Run Deep

"Outside? Babe why didn't you say you were coming?" I asked then sighed seeing Chris stand off the couch and walk towards the spare bedroom before disappearing into it

"Damn I surprise you and this the response I get. you ain't happy i'm here?" he sounded upset, but I knew he was joking.

"No. no its not that. It's just... i'm not at my apartment, I stayed at sevyn's last night. I mean I could get up and go pick up my car then meet you where ever you are?" I rushed the last sentence.

"Pick up your car? Why you ain't drive it?" He questioned making me more nervous about lying right now. "Uhh, we went out and then went to her place, neesha drove." I explained and he let out a short "oh".

"Alright imma go hit up scooter, hurry baby I only got one day in town." I smiled a little at him calling me baby... I liked the way he said it.

"I will, I promise. Bye" I let out then waited for him to say it back before I cut the call and laid back sighing.

"You're leaving?" I stood in front of Chris as he sat fixing his shoes on.

"Yeah. I got stuff to do." He answered tightly, which made me feel a little on edge... 10 minutes ago he was confessing his love for me, now all of a sudden he was angry again.

"Are you mad at me?.." I trailed off looking at the side of his face and intently at his jaw when he moved his mouth to speak.

"I want to go soon. To richmond." He said avoiding the question instead of just saying yes.

"Chris, I don't know. I have to work." He looked away from me then stood up, walking past me.

"I'm going to get the jet to take us first thing tuesday." He said getting closer to the door then met eyes with me once more before he walked out.

I stared at the door after he left as if he was going to magically reappear. I need to talk to mijo.

"Hello?" I heard him say into the phone, clearly he was still sleeping and I'd woke him.

"...M, can you talk." I asked and heard him huff slightly.

"Yeah, what's up Kaye?" He was moving around and I heard a door shut in his background before I spoke.

"He knows M. Chris, he knows about Asia, he hates me I know he hates me." I said into the receiver as tears cascaded from my eyes. I've been such a cry baby recently. Mijo sighed loudly on the other end.

"Kaye don't cry. He don't hate you alright, he might be mad as fuck right now but that nigga could never hate you... What he do when you told him?" He asked and I wiped my face.

"A lot. I didn't even tell him, he found her birth certificate in my drawer and just flipped out, cursed me out...cried." I explained leaving out the fact that he chucked me out.