Access Denied

My eyes slowly opened and I met the face of a white well groomed, seemed to be middle aged man

My eyes slowly opened and I met the face of a white well groomed, seemed to be middle aged man. I squinted from the amount of light in the room and in a sudden rush everything started coming back to me.

Chris and Corey's fight, my waters breaking. I started to panic and looked around hastily. I couldn't feel anything, there wasn't 1 ounce of pain in my body. I'm in labour I should feel something. But no nothing.

"She's up, call in Dr Baker" the man said looking away from me.

"What's going on? I can't feel anything, why can't I feel anything." I asked with tears already rolling down my face.

"Everything is fine Ms King, we just had to give you with some very strong pain killers. " He explained and I found myself relaxing little. My heart was beating so fast.

I watched the man I guessed was Dr Baker walk in and stand by my bed with a small smile.

"Ms King. I'm so glad you're up" he said warmly.

"What's going on why did I black out. I'm not due for another month and a half." I asked. I was so scared. Where's Michael- I wanted him here.

"I understand you've had quite a high risk pregnancy, unfortunately you broke the stress threshold on your body and your child which ultimately caused your waters to break early. I've done some tests and luckily can still have a natural birth so that's good news, but once the pain killers we've already given you wear off we can't give you anymore so if you would like to opt out and have a C section then now is the best time to say so." I took his words in and shook my head.

"No I want a natural birth, but I'm scared doc are you sure he'll be okay? I asked thinking of the stress pushing would put on my premature baby, and he smiled warmly.

"I'm almost certain you and baby will be just fine. You're 7cm dilated so when you get to 10cm we can go ahead and start pushing, but I have to warn you the pain killers will be wearing off and contractions will hit you like a tonne of bricks, but until then, we wait." He said making my heart beat faster than before I needed to calm down.

"You got a few visitors outside. Should I send them in?" He asked and I thought about it before I nodded slowly.

He walked out after saying he'd be back to check on me. About 20 seconds after he walked out the door flew open to reveal mama J and Michael. Michael walked over to me first and immediately leaned forward to crash his lips against mine. I felt tears fall from my eyes and he pulled back to wipe them.

"Stop crying. You're fine, the baby's fine. Don't cry." He said with a husky voice. I nodded staring into his round brown eyes.

"Imma go I think she wants to talk to you. I'll come back when ya'll done iight?" He said referring to mama j and I sighed nodding then watched him get up and walk out of the hospital room.