Training

Scarlett's POV

I woke up to Jeremiah shaking in his sleep. I turned over to face him to see him in a restless nightmare. I shook him lightly and his eyes snapped open a moment later.

"Hey. Hey. I'm here," I said and I stroked his cheek lightly. He calmed down when he focused on my presence and pulled me close.

"Jerome.. I had the one thing he didn't. And then he took that too"

"What did he take?"

"You," he said softly. I looked into his eyes to see that he was genuine. I ran my hand through his hair and smiled weakly.

"Jerome and I... We were in love, yes. But he is too destructive and crazy. Yes, he is trying to take over Gotham which for some reason I didn't have a problem with, but he's so disorganized and him or I will end up getting hurt and he won't care. He won't care if it costs my life, and that's not love," I explained.

"That's on him. If I were Jerome... I'd always put you first. My plans don't mean anything to me if you're not in them," he paused and looked puzzled for a moment before shaking his head. "I mean... hypothetically. I am nothing like Jerome"

I couldn't help but feel a slight ache in my chest. I like a bit of crazy, but I would never admit it.

"Of course, Jeremiah," I sighed. I looked at the window to see the sun coming up. "You rest. I'm going to train for a little while"

"Okay," he said and I started to get up when he grabbed my hand. "Scarlett... would you like me even if I was... different than Jerome?"

I smiled and leaned in and kissed him. "Jeremiah, the first thing that caught my eye when I saw you was that hint of hidden crazy behind your eyes waiting to come out and it's hidden by your normal pose of yourself... It pulls me to you," i said and kissed him gently. "Now rest. You've had a long night"
—————
I changed into my workout clothes and after stretching I began to work out and train for a fight. The downside is, I didn't have a partner.

I get someone's presence behind me and I turned around to see a blonde girl standing there. Ecco.

"Your footings off," she said and I raised my eyebrow at her.

"You wanna test that?"

She shrugged. "Sure."

Ecco stepped into the ring with me. We took our stances and I lunge at her first. She dodged me and then I ducked down and swung my leg under her, knocking her to the ground. Before I could hold her down she was back on her feet and I she hit me hard in the side before my back was on the ground. She wrapped her hands around my neck but I wasn't giving up yet. I wrapped my legs around her neck and threw her down beside me before straddling her and pushing her hands to the ground beside her head.

"Give up?" I smirked and after a moment she nodded and I let go and stood up before helping her up.

"Wow, Scarlett beat Ecco," I turned around to see Jeremiah smiling and clapping. I did a slight bow and Ecco smiled and rolled her eyes playfully.

"Surprised?"

"I went easy on her," she scoffed and I smiled joyfully.

"Alright, well would the lovely Scarlett join me for breakfast?"

"She'd love to," I smiled and stepped out of the ring and went over to him and linked my arm with his as we walked out.
———-