Ch.22 Imagination

Fan art artist: SASAKI-NH

Adrien got home and smiled. The storm had been brutal that night, but it was worth it to see Marinette, her smile was so kind and warm, and that was only a tiny piece of the Cake. But Marinette's words were still in his thoughts. What if Ladybug showed interest? When he thought about it, his relationship with ladybug had never been better, but she had been acting with what seemed to be more than just friendship. Could it be true? Could ladybug have feelings for him?

Adrien shook his head. What was he thinking? It was his imagination, making something appear where there wasn't anything. It was true that there was a part of his heart that still belonged to his lady, but he had Marinette now, and what he said was the truth; he wouldn't betray her even if she developed feelings for him. It did make him wonder though, what did she think of him? A partner? A friend, or something more... Adrien sighed.

"Thinking about your precious princess?" Plagg asked.

"Is it that obvious?" Adrien asked.

"Yup. But something else is bothering you," Plagg Said.

"What do you mean?" Adrien asked.

"You're thinking about your lady, or more specifically, what Marinette said about her," Plagg Said.

Adrien sighed.

"Do you think it could be true?" He asked.

"I don't know kid, what do you think?" Plagg asked.

"I think I'm overthinking it. She sees me as a friend and a partner, nothing more. Marinette's words just got me thinking about it that all. My imagination is just overreacting," Adrien said.

Plagg inwardly groaned. He was hoping that Adrien would be able to put the pieces together. I mean how hard was it to make the link with ladybug and Marinette? To the normal person, he could See why it was more difficult, but for heaven's sake, he was in a relationship with her as Marinette and was her partner whom he saw every day as Ladybug! It couldn't be more obvious unless you smacked him in the face with it! Adrien spoke up again.

"I better go to bed, I have school tomorrow. Good night Plagg," he said.

"Goodnight Adrien," He said.

He wondered how long this love square would last. It was only a matter of time before one of them revealed their identities to each other. He could imagine how stupid they would feel knowing they were literally right in front of each other the whole time. This love Square was reeking havoc on both of their hearts, and he wanted their suffering to end, so their hearts could be whole again, and not split between two people who the same person. Their love square aside, he also wanted it to end so he could be reunited with tikki. He missed holding her at night. He curled up into a ball, and let himself fall asleep, wishing tikki was there so he could hold her.

The next morning when Marinette arrived at school, Alya was there waiting for her.

"Well this is a surprise, you're on time!" Alya laughed.

Marinette laughed with her, and they walked into the school building. When they entered they headed towards their lockers, where they found Adrien and Nino.

"Hey Nino, Hey Adrien!" Marinette said

"Hey, guys!" Alya said.

"Hey, Marinette! Hey Alya!" Nino said, walking towards Alya and giving her a kiss on her cheek. They are so cute!

"Hey Marinette, Hey Alya!" Adrien said.  When Marinette looked at him, she saw it again, the look of love and adoration. When he looked at her like that, he reminded her of Cat Noir. When she thought about it, they did have similar features. Piercing green eyes, soft blonde hair...