"How when I know when the right moment is?" Marinette asked.

"Trust yourself," tikki said.

The next day at school, Alya was talking to Marinette about the ladybug and ladybug.

"Girl, I have the craziest scoop" Alya Said.

"What is it?" Marinette asked

"Every other night or so, ladybug and cat noir, are up to do something fun together, almost like... a date!" Alya Said.

Marinette couldn't believe her ears.

"A date?" She asked

"Yeah, i need to capture one of these dates and put it on the lady blog. My fans will love it!" Alya Said.

"How do you know they hang out every other night or so?" Marinette asked

"What were they doing?" Marinette asked.

"It seemed as if they were racing. They looked like they were having a lot of fun." Alya Said.

"I'm sure," Marinette said.

"Well, I saw them, but my phone was dead so I couldn't record it" Alya replied

"Hey guys," a voice said. They turned and saw Adrien and Nino walking towards them.

"Guys, you ain't believe the scoop I've got" Alya Said, but just them Ms Bustier walked in and they had to pay attention to class.

"Alright class, for our new project, we are going to be writing a presentation in someone that inspires you. You will be working in pairs. I have chosen the groups. Chloe and Sabrina, Juleka and rose, Alex and Kim, Alya and Nino, Marinette and Adrien..." Marinette stopped listening after that. She was going to be doing a project with Adrien. ADRIEN. Adrien turned around and faced her.

"So, do you want to meet up at the library at lunch to discuss the project?" Adrien asked.

"Yeah sure, is love too," Marinette said. She couldn't concentrate for the rest of the class.

When the lunch bell rang, Marinette made her way to the library but stopped right outside the door.

"you can do this..." She mumbled to herself before entering the library. Adrien was sitting in the library waiting for her.

"Hey, Marinette!" He said once he saw her.

"Hey, Adrien!" She said.

She sat down next to him.

"So, who do you want to do? Is there anyone that inspires you?" Adrien asked.

"Well, a lot of people inspire me, I'm not sure I could pick just one. How about you?" Marinette asked.